Forum › My Sister's Best Friend, My Lover discussion

Senkomaid_pinkbg_160
joined Jun 4, 2018

You know, I had not even remotely considered that Yuuna would also love her sister, which is a strange miss for me since I'm always on the prowl for those juicy deets. I mean from the onset she seemed very normal and able to find relationships on her own. But it's kind of hard to argue with that middle of the night shot of her just standing there looking at her phone all dramatic. Now all her normalcy seems like a cover. Instead of hiding her feelings and trying to get away like Sena, she was probably on the proactive side, actively seeking other people to muddle her feelings for her sister, and is getting all emo when someone finally aims for the sister.

last edited at Oct 8, 2021 1:13PM

joined Oct 8, 2021

Mamiya Kiku became my best onee-san
I really love her. She deserves so much happiness.
I am scared of the sister's reunion. I hope Yuuna wouldn't break Sena's heart.

last edited at Oct 8, 2021 3:35PM

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I read the comments and I am not sure if I want Yuuna to like Sena or not, and what to happen afterwards... I know Kiku seems like a good gal and deserves a more willing and available girl as well. I really wanna see what comes out of such a meeting :v

joined Mar 26, 2021

That was really good chapter, Kiku once again prove that she best character here. As for Yuuna... honestly i hope she didn't have the same feeling as Sena, but on that page where Yuuna showed up for the first time looking at her phone, i thought she was looking at Sena picture at it gave me those vibes like in others incest yuri manga where both sisters sharing the same feelings but both wants to deny it or running away of it. Here like I said I'd like if Yuna didn't had those feelings but maybe she knew that Sena has them and thats why she moved.

And also after chapter 4 where we seen Yuuna for the first time and Sena admiting she has to stop running away and telling Kiku how she feels, it felt like the end of this manga is close by, because there just need to Yuuna come back and have a talk with her sister

Okay%20magge
joined Mar 5, 2021

Manga too depressing for me, but it's still good I hope Yuuna will finally appear.

Bb8a9f6b-acc2-4e0f-90f6-d54026cb173e_1_201_a
joined Feb 16, 2021

I DEMAND A POLY RELATIONSHIP not really I mean if Yuuna is gay for her sister as well then yes poly route WOOOOOO if not Kiku and Sena however if Yuuna still loves Kiku then BAM POLY ROUTE

S
joined Jan 12, 2021

This manga gives me anxiety but it's in a good way.

Img-thing
joined Jan 19, 2016

"she's not married yet"
YA-BE !
maybe the author will use that to create more angst

Fb_img_1627005325889
joined Apr 26, 2018

"she's not married yet"

She only said it because Sena told her that she can't congratulate her sister yet.

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Even before the suspicious panel of Yuuna holding her phone in this chapter, there was already that ending in the first chapter where Kiku was calling her on the phone asking for permission to let her have Sena. In that chapter up until the previous chapter, Yuuna's response or reaction to the call was never revealed by the author which is a bit odd—I find this important—since it would've been safe to do so then if it's anything other than an allusive response or reaction given that she's getting married anyway. That panel of hers in this chapter seems to be her reaction after Kiku called her in the first chapter which may be a hint of reluctance on her side because of her possible feelings to her little sister or her ex-gf still. Either way, can this big sister just stay wherever she is? Thank you.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB6JG5pRo-I We got a voiced official video! it's like a taste of how it would be animated, the entirety of the first chapter with seiyus

S
joined Jan 12, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB6JG5pRo-I We got a voiced official video! it's like a taste of how it would be animated, the entirety of the first chapter with seiyus

Sena is voiced by the person who voiced Koito Yuu in the yagakimi anime (Takada Yuuki).

joined Dec 11, 2021

The way Yuuna was presented in the last chapter made think she might have the same feelings for Sena which I dont want tbh I want her to realize that Kiku truly loves her. I hope that she is just worried about her gbh

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Any info on what happened to this?

joined Jul 8, 2021

This is one of the mangas I'm really looking forward to update, it's a bit angsty but it's also wholesome in way, and I can't wait to see how their relationship will be! :)

981c42da2a6ca1ced16e6500fb8d64cc
joined Dec 29, 2020

I would also like to know if someone has any info on what happened to the translation for this manga. Was it dropped or are the translators waiting for the free chapters to expire? (or something similar?) The raws are already up to sixth chapter so I'm just curious.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I would also like to know if someone has any info on what happened to the translation for this manga. Was it dropped or are the translators waiting for the free chapters to expire? (or something similar?) The raws are already up to sixth chapter so I'm just curious.

Translations are up to date, but I have no idea what's going on with the typesetting. (Doesn't help that all the other TSers aside from Urbs are anonymous).

joined Apr 3, 2021

the typesetter is currently on hiatus, they said they would back after Christmas but, yeah you can see what happened instead, maybe they'll come back, maybe not

981c42da2a6ca1ced16e6500fb8d64cc
joined Dec 29, 2020

the typesetter is currently on hiatus, they said they would back after Christmas but, yeah you can see what happened instead, maybe they'll come back, maybe not

I see, thanks for the answers. Hopefully, they'll come back, until then I'm sticking to google translate I guess.

joined Aug 23, 2021

Translations are up to date, but I have no idea what's going on with the typesetting. (Doesn't help that all the other TSers aside from Urbs are anonymous).

where do you find the translations?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

They're posted in /u/'s translation thread

joined Oct 22, 2021

They're posted in /u/'s translation thread

To those that don't know what that means and how to read this stuff:
Go to https://boards.4chan.org/u/ (NSFW!) , in searchbox type "translation". One of the results will be translation thread (links to threads change over time, so I can't just paste it here)
Then use Ctrl+F for search box, type "my lover" and it will show you links to pastebin with translation for chapters.

joined Oct 22, 2021

Oh shieeet, finally we have an explanation of the sisters reaction! Backstory time!

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Oh shieeet, finally we have an explanation of the sisters reaction! Backstory time!

Feel free to bring on the spoilers!

joined Apr 11, 2022

I have catched up to the raws (they are scanslated in my language). And if I understand everything so far right,

It seems Yuuna also knows about Sena's feeling. She also said she loves her when they spent a night together. The problem is, it's unclear if their loves are the same. Maybe it's the same, but since she knows it's forbidden, and in order to be together, she wants to make her own family with Sena in it, she has to marry. And so hearing from Sena that she will feel lonely after Yuuna's marriage, she knows her thought is already in the wrong way. (Just my guess, her train of thought is unclear as of now. This also makes me wonder something. Is Yuuna bisexual? Does she also love her fiance? Or is he just a nice guy that she has no problem marry with? If it's the case then I have no word lol). Then come the latest chapter when we have a meeting between Yuuna and Kiku. And it ended with the start of a past, where it seems it was the start of the time they were dating. But it rubbed me in a wrong way cause it feels like they didn't even love each other. Iirc, Kiku fell in love with Sena shortly after their breakup. And like I said, Yunna just wants her own family with Sena in it, so when she noticed Sena's distance, she knew something wasn't right. Maybe she thought Sena wanted a "normal" family? That's why shortly after they were back to being best friends. And here is where I really don't like Yuuna. It feels like she just wants to do things that will be convenient for her.

To reply you must either login or sign up.