Forum › The Demon Disappears Through a Lens discussion

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

If they're both nearsighted, using the glasses of someone who's less nearsighted than you should still help somewhat, right?

Yeah, it'd help a bit and probably be a huge epiphany, but if you just slap on an incorrect prescription when your eyes are this bad, it's going to be really disorienting and you're still going to be mega squinting. It just means they really do have about the same prescription, which makes sense that the MC could tell Ichiki's eyes were just as bad as hers

Doesn't stop this from being cute as hell

Yes, that's why people can still wear the same glasses long after their eyes have diverged from their original prescription. It's not ideal, but it's still way better than going without them at all.

I think the difference between putting on glasses having never worn them before and wearing out an old prescription is like the difference between a frog jumping out of a pot of boiling water after being dropped in it versus sitting in a pot that's been brought to boil.

last edited at Oct 24, 2021 1:59PM

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

Btw uh...I don't wear glasses but even I think forcefully making someone put on glasses like that is a VERY bad idea, and this could have been really sad. (this is still really cute though.)

joined Nov 9, 2019

I can't describe how much I needed this

joined Apr 8, 2021

New Kashikaze, my day is made

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Hehe, this makes me think of a day I had to go to work without glasses cause my frame broke. Everyone thought I was mad but nah, I'm just blind.

joined Oct 2, 2021

Prays to the Yuri god's , please make it a series please make it a series.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

good, you got a girlfriend, now get fucking glasses

Y5
joined Jul 23, 2020

i totally relate to chiaki lol. i remembered about my crush whom i thought was glaring at me and also hated wearing specs. she's cute too tho :D

ANYWAY PLEASE I NEED MORE, A SERIES PERHAPS

Lol%20eiko
joined Mar 29, 2021

Short, sweet and punchy. Love it.

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

More like The Demon Disappears Through a Gap of Moe.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Oh this is adorable. I need more of this, at least a volume.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

I will also join the chorus of "deserves a full series."

As someone with bad eyesight, I relate to this very much

Same. Getting accused of 'glaring' at people when I'm just trying to figure out what they're pointing at got old very quickly.

Then I got older and went from being unable to see past the hood of a car to being unable to see past my outstretched hand...

A8eb27cb4a70a5-a-nw-p
joined Feb 17, 2020

Aww why it gotta be a oneshot... It was such an interesting story I would love to see more <3

Plus I relate to this so much, I'm also someone with a terrible eyesight

last edited at Oct 24, 2021 5:36PM

joined May 15, 2021

I can hear a white haired fox friend preparing her speech about how wonderful Glasses are...

joined Oct 6, 2020

Weirdly enough, this hits hard. Reminds of the time I got into a fight with several people cause I broke my glasses and was squinting all day, they thought I was mocking them or something.... Gets worse when I can't even see their faces either.

That aside, holy shit Ichiki really is cute.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Yup, that was adorbs.

Yeah
joined Apr 14, 2021

love this author, i also noticed really quick that this author drew "cant defy the lonely girl". so happy for seeing this

joined May 8, 2018

Aw~ This is really, really sweet!
Aw~
And Ichiki-san, I know how you feel. During middle school, I didn't really want to wear glasses, so I always have to squint my eyes when I need to since I'm near sighted. One of my teachers even asked me if I wear glasses since she wears one too. I never understand why I was reluctant to wear them, but I eventually wear them in high school. It was like a whole new world. I can finally see clearly again.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

This is very nostalgic. It reminds me of one-shots from when I first encountered Dynasty Reader.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

This is very nostalgic. It reminds me of one-shots from when I first encountered Dynasty Reader.

Untitled
joined Aug 17, 2020

This is relatable lmfao. But i never looked cute with my glasses on. They're so adorable

joined Aug 29, 2019

So it's this but gay and hella condensed? Sounds like a win to me.

last edited at Oct 24, 2021 8:51PM

joined Sep 11, 2019

Cute and Gay

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

So it's this but gay and hella condensed? Sounds like a win to me.

Similar, but not quite. On the one, you have a girl who just doesn't want to wear anything for one reason or the other, the other one has a girl who keeps losing or breaking her glasses. Only thing they both have is both cute AF.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Btw uh...I don't wear glasses but even I think forcefully making someone put on glasses like that is a VERY bad idea, and this could have been really sad. (this is still really cute though.)

What exactly do you think could happen? If they’re not helpful the worst that’d happen is the person they put on getting momentarily disoriented and maybe pissed. Maybe the glasses get broken if they throw them off hard enough, but that’s about it. It’s not like having them on for a moment are going to seriously affect her, even if the prescription is wrong.

To reply you must either login or sign up.