Forum › Hino-san no Baka discussion

Pat%20dixon3
joined Nov 6, 2021

This is my favorite yuri so far, the tension and slow buildup is amazing, though based on previous experience with yuri manga it can still go any which way and also lose, suddenly a rando dude jumps in and runs off with Hino or Koguma and ruins the ending, or it ends with a fizzle nothing happens like in "Adachi to Shimamura". oof please continue the winning formula while still developing their relationship.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The fact that Hino admits that she found Koguma's bikini top before swimming out to her means . . . there's open communication between them? No, that sounds wrong. Hino is always honest with Koguma? Not quite. Hino has a compulsion to confess? Perhaps.

Being called "baka!" is Hino's erotic fetish? Now we may be getting somewhere . . .

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

or it ends with a fizzle nothing happens like in "Adachi to Shimamura".

That is only the case with the first axed adaptation, though. The new manga has just passed that point in the story and is still ongoing, and the original LN is much farther ahead in both the story and their relationship.

Pat%20dixon3
joined Nov 6, 2021

That is only the case with the first axed adaptation, though. The new manga has just passed that point in the story and is still ongoing, and the original LN is much farther ahead in both the story and their relationship.

Wow that's awesome, I only watched the anime, but now you have given me a reason to read the manga from scratch. Thanks!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Wow that's awesome, I only watched the anime, but now you have given me a reason to read the manga from scratch. Thanks!

Ah, the anime got one more LN volume (4) adapted than the first manga (3), IIRC, so the new manga isn't quite as far yet in this case. Still ongoing, though, as said. As for the original LN, which I'd recommend for the best experience in any case, we're in the middle of having the 10th volume translated here, so there's still a lot ahead.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

I haven't read the newer manga yet... maybe I'll give it a shot. Those two are def cute, but I got bored of the LN since some chapters just dragged on and on with very little happening.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Daaaaaaw Hino trying to act all Chad but still blushing like crazy is all sorts of adorable ! She really cares for her little bear ^_^

last edited at Nov 9, 2021 4:30PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Hohohohoho.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Daaaaaaw Hino trying to act all Chad but still blushing like crazy is all sorts of adorable ! She really cares for her little bear ^_^

Having spent nine years in school with someone named Chad, the only thing this term evokes is the image of someone who farts loudly in public then cracks jokes about it. At first I thought people were using it to describe someone clingy that you can't seem to get rid of (as in a "hanging chad"), but that doesn't seem to be the case.... Is "Chad" meant to be a good thing?

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Progress achieved

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Having spent nine years in school with someone named Chad, the only thing this term evokes is the image of someone who farts loudly in public then cracks jokes about it. At first I thought people were using it to describe someone clingy that you can't seem to get rid of (as in a "hanging chad"), but that doesn't seem to be the case.... Is "Chad" meant to be a good thing?

There was a meme with a character called Chad who was cool. Its wierd since Chad used to be a stock name for Jerks in films

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

JUST FUCK ALREADY

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Ohhhh!! Hino's in looove!!! So cuuuuute!!!!

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Yes

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yes

I’m personally not too fond of seeing the term here, since its recent use originated in the incel forums, meaning (implicitly privileged, overly confident, shallow) sexually active "alpha males.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chad_(slang)

I know it’s come into wider usage lately, but it’s hard for me to forget its origin in the fetid swamps of the manosphere.

joined Aug 29, 2019

I’m personally not too fond of seeing the term here, since its recent use originated in the incel forums, meaning (implicitly privileged, overly confident, shallow) sexually active "alpha males.”

I know it’s come into wider usage lately, but it’s hard for me to forget its origin in the fetid swamps of the manosphere.

It has also come to be used in a usually half-mocking way, insinuating that the "Chad" is putting on a rather ridiculous act just to advance an objective rather than act genuinely or is being "a bad sport" and, this part is quite important, annoying. When I see it, it is usually at least tongue-in-cheek, often used as a caricature rather than genuine praise. Or at least, that's what I usually take it to mean. It is basically the epitome of "traditionally masculine traits", which is why I can only take it as seriously as any other "manly men", "my beard is so manly it grew chest hair" trope.
Once again you will find me on the "don't give up words just because some people use them in ways you don't like" team. Same with the T-word that we're not allowed to say on this forum.

@Topic: Could we finally see some more genuine self-realization from Hino soon?

last edited at Nov 9, 2021 8:24PM

13320157_522707027938643_73759181_n
joined Mar 31, 2018

KAWAIIIIIIIII AHHHHHH

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
JUST HUG HER TIGHTLY AND KISS HER TENDERLY AND LOVINGLY TELL HER THAT YOU LOVE HER
HINO PLEASE, YOU BOTH HAVE THE HOTS FOR EACH OTHER
SHE LOVES YOU HINO, SHE LOVES YOU SO MUCH

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Once again you will find me on the "don't give up words just because some people use them in ways you don't like" team.

Point taken, but it’s not like “Chad” was a formerly useful term until it was co-opted by incels—it was a very obscure and localized bit of slang until they started in on their pathetic love/hate relationship with “Chads” & “Staceys.” I’m not slamming people for using it; it’s just got a significant “ick” factor for me because of where it comes from.

OK, from my pov these two have obviously been gaga for one another from very early in the series, and at some fundamental level they each know that about themselves, but neither one quite realizes/is ready to acknowledge that the other one feels the same way. In other words, they’re both incredibly thirsty but each believes that the other one doesn’t drink.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Point taken, but it’s not like “Chad” was a formerly useful term until it was co-opted by incels—it was a very obscure and localized bit of slang until they started in on their pathetic love/hate relationship with “Chads” & “Staceys.” I’m not slamming people for using it; it’s just got a significant “ick” factor for me because of where it comes from.

That's undeniably true, but I've been having a bit of fun with "Chad" being perverted from its origins, even though it's actually not a word I generally use myself. I would fault no one for not wanting to use it, but I'd be sad to see it become verboten.

OK, from my pov these two have obviously been gaga for one another from very early in the series, and at some fundamental level they each know that about themselves, but neither one quite realizes/is ready to acknowledge that the other one feels the same way. In other words, they’re both incredibly thirsty but each believes that the other one doesn’t drink.

Hino seems to be in that weird state of denial where she does know that she's attracted to Koguma, but doesn't think it's romantically viable, in a sense. Like, "I shouldn't have this, this is way too good for me." Koguma being genuinely appreciative and telling her so may eventually break her solitary shell (just writing that phrase made me want to listen to that song oO).

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Aka: Idiot Couple

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Aka: Idiot Couple

Bingo.

Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

I don't think my heart can take much more if they don't get together soon. Even with the jokes, and the slight lewdness, what a heartwarmingly adorable chapter. At least it seems like they're both coming to the same revelation; they just need to actually act on it together.

There is a pretty nice moment when Koguma purposefully presses her chest against Hino's back in thanks, acknowledging:
1) Hino likes her, at least in some way
2) Hino is okay with her small body, which she is always so hard on herself about
3) The way to reward Hino is with herself.

Fantastic.

Like, "I shouldn't have this, this is way too good for me."

I think this is, essentially, both of their realizations in a nutshell. Hino has seemingly low-self esteem and doesn't think she deserves Koguma. She looks up to Koguma as someone who is smart, and fits in, and ultimately does the right thing most of the time. Koguma has a bad self-image and doesn't think Hino would want her; she looks up to HIno for her coolness, confidence, and mature look. They are, of course, made for one another.

last edited at Nov 9, 2021 10:00PM

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Yes

FWIW I only wrote it because I find the expression funny , I really didn't mean anything more by it ! I'm neither a man nor celibate in any case :P You're right that it has a pretty negative origin though and I'll refrain from using it here from now on.

last edited at Nov 9, 2021 11:00PM

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Will these two ever stop being useless lesbians!?
I mean, is cute and all but GOD!! Everything has a limit!

To reply you must either login or sign up.