Forum › It's a Detached Relationship. discussion

joined Aug 29, 2019

Epilogue now up on Mangadex. Lewd, problematic, and kind of . . . sweet.. Just like the series overall.

Ooooh, nice, thanks for the info.
What a spoiler, too! I would never have guessed any of those!

last edited at Nov 5, 2021 10:40AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Epilogue now up on Mangadex. Lewd, problematic, and kind of . . . sweet.. Just like the series overall.

Goddammit, you broke my sarcasm meter...

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Then my work here is done.

(Seriously, though, I try to avoid any non-spoilered commentary on anything that's not yet up on Dynasty.)

joined Aug 29, 2019

Then my work here is done.

(Seriously, though, I try to avoid any non-spoilered commentary on anything that's not yet up on Dynasty.)

It was not intended as criticism, just a quip. ;)

Y5
joined Jul 23, 2020

thanks!
was hoping for more of a wholesome epilogue but loved how aya's submissive this time. she was so cute.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

thanks!
was hoping for more of a wholesome epilogue but loved how aya's submissive this time. she was so cute.

I LOVE that they're still together, and we get confirmation that for 2 years things went well, and they're in a very good place when the story ends, so it fulfills my hopes and dreams for these two, haha!

Thank you.

Rag_rappy_by_macharro_dbsu2xr-375w
joined Nov 23, 2021

Are we supposed to root for Sei and Aya because I hate them both? The only one that deserved to be happy was her friend that actually cared about Aya. The fact that Sei of all people got a happy ending pissed me off.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

You're pretty free to support whoever you want of course, that's normal, but man this series had a particularly big amount of people who hated the main characters and still decided to read it to the very end, I wouldn't be able to do that lo/ it's like listening a whole album of a band I hate just because the occasional pianist that shows up sometimes makes good tunes.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

You're pretty free to support whoever you want of course, that's normal, but man this series had a particularly big amount of people who hated the main characters and still decided to read it to the very end, I wouldn't be able to do that lo/ it's like listening a whole album of a band I hate just because the occasional pianist that shows up sometimes makes good tunes.

Liking characters as imaginary people and liking stories as reading experiences aren't the same thing, and they aren't even necessarily related. Sure, "relatable" characters make things easier, and sometimes their presence can even overcome mediocre art and storytelling.

But looking at a story as a kind of contest among characters who "deserve to be happy" and those who don't and evaluating a story's success on which team comes out a winner in the end is only one way of reading among several others.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hmmmm it is probably a lot to do with the last part, some people might be thinking "It's all gonna be worth it when the character I like "Wins" at the end or is proven right" and then cling to that hope to the very end... Not sure how enjoyable that would be, in my experience, when a story is turning bad or weird I just walk away and wait for the end, like right now with Whispering you a love song, I just can't enjoy it, despite how sweet it was before, and I learned my lesson with other mangas.

last edited at Nov 26, 2021 2:37PM

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

I don't see how I could think Aya's childhood friend should have a better end than Aya and/or Sei, because I mean, if I remember well, if anything, she turned a bit stalker and yandere at some point. Aya didn't love her, yet she tried to push her love on her. Sure, they got distant before, but I dunno, I was just hoping for Aya and Sei to learn to accept each other's "dark sides", because I could only see these two be somewhat happy together. They were broken and completed together somehow.

joined Sep 7, 2021

Teacher needs a visit from the FBI or whatever the Japanese equivalent is, she's dangerous.

joined Sep 7, 2021

Wow, I managed to finish it and the best way I can describe that is, like a train wreck you can't look away from. I think it's over now. Honestly I feel like the author tries to sell the way things pan out as a good ending but being real, the main characters are grimly detestable. A happy ending for a story like this would see Sei in a sectioned in a shrink and Aya undergoing therapy. They had that Midas touch thing where everyone they touch doesn't turn to gold but rots a sour toxic inside.
The ending did feel a bit rushed but for what it was I'd consider it a fantastic read, if you're into freak drama's or whatever the hell this is. Thoroughly enjoyed but I'll read some moe to get that nasty air this story has out of my stomach. XD

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Wow, I managed to finish it and the best way I can describe that is, like a train wreck you can't look away from. I think it's over now. Honestly I feel like the author tries to sell the way things pan out as a good ending but being real, the main characters are grimly detestable.

Anybody looking for these to become admirable characters missed their exit quite a few chapters back.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Wow, I managed to finish it and the best way I can describe that is, like a train wreck you can't look away from. I think it's over now. Honestly I feel like the author tries to sell the way things pan out as a good ending but being real, the main characters are grimly detestable.

I mean, that's like...
the best part!

joined Apr 6, 2019

Why, the gall of some characters, to even dare become a couple and reach their happy end on their own terms, while paying no attention whatsoever to the sanctimonious admonitions of the readers!

joined Jan 22, 2017

Not to be beggy, just checking, does anybody knows what the status is on the Epilogue being posted here? It's been a little while, it's unclear if this scanlator has plans to work on the Epilogue themselves, or is it best to just finish this off elsewhere?
(As mentioned earlier, princess_daphie posted a translation on Mangadex; I didn't see any status update from /U/ who did what we have here on Dynasty)

last edited at Jan 5, 2022 12:08PM

joined Aug 29, 2019

I wouldn't worry about it, Daphie's is perfectly fine.

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

It always feels nicer when the "good" characters get the happy endings but I can enjoy a story about toxic relationships (I absolutely love Scum's Wish). It's just that the one thing I ask for out of any story is a good sense of closure... that being said WHAT HAPPENED WITH HARUKI AND MOCHI!?

I get that Haruki was rejected and seemed to accept it rather than getting hung up like Sei did with Yoru, but what is her relationship with Aya like now? They live next to each other and the confession/rejection scene seemed like it was meant to clean the slate so they could go back to being friends but we don't get to see that or the inevitable drifting apart that Haruki was so worried about.

Then there's Mochida who seemed to have a lesbian awakening in that one scene with Sei and is no longer interested in the teacher but we don't get to see how any of that worked out. I was fully expecting Haruki and Mochi to end up dating in the epilogue or something but instead we get nothing.

I enjoyed the series overall despite it not having the tidy happy ending were the good people are rewarded and the bad people are punished because good things happen to bad people all the time and story doesn't have to make you happy to be good, but this ending leaves me feeling unsatisfied.

last edited at Jan 9, 2022 2:39AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It did feel like this story could've run for at least one more volume, but we don't know if it was axed or not.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

It did feel like this story could've run for at least one more volume, but we don't know if it was axed or not.

It was axed, for health problems reasons

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

It was axed, for health problems reasons

If that's the case then I can forgive the ending being cut short. It always sucks when a story ends in an unsatisfying way, but I guess a few bad endings among all the manga I read, yuri or otherwise, isn't really that big of a deal. Especially when it was a fun ride all the way up to that point

last edited at Jan 23, 2022 3:40PM

joined Apr 11, 2022

Hello but where is the angst tag?

Made an account just so I can say I got pissed off reading this series. Even the "happy" ending didn't make me feel better. Maybe because it got axed but in the end, Sei is still the same. "Yoru and Aya are equally important", don't make me laugh. Who knows if she will just end up seeing Yoru again and leave Aya behind? And author, you already made Sei keep living in the past, now isn't Aya kinda the same? Like Sei is her only option, Sei needs her, she has to stay, she just can't move on. Man, now I really wish there is another epilogue or something where they broke up, and Aya finally found someone that wholeheartedly love her, than this awful woman. The girl is just only 18 for fk sack.

So yeah, what I got from this series is two girls made each other a mess of a human, and even after becoming adults, those terrible beings made a whole new mess for other young girls too.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Hello but where is the angst tag?

Made an account just so I can say I got pissed off reading this series. Even the "happy" ending didn't make me feel better. Maybe because it got axed but in the end, Sei is still the same. "Yoru and Aya are equally important", don't make me laugh. Who knows if she will just end up seeing Yoru again and leave Aya behind? And author, you already made Sei keep living in the past, now isn't Aya kinda the same? Like Sei is her only option, Sei needs her, she has to stay, she just can't move on. Man, now I really wish there is another epilogue or something where they broke up, and Aya finally found someone that wholeheartedly love her, than this awful woman. The girl is just only 18 for fk sack.

So yeah, what I got from this series is two girls made each other a mess of a human, and even after becoming adults, those terrible beings made a whole new mess for other young girls too.

Yep. That's how this one rolls.

To reply you must either login or sign up.