Forum › There's a Ghost behind that Gyaru discussion

joined Feb 1, 2021

Yuina and Hikari are totally just Reiko's moms now, and I'm here for it.

This is the story of a young woman meeting an outgoing single mother of a special needs child and gradually developing a romantic and a maternal attachment to them, respectively.

Not sure about the special needs part though

The special need is the non-corporeality

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

She's mute, dead and mostly invisible. I'd say those count.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Yuina and Hikari are totally just Reiko's moms now, and I'm here for it.

This is the story of a young woman meeting an outgoing single mother of a special needs child and gradually developing a romantic and a maternal attachment to them, respectively.

Wouldn't a mute be considered special needs?

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

She's dead.

Great, now I'm recalling the United Appeal for the Dead in The Kentucky Fried Movie.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

I am hyped for what I must assume is gonna be a dress-up montage with Reiko. Although wouldn't it look to most people like floating clothes?

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

The anti-ghost charm hovering in mid-air (from the perspective of the fake medium) makes it clear that the crepe Reiko was eating earlier in the story was also hovering in mid-air, with bits occasionally just...disappearing.

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

damn,Hikari and Reiko is so damn cute

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

poor new ghost

i think new ghost just want to sit there lol

last edited at Nov 29, 2021 4:44AM

Steam-community-screenshot-dream-team-demon,-witch-
joined Nov 15, 2016

Hope other ghost returns

joined Feb 21, 2021

I cant help but sheeeep Hikari and reiko sigh
Dont even know....but its just me

Ec324dcc-cdf2-41b8-a84a-08270b64c8bc
joined Feb 20, 2019

I WAS SO SCARED, TOO!

joined May 29, 2021

So there are other ghosts. Man this series keeps getting more interesting. I wonder where they’re going with it.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

So now that we know there are scary ghosts, how about a Mieruko-chan crossover eh?

Senkomaid_pinkbg_160
joined Jun 4, 2018

Not gonna lie, I feel a bit sorry for the new ghost. She was definitely a hair scarier, but the way she just kinda accepted being kicked out by Reiko with that almost confused demeanor immediately humanized her for me.

Reiko herself is the defining example that a ghost isn't necessarily a bad thing to be feared.

last edited at Nov 29, 2021 1:46AM

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

So this is a spinoff of the manga with the girl that can see ghosts huh

last edited at Nov 29, 2021 2:03AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Dang, this page gave me the heebie-jeebies. :-/ Is anyone here well-versed enough in horror tropes to explain to me what makes this kind of ghost depiction so unnerving?

last edited at Nov 29, 2021 2:35AM

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Lmao that confused ghost pushed by Reiko! She was just sitting there lol. Reiko was so cute being afraid to the angry teacher and other ghost. I hope more ghost to show up and see how Reiko and others react. Lol

last edited at Nov 29, 2021 4:28AM

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

I cant help but sheeeep Hikari and reiko sigh
Dont even know....but its just me

me too buddy,me too

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

It is the same as always. Unless you are cute, no one gives a shit about you.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Reiko is also afraid of ghosts... :D

She was definitely a hair scarier, [...]

I see what you did there.

joined Oct 2, 2021

Brave Reiko. Must protect Hikari.

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

10 bucks says the ghost is just doing the "scare people" thing because she thinks that's what ghosts are supposed to do and Reiko ends up teaching her otherwise, intentionally or not.

Bonus Prediction: She's gonna start out hostile to Reiko for not being a proper ghost but warm up to her because come on, how could you not warm up to that adorable little gremlin?

Nishina
joined Nov 8, 2021

Another ghost??? The ghost seems a little bit confused being pushed like that, probably she only want to befriend with Hikari >< She's kinda cute too, but not as cute as Reiko ofc

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Reiko's a fricking hero. ♥

Yukari%20sweet%20-%20copy
joined Nov 24, 2016

Dang, this page gave me the heebie-jeebies. :-/ Is anyone here well-versed enough in horror tropes to explain to me what makes this kind of ghost depiction so unnerving?

I imagine the lack of defined facial features makes it all the more unnerving. Kind of an uncanny valley thing where it looks just enough human to make you see the resemblance but far enough away for you to know it's not and that something is very wrong. Some theorize the uncanny valley is an instinctual disgust for corpses; i.e. it looks like a living person, but its not and its dangerous to be near it so we respond with "EW!! GROSS!! GET IT AWAY!!"

To reply you must either login or sign up.