Forum › Mistress and Maid discussion

20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

It depends on the setting tbh, nowadays keeping your children indoors and homeschooling them is weird but possibly happens? Historically I think it's very unlikely, usually there were some religious or cultural traditions that you and your family would be expected to show up for. Especially if your part of the upper class.

You can home school and celebrate family events at the estate, but the Christmas mass?

youdontknowwho
Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

The couple in chapter 14 are introduced here: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/mistress_and_maid_couple_ch01#1

Don't know why there is another entry for those 3 chapters.

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

Nothing better than sweet pure innocent love and affection

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

Nothing better than sweet pure innocent love and affection

joined Jul 26, 2016

TBF this was par for the course for most country folk before about the mid-1800s.

Without having a very good idea of the source data, I take all such claims with a big chunk of salt; I suspect a lot is people projecting what they think is reasonable, it's not like we have movement tracking data.

When 5 miles was like a 1.5-2 hour walk, it probably would not be a daily thing for most people (unless your fields or pastures were scattered.) But market towns, fairs, pilgrimages (even for poor people), and military service were all things that could pull one out of one's usual range, not to mention even just going for a long walk. So "most never went more than 5 miles" is a pretty strong claim, IMO.

I said most for a reason. As always there were exceptions - seasonal laborers for example routinely traveled remarkable distances to where extra hands were needed, pilgrimages were a thing, and trainee craftsmen were called "journeymen" for a reason. Hell professional herdsmen could move substantial distances every year between the summer and winter pastures of their charges.

But these were always a minority. Serious pilgrimages were a matter of great social prestige for a reason. The average peasant farmer's (that is to the average human being's from the invention of agriculture up to about the mid 1800s, because those formed the overwhelming majority of people over that vast stretch of time) life, bar some dramatic upheaval forcing them onto the road and those were the kind of thing people prayed to avoid, was typically spent within a microcosm of maybe a day's journey from his place of residence - and women were usually even less mobile. Case in point, for years my family used to rent a summer cottage out in the archipelago when I was a kid back in the Eighties; my mother notes the married islander women didn't seem to leave their farm yards at all except for the regular church visits... meanwhile their husbands cheerfully sailed all over the place in the fine tradition of seaside inhabitants everywhere.
Hell depending on context the peasants might just straight up be legally forbidden from traveling beyond the nearest market without explicit permission from the local landowner or his representative because lol, serfdom or as close as makes no difference. (We may incidentally note here that due to accidents of socioeconomic history the English language is inconveniently poor in the vocabulary relating to the wide variety of carefully delineated and jealously guarded legal statuses and rights of different stratas of rural folk that proliferated elsewhere; academicians discussing such things usually just straight up pull the relevant terminology from other languages.)

The proliferation of universal military service (for males), alongside dramatically improved transportation networks and various major economic sea changes just encouraging or outright obliging more, over the 1800s was specifically one of the big things that broke this ancient pattern. Also one of the major catalysts for more abstract "national" identities subsuming previous regional and local self-identifications ("now we must create the Italian people" as it were).

last edited at Oct 7, 2021 7:26AM

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

All of this is certainly fascinating, but I was talking about a girl in New Orleans in 1987.

joined Jul 26, 2016

All of this is certainly fascinating, but I was talking about a girl in New Orleans in 1987.

Well, I did also point out an example I know of from the late Eighties even if those were somewhat older folks. Point being people can be startlingly static even today and I'm going to hazard a wild guess the vague temporal context of that particular manga vignette isn't the most modern...

Hodo%20hodo
joined Apr 11, 2019

https://files.catbox.moe/7zbq85.png

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

These are all short, but so satisfying

joined Aug 29, 2019

https://files.catbox.moe/7zbq85.png

Her snake eyes are intriguing.

Also four more chapters? Oh boy, what a time to be alive!

joined Jan 14, 2020

This is a modern setting?

And they're out in the city? I thought they said the girl never left her family estate?

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

I realized one of the Maid is drawn lighty to assable a cat girl like the other author work
The new couple, is like we finally in 21 century

3baa1ab64dd532b6adbdcf6b46497e76
joined Mar 25, 2015

"Can man live on maids alone?"
Well, according to recent research, the human body contains roughly 125,822 calories (that humans can process, anyway); assuming you can preserve it with minimal loss and eat every body part, that's roughly 50 days of food. This assumes, of course, a male cannibal with a really good fridge/freezer. So if a man can commit murder roughly every other month or so, yes, man can live on maids alone. Well, until he gets horrible prion diseases and dies, anyway.

joined Jul 26, 2016

This is a modern setting?

And they're out in the city? I thought they said the girl never left her family estate?

You might have noticed pretty much every pair is different people in different contexts.

joined Feb 1, 2021

Ch. 16's pair was nice - less bratty than the others.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Well, according to recent research, the human body contains roughly 125,822 calories (that humans can process, anyway); assuming you can preserve it with minimal loss and eat every body part, that's roughly 50 days of food. This assumes, of course, a male cannibal with a really good fridge/freezer. So if a man can commit murder roughly every other month or so, yes, man can live on maids alone. Well, until he gets horrible prion diseases and dies, anyway.

You are a horrible person. Let me reframe that conversation: Countless anime and manga examples have proven beyond any doubt that all maids are secretly trained in the ninja arts, including hunting and survival (not to mention cooking). Therefore, there exists a finite number N, such that N maids are able to form a self-sufficient community able to generate enough surplus food to support a single adult human male regardless of his contributions to production or lack thereof. So yes, a man can live alone on the labor of N maids, at least until they rise up and overthrow him in a glorious revolution of the ninja maid proletariat, forming a new, yuritopian maid society.

...what were we talking about again? I think whatever Zanka is taking has been rubbing off on me...

joined Oct 4, 2016

This comment section has suddenly become far more interesting than the manga.

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

You are a horrible person. Let me reframe that conversation: Countless anime and manga examples have proven beyond any doubt that all maids are secretly trained in the ninja arts, including hunting and survival (not to mention cooking). Therefore, there exists a finite number N, such that N maids are able to form a self-sufficient community able to generate enough surplus food to support a single adult human male regardless of his contributions to production or lack thereof. So yes, a man can live alone on the labor of N maids, at least until they rise up and overthrow him in a glorious revolution of the ninja maid proletariat, forming a new, yuritopian maid society.

...what were we talking about again? I think whatever Zanka is taking has been rubbing off on me...

Okay, you can't tease me with the promise of lesbian ninja maids and then not deliver, I need a full series about this stat

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Okay, you can't tease me with the promise of lesbian ninja maids and then not deliver, I need a full series about this stat

I swear there are one or two of those on Dynasty.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

So I was going to just comment on how much I'd like to see more of the chapter 16 couple, but uh, this comment section at the moment is...interesting?

joined Feb 1, 2021

Okay but what if instead of a non-productive adult human male, it's a non-productive human female, and instead of overthrowing her, the communist maids take turns doting on her?

...the internet makes you type some weird fucking sentences.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Well- Zanka seems to be able to live on maids alone lol.

And as for the above discusion- the only ninja maid i know of is Misa from band-maid. Well- assassin is kinda like ninja right?

last edited at Oct 19, 2021 7:17PM

joined Oct 4, 2016

How about a fighting robot maid?

Close enough to a ninja?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I think the closest we've ever come to a lesbian ninja maid revolution had been the Devil Lilies movement from Iono (minor spoilers, probably).

last edited at Oct 20, 2021 1:09AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Adorable as always. ^_^

To reply you must either login or sign up.