Forum › Living with My Brother's Wife. discussion

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I am not currently following this series, I like the author but I don't do well with subtext and the dead husband thing..well, I did read some chapters, I just pop up in case any actual yuri happens.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I am not currently following this series, I like the author but I don't do well with subtext and the dead husband thing..well, I did read some chapters, I just pop up in case any actual yuri happens.

Your loss. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Look, I love Yuri as much as the next Dynasty user, but dropping a potentially good series just because it isn't Yuri seems like a real waste.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Look, I love Yuri as much as the next Dynasty user, but dropping a potentially good series just because it isn't Yuri seems like a real waste.

This remains one of my favorite manga stories of any type. And, sure, all things being equal, yuri all the way, but I'm fine with anything that keeps up the thoughtfulness and nuance that this series has had since the beginning.

But I certainly do understand why other readers' yuri expectations would be pretty high, given all the flirting, mutual bathing, casual skinship, cuddling, hand-holding, boob-fondling (purely experimental, to be sure), low-key jealousy, and constant blush-sexing we've seen between the MCs, to say nothing of the smoking hot yurilicious covers and spot illustrations this one has featured all along.

Sometimes I feel like we're all in a Nagori Yu manga, and Kuzushiro is constantly cupping the readers' chin and chuckling, "Such an impatient little kitten! I never promised you yuri--or did I?" in a smokily seductive voice.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Now that's surely love. What kind of love remains to be seen, but definitely love.

joined Feb 21, 2019

I will say, it kinda makes sense that if the yuri happens, its taking time cause the story is set after the death of a beloved person to both of them. Also, going from sisters-in-law to dating after the death of the brother/husband, isn't so easy

so ya, in terms of it taking so long (100+ chapters), at least this manga has a context and reason for it. As for whether it will be yuri, I mean with this amount of teasing, blushing, cuddling, flirting, bathing together, skinship, getting extremely jealous over each other and all that, not going yuri would be like a real wat moment

joined Jan 14, 2020

I pity you idiots who still expect this to turn yuri. It has been tagged as subtext through 100+ chapters, what makes you think that it will suddenly be yuri now? That being said, I'm one of those idiots...

Honestly, even though I know this will never go yuri, why do I still have expectation for it? Why must I torture myself so??

I don't think the tagger has any special knowledge[1]. They're just responding to the same stuff we read. Doesn't rule out some hard yuri swerve.

[1] Well maybe, if they're drawing on where/how this is published in Japan.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Almost needed the yandere tag https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/living_with_my_brothers_wife_ch101#9

Also someone really messed up Shino's culinary education.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

“Stop being sister!”
Yeah it’s like more than friend, right?
“ I’m stranger for years!!”
W-what’s going on now? ( I’m skipped over 5 chapters because I want see how far it go. I know it’s so wrong ;-;)

I think she's disassociating. She feels disconnected emotionally from her daily life. Shino's sister is a role she plays, like when she's teaching. It's a performance for the benefit of those receiving it. She hasn't, until this point, really thought of Shino as someone SHE is connected to, although she desperately wants her to be.

(Edited to correct my dumb ass getting names of baby lesbian sister-in-laws crosswired in my brain)

last edited at Oct 3, 2021 6:46PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

“Stop being sister!”
W-what’s going on now? ( I’m skipped over 5 chapters because I want see how far it go. I know it’s so wrong ;-;)

I think she's disassociating. She feels disconnected emotionally from her daily life. Uta's sister is a role she plays, like when she's teaching. It's a performance for the benefit of those receiving it. She hasn't, until this point, really thought of Uta as someone SHE is connected to, although she desperately wants her to be.

LOL— Shino is the younger sister-in-law here.

Uta was the one in that parallel universe about which our tribe no longer speaks.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

“Stop being sister!”

I think she's disassociating. She feels disconnected emotionally from her daily life. Uta's sister is a role she plays, like when she's teaching. It's a performance for the benefit of those receiving it. She hasn't, until this point, really thought of Uta as someone SHE is connected to, although she desperately wants her to be.

Uta was the one in that parallel universe about which our tribe no longer speaks.

(facepalm) Uhhhgh. Sorry, brainfart.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

“Stop being sister!”

(facepalm) Uhhhgh. Sorry, brainfart.

Actually, I love it—I can see all too clearly how it would happen to me.

I first heard about this series in the comments to that one—one of the great ridiculous-to-the-sublime parlays of my entire life.

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Author-san's an S.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

With them starting to open up to each other, I wonder if we're near the end. The author can't just drag out another 100 chapters of angst or maybe they will.

joined Feb 1, 2021

With them starting to open up to each other, I wonder if we're near the end. The author can't just drag out another 100 chapters of angst or maybe they will.

"Challenge accepted." - Kuzushiro, probably

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

If there was ever any yuri to be had in this series, it would have to be the slowest of burns. As such I still believe in the possibility. Bc it certainly is slow and ooooo does it burn to wait.

Image_2022-10-30_015926894
joined Jun 3, 2021

is chapter 101 a reupload? i’ve read it before but i almost exclusively use dynasty for all my manga reads…

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

is chapter 101 a reupload? i’ve read it before but i almost exclusively use dynasty for all my manga reads…

I don't think it had been uploaded here before, but perhaps you read it when Serenata posted the link to mangadex?

joined Oct 23, 2016

Did she really compare her dead husband to a dog? Lmfao

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Did she really compare her dead husband to a dog? Lmfao

No, she didn't. She remembered her first experience with death, grief, and memory. Lmfao.

Image_2022-10-30_015926894
joined Jun 3, 2021

I don't think it had been uploaded here before, but perhaps you read it when Serenata posted the link to mangadex?

this is probably the case! thank you

joined Jun 23, 2019

I will say, it kinda makes sense that if the yuri happens, its taking time cause the story is set after the death of a beloved person to both of them. Also, going from sisters-in-law to dating after the death of the brother/husband, isn't so easy

so ya, in terms of it taking so long (100+ chapters), at least this manga has a context and reason for it. As for whether it will be yuri, I mean with this amount of teasing, blushing, cuddling, flirting, bathing together, skinship, getting extremely jealous over each other and all that, not going yuri would be like a real wat moment

Ehem *remembers stretch. Ehem

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

This sounds bad but most of us agree that even if it doesn't end as yuri, it's an enjoyable series with really good moments... BUT if it turns out that any of the two or both get boyfriends after all, I would probably drop it hahaha, it would feel out of place to me after all this time and teasing.

last edited at Oct 6, 2021 1:45PM

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

This sounds bad but most of us agree that even if it doesn't end as yuri, it's an enjoyable series with really good moments... BUT if it turns out that any of the two or both get boyfriends after all, I would probably drop it hahaha, it would feel out of place to me after all this time and teasing.

I don't think I would mind Nozomi getting a boyfriend much... but Shino is, like, hella gay, it would just be weird lol

Even if it was Nozomi though, I would only be fine with it if it was at the ending, or if it wasn't a main point of focus in the story (which seems unlikely, given how awkward it would be to introduce someone like that to her former husband's sister...). This is a story about these two and their relationship; even if it doesn't go yuri, I wouldn't want to see it shift from that.

last edited at Oct 6, 2021 3:15PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I don't think I would mind Nozomi getting a boyfriend much... but Shino is, like, hella gay, it would just be weird lol

Even if it was Nozomi though, I would only be fine with it if it was at the ending, or if it wasn't a main point of focus in the story (which seems unlikely, given how awkward it would be to introduce someone like that to her former husband's sister...). This is a story about these two and their relationship; even if it doesn't go yuri, I wouldn't want to see it shift from that.

Agreed—Shino gay, Ricchan gay, Minato gay, volleyball kouhai gay.

And Nozomi really loves Shino—but love her that way? Time will tell . . .

To reply you must either login or sign up.