Forum › Watashi wa Kimi wo Nakasetai discussion

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

I'm on board with the group that thinks this is a false alarm. Either she's just changing houses but staying local, or somebody is moving out and she's staying, or somebody is moving -in- (Dad getting remarried, maybe?)

I think we can rule out the "somebody is moving in" theory. The mover is walking toward the truck with a box.

I doubt it'll be a false alarm, but there's no guarantee that she'll completely leave the story so easily.

If she leaves the story there isn't much story anymore to be fair

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I'm on board with the group that thinks this is a false alarm. Either she's just changing houses but staying local, or somebody is moving out and she's staying, or somebody is moving -in- (Dad getting remarried, maybe?)

I think we can rule out the "somebody is moving in" theory. The mover is walking toward the truck with a box.

Yeah, I looked again sometime after posting that and noticed that detail.

I doubt it'll be a false alarm, but there's no guarantee that she'll completely leave the story so easily.

I just don't buy that Hana would move away without saying anything, and narratively if she was going to, I don't think she'd get caught in the act. It makes more sense to me from a story perspective if this is a bait and switch. I could be wrong, but I guess we'll see.

I mean, she's definitely not "completely leaving the story" either way. She's one of the main characters. Unless the next issue is the last one and we're getting the bad end, the worst case scenario there's a time skip to their reunion.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

(Oh, Also, it could be a writing oversight, but ordinarily if your kid is transferring schools, you notify the school.)

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

maybe there'll some kind of timeskip and they'll met again after this?

joined Oct 22, 2020

Besides, would anyone in Japan really move house and therefor skip school a few days without notifying the school, so that their absence is known/approved by the school?

joined Jan 3, 2020

Freaking timeskip ending incoming.

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

A generic timeskip ending would be such a waste for this series I'm not even considering it

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Surely this is too obvious to be true?

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

In before possible twist where it's not "moving away" but "moving to a new house for X reasons/closer to school and/or work" yet they still play up the drama from the moving away cliché.

Quoting myself to bring this back to the forefront of people's minds. This is a classic bait-n-switch.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

A generic timeskip ending would be such a waste for this series I'm not even considering it

I agree, this series has successfully avoided falling into clichés and even when it did, it had its own unique way of handling these situations. A timeskip ending would not only be utterly disappointing, but also inconsistent with what the author has shown us so far; I truly don't think they would go for something like that.

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

NOOOOO ;;;_;;;;;;

0ee2c60a-7956-404b-9118-b3d2a41bdeae
joined Dec 7, 2020

Ugh I hope we’re not headed toward a she-moves-away-timeskip ending

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

You-chan cried this time huh, what a reversal

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Well, it seems that Hana IS moving, given this chapter.

Imagine if this ends like The Girl Through the Viewfinder...

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

It's really cool to see You opening up and making herself more vulnerable. I was skeptical early on and didn't like her as a character, but I have to say, the character development in this series is very well done and I'm genuinely starting to feel for her.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

"Of course I'd miss you, You!" Heh
...Sorry

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Ugh I hope we’re not headed toward a she-moves-away-timeskip ending

I hate this trope soooooooooo much.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Oh how the turn tables.

joined Sep 13, 2018

In before possible twist where it's not "moving away" but "moving to a new house for X reasons/closer to school and/or work" yet they still play up the drama from the moving away cliché.

Quoting myself to bring this back to the forefront of people's minds. This is a classic bait-n-switch.

i was thinking the same thing but seeing how the story went full drama mode i don't think so.
I came back after not reading it for some time and feels like a different story all together since a drama ends an a new one starts right away , this is the reason why i think it would end in a time skip or them never seeing each other after saying goodbye

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Ah fuck. My heart.

And, I have faith in this author to not pull some wack bullshit on us here. Let's see where this goes.

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

The tables have turned

joined Sep 22, 2021

Don’t worry everyone, there are two more chapters currently released to be translated and while I could only find them behind a paywall, their previews don’t look very dramatic or depressing. Things will go their own way and the duo seem to communicate better, I will stake my non existent reputation on the line on it

joined Apr 6, 2013

"And so Hana left on a tuesday"

" We never did see each other again but I still remember the times we had together"

Wsewamzlrlff%20(2)
joined Jul 2, 2018

I look forward to the way this goes personally, even if a long distance relationship does happen, I'm really happy with the main characters character development

Duck%20gamer
joined Apr 30, 2020

very nervous yet excited to see where this goes

To reply you must either login or sign up.