Forum › Yuri Manga Recommendations

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

^ Indeed.
Though, surprisingly, I did find all the rest of the old anime I mentioned with high resolution.
I guess my expectations got too high...

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Alright folks, I'm looking to expand my horizons. Gimme some recommendations. Whatever you like. Anything is fine, even the weird stuff, so long as it's not like... gross weird. Scat, loli/shotacon, all that kinda stuff is out of the question. Other than that, just give me your favorite manga or doujin. Or author. Long as it's on here or mangadex, I want to hear what you've got.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Alright folks, I'm looking to expand my horizons.

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/yandere_kanojo_online

If you're really looking to expand your horizons, this has the dreaded Het tag.

It's the best thing on Dynasty with that tag, tho.

The "Yandere" in the title isn't used in the usual sense. There are no crazed obsessed stalkers ready to stab their romantic rivals in the guts. It's more of a pun in Japanese. The main female protagonist is the biggest, most violent delinquent in her school. She is, to use the slang term, a "Yankee". That's where the "Yan" comes from in "Yandere".

But she is also a very lovey-dovey delinquent deep down. She likes romance and she wants to be in love, and she can be very affectionate as long as nobody else is watching and her rep as a tough girl isn't on the line. She is "dere-dere". Hence, a "dere-dere Yankee". Hence, "Yandere".

And she falls in love with the school's biggest honor student. Who reciprocates her feelings.

It's a high-school RomCom. It starts off as a 4-koma gag comic with lots of typical RomCom hijinks and lots of interpersonal violence. But something happens along the way and it transforms into a work with actual depth to it. Sometimes the gags and the 4-koma format take a back seat to developing the plot and the characters. Characters grow and develop and change, sometimes in fairly complex ways. The two protagonists start off as fairly 1-dimensional caricatures, but they turn into real human beings pretty quickly. The side cast is also pretty amazing, including Grandpa Tanaka, who may be the best old guy in manga.

It does occasionally rely on some lazy stereotypes, so it's not all sunshine and roses and puppydogs. But overall it's a quality story, and it's 100% safe for work. If you can muscle past the Het tag, it's worth a read.

(There is also a companion series, https://dynasty-scans.com/series/yandere_kanojo_joker, that features the same characters. Sometimes the stories are simply the same stories from the other manga, just from a different POV. But other times it branches out into a completely different story. The finale is not fully grounded in reality, so I don't like it quite as much. But it's also still good.)

last edited at Oct 29, 2021 7:57AM

joined Nov 1, 2021

I was wondering what peoples favorite manga focused on couples in adult/working life?

joined Sep 4, 2020

I was wondering what peoples favorite manga focused on couples in adult/working life?

this one's my favorite https://dynasty-scans.com/series/still_sick

joined Nov 27, 2016

Any good enemies to lovers yuri? Or yuri where someone is not interested at first and then they are

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

Any good enemies to lovers yuri? Or yuri where someone is not interested at first and then they are

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/5_seconds_before_a_witch_falls_in_love
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/5_seconds_before_falling_in_love_with_a_witch
A one-shot (two-shot?) that is very much what you describe.

Bbg
joined Dec 19, 2014

A lot of Mokou x Kaguya doujins would fit. Also try Rivals tag.

If you're okay with visual novels, there's:

Blackberry Honey (kind of, initial animosity is one-sided)
Perfect Gold (kind of, lovers to enemies back to lovers)
Melancholy Love

They can all be found on Steam.

joined May 26, 2021

yuri with the two partners having their sweet first times together, maybe even fumbling a bit along the way, but trying their best to comfort and make the other partner feel good...
stuffs like
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/gentle_pulse
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_steps_of_adulthood
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/ichimizus_first_night

joined Oct 4, 2016

yuri with the two partners having their sweet first times together, maybe even fumbling a bit along the way, but trying their best to comfort and make the other partner feel good...

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/chorus_and_formula

One of the best depictions of sweet-but-awkward first-time sex on Dynasty.

joined May 26, 2021

oh yeah I was about to link that also, is there much else?
you know, for a supposedly very "cliche" vanilla trope it's surprisingly hard to find this stuffs for some reason

Imageedit_11_5472942776
joined Apr 30, 2018

is there a series or one shot where one of them is mentally ill (like they want to die) i'm not romanticizing it or whatever i'm just curious how their relationship goes

Tumblr_pt8ll4hf781saqlhvo1_500
joined Mar 12, 2018

is there a series or one shot where one of them is mentally ill (like they want to die) i'm not romanticizing it or whatever i'm just curious how their relationship goes

"Girl in the Birdcage" ? But it's a manhua

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

I have found that despite an overwhelming amount of adult yuri with bisexual leads, there is almost no content with single mothers getting into new relationships with a woman. Children in yuri are not particularily rare, but it tends to happen in more fantastical series or becomes a result of adoption. I find it puzzling that such a common real life theme as single mothers finding new love is so underrepresented.

So I ask: Can you think of yuri that revolves around a mother getting into a lesbian relationship? (preferably not the type that only exists for two existing daughters to get into pseudo-incest through this method)

joined Oct 4, 2016

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sweet_guilty_love_bites_ch02

Single mom has a one-night stand. The woman she has it with turns out to be her daughter's new teacher.

last edited at Nov 11, 2021 7:41AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I have found that despite an overwhelming amount of adult yuri with bisexual leads, there is almost no content with single mothers getting into new relationships with a woman. Children in yuri are not particularily rare, but it tends to happen in more fantastical series or becomes a result of adoption. I find it puzzling that such a common real life theme as single mothers finding new love is so underrepresented.

So I ask: Can you think of yuri that revolves around a mother getting into a lesbian relationship? (preferably not the type that only exists for two existing daughters to get into pseudo-incest through this method)

Ikenai Hito, which is sadly gone from Dynasty
JK-chan and Her Male Classmate's Mom
My Daughter's Girlfriend

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sweet_guilty_love_bites_ch02

Single mom has a one-night stand. The woman she has it with turns out to be her daughter's new teacher.

This entire anthology was a true gem, thank you so much. That was the quintessential type of story I was looking for. Your synopsis made it seem more dramatic, but it was actually very wholesome.

Ikenai Hito, which is sadly gone from Dynasty
JK-chan and Her Male Classmate's Mom
My Daughter's Girlfriend

What a nice variety spread. I had already read Ikenai Hito a long time ago, but the other two were new to me. I don't put too much weight on Mira's 'plots', but I do still see merit in that one too. The middle one was quite funny and may have been my favorite in some ways. It would have been great if there was a bit more romance to it, though (the conclusion was very sudden). A supportive child is perhaps my favorite part of such a story.

last edited at Nov 11, 2021 10:58AM

joined Mar 27, 2017

The Girl’s Magic Flute and The Day the Cherryfruit Ripens

The Female Body

Dont%20ruin%20your%20life%20stardom
joined Apr 21, 2020

There's quite a few good Korean titles that aren't on Dynasty. My personal favorite is Moonlight Garden, followed by Getting to Know Grace. Both are very complex, character driven titles with strong power imbalances between the love interests. Darker is White Angels Have No Wings, featuring a relationship built on blackmail. Only the full first volume is on Dynasty, but if you haven't heard of it, Netsuzou Trap is a very well written in my opinion but dark and arguably exploitative story that features a lot of conflict between the love interests even if they're not strictly enemies.

For some more benign dislike/disinterest, My Princess Charming has one-sided feelings for most of its run. So do Sasameki Koto and I'm In Love With The Villainess, both Japanese titles on Dynasty, though mind the transphobic subplot in Sasameki Koto. Accept My Fist of Love! is technically enemies to lovers as they were former gang rivals, but is very light in tone. Another great Japanese benign enemies to lovers title not on Dynasty is Yuri Is My Job, which gets much more complicated than its premise implies. My favorite overall though is Still Sick, filled with realistic conflict between two mentally ill people.

Glsp3y3v_400x400
joined Nov 19, 2020

Reading the lastest Sora x Haena afterstory has me wanting more Tsundere x Tsundere romance. Anyone have a good series or oneshot they like?

last edited at Nov 13, 2021 11:51PM

joined May 26, 2021

Any good "powerful girl x innocent girl" rape-y stuffs? Anemone is just about the gold standard to me personally

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Ohana Holoholo

Beware, it's very angsty and dramatic to perhaps a frustrating degree. Still, not bad and I like the art a lot.

Dont%20ruin%20your%20life%20stardom
joined Apr 21, 2020

Does anyone know of any mature (and I mean women who are 50+) stories not on Dynasty Scans? I've exhausted what little is here. What I'm aware of so far is Her by Tomoko Yamashita.

Y5
joined Jul 23, 2020

yuri with a fair share of yaoi?

last edited at Nov 19, 2021 7:01AM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Ohana Holoholo

Beware, it's very angsty and dramatic to perhaps a frustrating degree. Still, not bad and I like the art a lot.

Sorry, a little late to the party, but:
Ebisu-san and Hotei-san
Up and Down

There's one other I can think of ... Will add if I come across it. Never mind. It was Ikenai Hito which, as already mentioned, is no longer on the site. :-(

last edited at Nov 19, 2021 11:51AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.