Forum › Sweet Days with a Boy discussion

joined Aug 9, 2019

I'm really happy this story was uploaded here, as i wouldn't have found it otherwise. more manga is always a good thing

joined Aug 9, 2019

Seeing the story progressing so far , I don't think it'll go the romance route , subtext at best.

So im just going to my corner and punching air real quick

i think you'll be in for a pleasant surprise.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

I believe this will most likely stay platonic, why?

The two main characters are both very lonely individuals whom have most likely never experienced any kind of real love or company throughout their lives, so when they finally meet someone who makes them feel like they belong in the world, somebody whom they feel they can express their true feelings around, they feel obligated to protect them. Perhaps this is because they feel like they have to give back somehow, but because they lack much human interaction (Nagisa) and aren't very confident about themselves (Ai) they fear that the other person may view them as a burden.

I don't think this necesarily points to romance, but hey! I could be entirely wrong, and maybe there will be a romance between the two, because as somebody else pointed out already, the whole acknowledgement about the other's body is often associated to falling in love, which wow that would be really fucking weird because thats literally her sisters underage stepson but this is manga so nothing fazes me. I just hope the comforting aspect of this manga remains, and despite what some people may say about this series, I'm really glad that it's here.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

They quickly became a nice duo lol

joined May 18, 2021

Honestly I hope it goes the Ikoku Nikki route with uh. No romance between the 30yo woman and the child

ZippyZapmeister
Yatsude_!
joined Jan 13, 2019

The age gap lover in me wants this to be actual romance but I feel like it's gonna be more subtexty than anything...I hope I'm wrong, though. I like getting the POV of the older partner

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Well, finally caught up, and I'm enjoying. Thanks for all the work Daphie! Like @Peribee said: "Anything [het] that makes it to dynasty is almost guaranteed to be unusually good"

If I had one story criticism, it would have to be the overused chivalrous (read: macho) "I want to be able to protect her" comment. I'm okay if things go in a romantic direction, but after his realization, I really would have preferred if his feelings had taken more of a "care for" route. But we'll see where things go.

last edited at Oct 17, 2021 8:25PM

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Uwaaa happy for Ai

mitchellmidnight
joined Jan 29, 2021

Pretty shitty the mods find it necessary to block out the criticism comments on a het manga they were pretty obviously going to get after uploading on to a site mainly known for yuri. Yet there are hundreds of criticism comments on the other yuri series posted here simply about the tag "age gap" they do absolutely nothing about.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

Pretty shitty the mods find it necessary to block out the criticism comments on a het manga they were pretty obviously going to get after uploading on to a site mainly known for yuri. Yet there are hundreds of criticism comments on the other yuri series posted here simply about the tag "age gap" they do absolutely nothing about.

If you feel the need to voice your opinion on this, do it in the Help thread and not here. Thanks.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Yo, people who don't read (much) het, like me..we can just... skip them. Art is cool, the site has a myriad of other titles.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

My thoughts on romance for this is the same as ani no yome.. I hope they'll only have familial love and not crossing the line love. But who knows what'll happen, looking forward for more

last edited at Oct 18, 2021 1:45PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

If I had one story criticism, it would have to be the overused chivalrous (read: macho) "I want to be able to protect her" comment. I'm okay if things go in a romantic direction, but after his realization, I really would have preferred if his feelings had taken more of a "care for" route. But we'll see where things go.

I'd be interested to know exactly what idiom is being translated as "protect" in manga. i mean, I have no Japanese whatsoever, but in the translated uses I've seen, it seems to have a wider connotation than simply "defend."

A previous comment here sent me to Watashi no Shounen (a great read, by the way--one of the best, and by the same translator), and the characters happened to spend a bit of time parsing different feelings and impulses, one of which was "protect." It didn't seem to be just "I'll be your knight in shining armor"-type feelings.

last edited at Oct 18, 2021 2:00PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

runrin posted:

If you feel the need to voice your opinion on this, do it in the Help thread and not here. Thanks.

And really, we miss things all the time. If you're in a thread (currently) experiencing comments that appear to violate rule 10, report them. Thanks.

joined Mar 15, 2015

I was a bit disappointed that Chapter 6.5 didn't show Nagisa's family, since it also showed Ai from before the start of the series. I'd hoped that the chapter would have shed light on some of the events leading up to his father remarrying and his new stepmother leaving him in the care of her younger sister.

Speaking of Nagisa's family, I hope that they actually factor into the plot at some point. If his relationship with his father and stepmother doesn't get developed, then not only will they be derelict in their duty to take care of him, but they'll also come off as more plot devices than characters.

Glsp3y3v_400x400
joined Nov 19, 2020

Thank you mod staff for beating back the haters, this is right in my wheelhouse so I'm glad to get the chance to read it. I'm really invested by now ๑¯◡¯๑

Glsp3y3v_400x400
joined Nov 19, 2020

Also I hope it does go for the romance angle, and I hope it's super angsty about it. I feed off fictional characters' shame... @v@

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Uwawawawa

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Ngl I would rather this become more platonic but I dunno it just feels like it shouldn't even be romance since they're both characters that looks like they were trying to find a family just now a romantic one.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I believe I called it.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Purple Library Guy posted:

I believe I called it.

Can't argue with facts.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

And really, we miss things all the time. If you're in a thread (currently) experiencing comments that appear to violate rule 10, report them. Thanks.

thre´s some questionable desitions and some stuff that i don´t agree on this site, but despite everything i feel nothing but utmost respect for the people running the site and the scan teams they work with , you guys are the real MVPs and i apreciate all the effort you put

joined Aug 24, 2021

Found a hidden gem in this site

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Idk how to feel about it becoming a romance as I was also rooting for it to be a platonic series, but we’ll see how it goes, still a very sweet story :)

joined Dec 13, 2020

I tried to give it an honest shot, and overworked/discriminated OL stories like this are usually right up my alley, but why do guys always have to do stupid ikemen shit like that in het and BL manga all the time.

To be impartial, princely girls (garçon manqué style) always do ikemen stuff like that in yuri...

To reply you must either login or sign up.