Forum › Panel x Magic discussion

Here
joined Aug 3, 2017

Not like a majority of women who take this profession do it because they have no other way to make ends meet.

Statement made without evidence.

Surveys in New Zealand and Australia have found most are doing it for money, not because they love sex with lots of men. But that makes it no different from any other retail job, except other retail doesn't pay upwards of $100/hour worked. Flexibility of hours available is another reason women like it.

Noticed that their both 1st world countries. But your right a high salary and flexible hours. Golly makes me wonder what kind of health benefits they get too(top tier I am guessing). Yup Sounds like the perfect dream job. Hey, I got an idea how about u do it? How about your mom? How about your daughter? I am guessing not. Just be thankful that you or your family dosnt have to sell themselves.

And be thankful you have choice. I know I am.

last edited at Sep 13, 2021 11:53PM

joined Jun 11, 2016

Gosh I just love reading Dynasty comments, where people will hate on a series for not immediately having yuri stuff and/or failing to meet their expectations.

joined Sep 22, 2015

Gosh I just love reading Dynasty comments, where people will hate on a series for not immediately having yuri stuff and/or failing to meet their expectations.

IKR?! It's just a few chapters and they hate it already, lol. Oh, and don't forget those who have a say about prostitution! Like, there's the tag, they're uncomfortable with it, but they read it anyway then rant in the comments how they're so against it or blabber how these women are only miserable irl. Seriously tho, we already know what the real world is like. We ain't here for your worldview. We are just here to enjoy the f story.

joined Jun 11, 2016

IKR?! It's just a few chapters and they hate it already, lol. Oh, and don't forget those who have a say about prostitution! Like, there's the tag, they're uncomfortable with it, but they read it anyway then rant in the comments how they're so against it or blabber how these women are only miserable irl. Seriously tho, we already know what the real world is like. We ain't here for your worldview. We are just here to enjoy the f story.

Eh, people on this site are strange. I have seen people who read stuff with controversial topics (incest, lolicon,..) and then rage on it. Seriously, if they hate those types of story so much, just don't read them, is that so hard?

Also, I don't entirely agree with you about the last part. I find reading people discussion about irl stuff kind of fun, as long as they are being polite and having a civil discussion, like the story of @Chantelune who had to work on 250 images a day or how people pointed out this is clearly a black/"shady af" company. Of course, these discussion should be keep in moderation (I remember there was a discussion about free economy(?) in some series that spanned 3-4 forum pages and the mod had to ask people to stop).
---------------------------------
Anw, I'm curious about the new character and how bad her photos are to be rejected.

last edited at Sep 14, 2021 1:49AM

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Not like a majority of women who take this profession do it because they have no other way to make ends meet.

Statement made without evidence.

Surveys in New Zealand and Australia have found most are doing it for money, not because they love sex with lots of men. But that makes it no different from any other retail job, except other retail doesn't pay upwards of $100/hour worked. Flexibility of hours available is another reason women like it.

Noticed that their both 1st world countries. [...]

If I may, I would like to add that even though Japan is a developed country, their Gender Gap Index is the worst among G7 countries. They also fair worse than a lot of developing countries and even some sub-Saharan African countries. They're basically in league with most Middle Eastern countries when it comes to gender gap and its 4 subindexes: Economic Participation and Opportunity, Educational Attainment, Health and Survival, and Political Empowerment.

joined Aug 1, 2019

I also agree to adding the bisexual/het tag, if she is explicitly stating sexually acts on men (like ball sucking) it might be safe to say her sexuality is a little bit more open.

We don't really know the details here but it's worth noting that homosexual women do work as sex workers engaging in heterosexual acts, there are apparently a variety of economic reasons that I don't have all the details on.

That's sort of irrelevant to the tagging system though as the rules the dynasty mods have on tagging things het or bisexual is that they must explicitly showcase it as a visual or story element. So far all we've gotten is that she's done it off-screen and takes notes to improve job performance so I'd say it doesn't apply yet.

If visual or story elements are added that either explicitly state an attraction to men or show her engaging in said activities then sure add the tags, that's the point of the tagging system otherwise it'll just mislead people searching using the tags.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Oh god the blacklisted clients she mentioned were awful and on the phone in one panel it said "baby play". That is a really hard job to do.

I do woner how bad this girl's face in the pictures is going to be if it's going to an unbelievable request. I also do love that everyone keeps asking to not quit.

joined Sep 22, 2015

Eh, people on this site are strange. I have seen people who read stuff with controversial topics (incest, lolicon,..) and then rage on it. Seriously, if they hate those types of story so much, just don't read them, is that so hard?

This. Exactly.

Also, I don't entirely agree with you about the last part. I find reading people discussion about irl stuff kind of fun, as long as they are being polite and having a civil discussion, like the story of @Chantelune who had to work on 250 images a day or how people pointed out this is clearly a black/"shady af" company. Of course, these discussion should be keep in moderation (I remember there was a discussion about free economy(?) in some series that spanned 3-4 forum pages and the mod had to ask people to stop).

Oh, my bad if I wasn't clear. The story of @Chantelune was alright. Am talking about the general debate about controversial social issues (like prostitution ofc, abortion, euthanasia, etc.) though. These are best avoided because clearly they are divisive and open to endless and needless arguments. Like you said, mods have to ask these people to stop cos it's never-ending lol. In this site, I noticed that, compared to stories with incest and lolicon themes, the prostitution tag is susceptible to these arguments for some reason, even though many recent titles feature proper adults with mutual consent and know what they are getting into.

So anyway, I'll continue reading this. Wondering if Kohata will end up in a love triangle between Sayu and new girl...

120x120px-ls-38203a65_avatar65018_8
joined Oct 27, 2011

As an ex photoshopper, this is a hell of realistic point of view for me. Thanks god I didnt have to photoshop semi or naked bodies but that's freeking hard. i also know somes really talented people on that field (work for instagram shoot etc) and they are totally natural with the job, i feel like golden ration sparks from their eyes or what (o_ _)ノ彡☆. Anyway hope that our FL will be loved by the girls and find her own way on this job!

Here
joined Aug 3, 2017

Oh, my bad if I wasn't clear. The story of @Chantelune was alright. Am talking about the general debate about controversial social issues (like prostitution ofc, abortion, euthanasia, etc.) though. These are best avoided because clearly they are divisive and open to endless and needless arguments. Like you said, mods have to ask these people to stop cos it's never-ending lol. In this site, I noticed that, compared to stories with incest and lolicon themes, the prostitution tag is susceptible to these arguments for some reason, even though many recent titles feature proper adults with mutual consent and know what they are getting into.

So anyway, I'll continue reading this. Wondering if Kohata will end up in a love triangle between Sayu and new girl...

As I think about it Dynasty comments probably isnt the place for these discussions. But the last thing Ill say is that this manga is different then the other stories like Yurika's Campus Life or I Wouldn't Mind Being Loved. Most of those are purely for entertainment and I think many people enjoyed, including myself. However, this author is trying to be more educational and perhaps even trying to propose an ethical view point on prostitution. So naturally people are going to disagree with it like any other political/ethical literature.

If visual or story elements are added that either explicitly state an attraction to men or show her engaging in said activities then sure add the tags, that's the point of the tagging system otherwise it'll just mislead people searching using the tags.

I also wondered if the RO was lesbian but only serviced men because of her job. But my vibe from the author is that the topic of ones sexuality might not be the focus of the story. But who knows I could be wrong its still to early to tell.

But I do feel like you could be misleading people with only having the yuri tag there. But you can also argue the opposite for Het/bisexual. I guess its best to wait and see like I said.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

This manga's cool, even if it isn't yuri. I had to do a lot of reading about the sex industry in Japan for a paper I wrote in college, so it's always fun for me to see that kind of stuff in another form.

Yes, I feel you! There are too many people who like to talk about the sex industry without knowing the first thing about it. They just talk out of their asses, mistaking their phantasms for reality, and rant on just like a Chick tract.

It's refreshing and very welcome to see this kind of manga where the job is depicted just as what it is, a job, and all sides and aspects of the industry are explored with such thoroughness and realism.

(I would have never thought that one day I would find in a yuri manga the words: "Important note: Yoshida-san reacts well to ball licking." Lol x 1000)

It's been only four chapters and my Sayu x Tomoe ship has already reached a size that makes the Pioneering Spirit look like a dinghy. ♡

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Did peoples really miss that GoogledAnon said they dropt it ?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I think people who weren't aware I was the translator would interpret my comment as me dropping the series as a reader (it's actually kinda interesting from a learning perspective).
But yeah, my interest in continuing to translate this was kinda banking on this chapter and it's interaction between Tomoe and Sayu and the ratio of yuri payoff to in-depth discussion of sex work was a bit too low to warrant the effort I had to put into it.

last edited at Sep 14, 2021 2:52PM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I think people who weren't aware I was the translator would interpret my comment as me dropping the series as a reader (it's actually kinda interesting from a learning perspective).
But yeah, my interest in continuing to translate this was kinda banking on this chapter and it's interaction between Tomoe and Sayu and the ratio of yuri payoff to in-depth discussion of sex work was a bit too low to warrant the effort I had to put into it.

Could we get "Cute little Iron Maiden" revived in that case? It feels like having been left on a cliffhanger for years

joined Jan 14, 2020

Aww. :(

joined Jan 14, 2020

But your right a high salary and flexible hours. Golly makes me wonder what kind of health benefits > they get too(top tier I am guessing)

Like most civilized countries, AU and NZ have universal health care. So the sex workers have better benefits than the average American retail worker. And yeah, they're First World countries -- just like Japan.

last edited at Sep 14, 2021 5:18PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

If I may, I would like to add that even though Japan is a developed country, their Gender Gap Index is the worst among G7 countries. They also fair worse than a lot of developing countries and even some sub-Saharan African countries. They're basically in league with most Middle Eastern countries when it comes to gender gap and its 4 subindexes: Economic Participation and Opportunity, Educational Attainment, Health and Survival, and Political Empowerment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Gender_Gap_Report

Japan is better than all Middle Eastern countries on the map. As for numbers, Saudi Arabia, where women can't drive, is 0.603; Japan, where women can serve in the Diet, is 0.656. This might lead one to wonder about their methodology.

Saudi adult female literacy is 91%; Japan's is 99.9%.

Japanese women live five years longer than men and are pretty much the longest lived large population group in the world.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Japan is better than all Middle Eastern countries on the map. As for numbers, Saudi Arabia, where women can't drive, is 0.603; Japan, where women can serve in the Diet, is 0.656. This might lead one to wonder about their methodology.

I'd say. South Korea is 0.687, way over Japan and on par with several European countries. Did they even do proper research? It's not just job discrimination that Korean women have to deal with: sexual harassment and physical beatings of female employees are standard corporate practices.

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Koko no dare mo nihongo ga yomenai to hontou ni omoimasu ka?

joined Jan 14, 2020

Physical beatings? Source?

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Well, leaving aside official reports, academic papers and the like, the easiest source to check is every Korean manhwa or tv series ever made with an office life setting. The culture of physical beatings is so widespread and universally accepted, they don't even bother sugarcoating it: they show it as it is. I have friends who have gone into serious culture shock the first time they saw an episode in a Korean drama where the boss gets angry at a female employee and starts scolding her and then starts hitting her and cuffing her on the head as he yells insults at her, while the other employees watch with a pitying look. Later, after work hours, the girls from the office will probably be drinking at a bar and complain airily about how the boss is too much, he didn't need to hit that hard.

Add in the sexual harassment (rampant) and the barefaced discrimination when it comes to salaries and job promotions, and you have to wonder where that 0.687 comes from.

last edited at Sep 15, 2021 6:13PM

joined Jul 21, 2020

^
One yuri Korean manga I'm reading has a part that's really shocking. The lead character walks into a shop, finds it empty but there's noise at the back room; she goes in and discovers the shop owner trying to rape a girl who works for him. The guy says it's not what it seems: there's money missing and he suspects this girl to be the thief, so he wants to make her pay with her body. Lead character reacts like this is 100% reasonable and gives him money enough to cover the loss, then leaves with the girl who later becomes her gf. Orz did anyone say culture shock??

joined Sep 22, 2015

Japan is better than all Middle Eastern countries on the map. As for numbers, Saudi Arabia, where women can't drive, is 0.603...

This is irrelevant but just wanna point out that interestingly, Saudi Arabia just allowed women to drive in 2018! Baby steps for that country lol

And what? Did I read the previous comments right? Using fictional manhwa or kdrama as source? Lol.. it's like equating anime repesenting real Japanese society. Please tell me it's just for humor..

joined Apr 6, 2019

And what? Did I read the previous comments right? Using fictional manhwa or kdrama as source? Lol.. it's like equating anime repesenting real Japanese society. Please tell me it's just for humor..

You're a bit of a dumbo, dear, aren't you?

Watching American tv shows (SOL/family/workplace shows) I learned that people in America are white with some colored minorities, speak English, are predominantly Christians, work for the most part in private companies, are strict with their kids and even spank them if they misbehave, but can't do anything sexual to children or else they'll go to jail. But wait—these shows are fiction! From this you, savvy scholar that you are, conclude that Americans are all dark-skinned Shintoists who speak Swahili, work as public sector employees, never discipline their kids, and have sex with minors all the time because pedophilia is legal! You won't be tricked by fiction!

( /sarcasm off )

Nene said there's a fuckton of reports and papers documenting the problem of workplace violence in Korea, from government agencies, journals, watchdog groups and all sorts of sources. Here's one example:

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/nation/2018/11/371_258521.html

You can find hundreds more with a simple net search, thousands if you understand Korean. It's as easy as that.

Next time, don't be a dum-dum and Google the things you don't know about, before writing pointless uninformed speculative comments.

last edited at Sep 21, 2021 11:45AM

joined Dec 13, 2020

Aww. :(

+1

To reply you must either login or sign up.