Forum › Living with My Brother's Wife. discussion

joined Jul 26, 2016

...am I imagining things or did Shino just casually toss some pretty cheesy ladykiller lines at Nozomi without even noticing?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

...am I imagining things or did Shino just casually toss some pretty cheesy ladykiller lines at Nozomi without even noticing?

Yeah, but they've both been doing that a good bit all along.

And I don't know what the most neutral facial expression would be when inviting someone to feel your boobs, but I'm pretty sure this isn't it:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/living_with_my_brothers_wife_ch65#12

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

So I hadn't actually read this until Blastaar mentioned it as being good. I guess I looked at the title and thought "Huh, this seems way to triangly for me" and then at the subtext tag and thought "And yet at the same time, not triangly enough". Which in a weird way is actually true despite her brother's, uh, circumstances--but it doesn't matter because it really is very good. Thanks for the tip, Blastaar.

I do wonder about the subtext. One thing I'll say for sure--while nothing overt may ever happen in the manga, while neither character may ever have any kind of realization . . . the MANGAKA sure as hell knows what she's doing.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I do wonder about the subtext. One thing I'll say for sure--while nothing overt may ever happen in the manga, while neither character may ever have any kind of realization . . . the MANGAKA sure as hell knows what she's doing.

Yeah, the covers and the spot illos alone give that game away—I recall one with strawberries being particularly yurilicious.

And then there’s the constant blush-sex. And of course the totally non-erotic experiential-learning boob-groping . . .

joined Feb 1, 2021

All I know is that Kuzushiro would laugh at anyone who describes their five-chapter fanfic or doujin manga as a "slow burn."

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Yeah, the covers and the spot illos alone give that game away—I recall one with strawberries being particularly yurilicious.

And then there’s the constant blush-sex. And of course the totally non-erotic experiential-learning boob-groping . . .

Not to mention all the comments by other characters saying "You're acting like someone talking about their girlfriend, not their sister". Subtle.
Sometimes I feel like they'd be screwing like bunnies already if they didn't have to work through their grief first.

last edited at Dec 17, 2021 3:49PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

But that's forbidden love...

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

they'd be screwing like bunnies already if they didn't have to work through their grief first.

I think that’s pretty much a legitimate blurb for this whole series.

joined Jul 26, 2016

But that's forbidden love...

that only makes it better (͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I love this series from the bottom of my heart, but chapters with het boys crushing on Shino and no Shino-Nozomi scenes are dead to me.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

I love this series from the bottom of my heart, but chapters with het boys crushing on Shino and no Shino-Nozomi scenes are dead to me.

Omg. Same .

joined Jun 5, 2018

Man, thats way too realistic, finding a job. No wait, rather TRYING to find one. shudder I really love the side characters, all of them! But seriously, I ship that guy with Shino, or Shino and her class mate (the volleyball captain) and Ill fight all of you if i have to!

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

I always get a chuckle out of the whole '' I'm turning 18 soon and everything is going to be over/completely different for me'' trope. Like, do you have any idea how many times I changed jobs in my 20's ? I freaking went back to school , TWICE , before I was 30. Heck, I'm only getting comfortable professionally now and I've been out of highschool since the very early 2000's :-P. Also, stay in your lane kid, Shino belongs to her volleyball friend and her only !!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

shojie07 posted:

Omg. Same .

Yeah he has the personality of a dry leaf, he showed up late in the manga, he has no obligation and even he realizes that the brother's request to be a friend is forced as fack XS and by now she doesn't need that at all, she has plenty of friends and a loving w- . sister.

In fact, the one who needs friends and to move on with life is him lo/

last edited at Dec 21, 2021 11:54AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

shojie07 posted:

Omg. Same .

Yeah he has the personality of a dry leaf, he showed up late in the manga, he has no obligation and even he realizes that the brother's request to be a friend is forced as fack XS and by now she doesn't need that at all, she has plenty of friends and a loving w- . sister.

In fact, the one who needs friends and to move on with life is him lo/

I have no problem with his role up to now--he's been a Good Guy, and the connection with Taishi was a not uninteresting vehicle for getting to the ring arc.

But unless his romantic role is to confess and thereby make Shino realize, "I'm sorry, I'm already deeply in love with my sist--OMFG!", he needs a nice long motorcycle tour.

Of the Asian mainland.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

I'm fine with this not being yuri (no harm in hoping tho). But I'd throw a fit if this suddenly becomes het. XD

last edited at Dec 21, 2021 12:37PM

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

If wey gotta have chapters focused in the supporting cast, I'd rather we go back to her volleyball kouhai, I still need a follow up to that last chapter we saw her

last edited at Dec 21, 2021 12:54PM

joined Jul 24, 2018

Oh man, that credit page...

joined Jul 26, 2016

Shino's cute little sister energy is too powerful
Ken-chan is confused

00e89d13-fd67-4238-b358-b846856e36c0
joined Jul 25, 2021

if this ends up on an het thing with that ken boy I'm gonna be pissed for 6 generations

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

If this dude swoons in and it ends het ignoring the last 100 chapters imma just, I don't know, but please god no

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

If this dude swoons in and it ends het ignoring the last 100 chapters imma just, I don't know, but please god no

The series has shown guys being interested in Shino before, but has never shown Shino being remotely interested in a guy.

So I’m waiting until we get the equivalent of this chapter from Shino’s POV, with her going all “doki-doki, what am feeling about [het guy]?,” before I start mobilizing the commando strike force.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Everyone really is panicking too much. Not only has he shown no romantic feelings for her, we were just told that he's likely to leave soon altogether.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Everyone really is panicking too much. Not only has he shown no romantic feelings for her, we were just told that he's likely to leave soon altogether.

C'mon, you know the trope rules as well as I do: "Wait a minute. What is this feeling?" said by a character about someone they have previously known indicates: "Romantic feelings incoming."

That being said, this guy has already served as Means-to-an-End-kun in regard to Shino-Nozomi, so it's likely that whatever future role he has, if any, will be roughly the same.

Wbb-polar%20(3)
joined Dec 12, 2021

“I'm brother, father, and mother all at the same time.” oh i love this, it is the first time i saw a guy saying that.
If he starts liking her out of the blue, I will stop reading this manga ¬¬ He never showed interest and out of the blue comes a “then for some reason I like you”.

EDIT¹ Taishi looks so adorable ;-;
EDIT² Yes, looking for a job is so annoying. I miss the time when I wasn't born

last edited at Dec 22, 2021 3:14PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.