Forum › The Marriage of the Onee-san I Admired discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

^ Thank you! ^_^

joined Aug 29, 2019

This... makes a lot more sense in the middle part. I had been very confused as to who was swearing at whom.

0ee2c60a-7956-404b-9118-b3d2a41bdeae
joined Dec 7, 2020

Kirin-kun posted:

I looked up the original because I was confused: this translation is all kind of wrongs.

The girl MC is a teacher (they call her "sensei" on the first bubble, but somehow, it's not mentioned here).

On page 2, it's starting a flashback : the boy is in primary school.

The one who got mad was the MC's mother, when THE MC introduced her lover to her own parents.

Implying it was probably a girl even then!

It's never mentioned she ever was with a guy, so the bisexual tags stems from a bad translation.

The boy was just in an unrequited love from the start... no het here.

Blegh.

Thanks for this. Wholesome story despite the poor translation

joined Jan 30, 2021

This is actually pretty wholesome ngl....
How the boy was the best bro in the world congratulating his crush, even though he wasn't the one to be at the wedding saying "I do", he still took it like a champ instead of being salty. This deserves a wholesome tag in my opinion not het.
( i get why its a het im just saying this is really wholesome)

Y5
joined Jul 23, 2020

aww what a sweet guy

Enanano
joined Oct 16, 2020

Me after reading this: stares into the horizon from my window, "M a n"

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Was the boy her brother, one of her students, or just a friend? He didn't look old enoygh to be a serious romantic prospect.

Edit: Even reading Kirin-kun's quick translation left me confused, about him.

last edited at Sep 12, 2021 8:48PM

joined Jul 8, 2017

I looked up the original because I was confused: this translation is all kind of wrongs.

The girl MC is a teacher (they call her "sensei" on the first bubble, but somehow, it's not mentioned here).

The one who got mad was the MC's mother, when THE MC introduced her lover to her own parents.

It's never mentioned she ever was with a guy, so the bisexual tags stems from a bad translation.

Blegh.

THANK YOU for posting this. The first read made absolutely NO sense and now I know why. BAD scanlations, even with the best of intentions, are still BAD. I stopped reading a horror series, after I found out the scanlator was creating his own dialogue and not translating the original text!!

last edited at Sep 12, 2021 8:46PM

joined Jun 7, 2019

When I saw the tags, I was like "these tags together doesn't sit right to me" after reading the story, I was like damn, this dude is the real man. I've seen a lot of het couple where the yuri character was the sacrificial lamb like kuzu no honkai and cross ange. So this reversal is new to me, its good

how dare you remind me cross ange exists.

vietnam flashbacks of the huge yuribaits that i ate

116453289_3649829745030561_2447255441285922596_n
joined Jun 5, 2017

When i saw the 'bisex' and 'Het' tag, ngl my mind swicth to Warning mode, but THANK GOOOOOODDD it turned out to be the wholesomest manga i've read today. And for the boi, i hope he find another sweet girl

last edited at Sep 12, 2021 9:22PM

1011820_10203495624854953_6088973233617870240_n
joined Aug 29, 2019

Cool and sweet story :) That TL from Kirin-kun Made things more clear, Thanks!

Lomographic Colored Past
74ec91ae-b46c-44be-9b5e-7c40e1fb423d
joined Dec 29, 2016

Can we get this re-uploaded with the more accurate translation?

joined May 8, 2018

I was reading Kirin-kun's accurate translation and got so confused until I reread it. The upload one is inaccurate.

last edited at Sep 12, 2021 10:29PM

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

F dude

joined Sep 1, 2017

Was the boy her brother, one of her students, or just a friend? He didn't look old enoygh to be a serious romantic prospect.

Edit: Even reading Kirin-kun's quick translation left me confused, about it.

Seriously I don't get the boy's relationship to the girl. I've read the story twice. He seems to be a student where the girl is student teaching or something. He apparently has a room where she lives. Unless she is sneaking into his dorm room. He knows her parents. So they must know each other outside of school. Then there is the one panel of a woman, the boy, and a little girl on pg 3, that I can't figure out. It's almost like they are suggesting he's the older one. Which obviously can't be the case. I mean he looks like a freakin elementary schooler in the bottom panel of pg 2. Can anyone PLEASE clue me in.

last edited at Sep 13, 2021 1:40AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

johnb posted:

Seriously I don't get the boy's relationship to the girl. I've read the story twice. He seems to be a student where the girl is student teaching or something. He apparently has a room where she lives. Unless she is sneaking into his dorm room. He knows her parents. So they must know each other outside of school. Then there is the one panel of a woman, the boy, and a little girl on pg 3, that I can't figure out. It's almost like they are suggesting he's the older one. Which obviously can't be the case. I mean he looks like freakin an elementary schooler in the bottom panel of pg 2. Can anyone PLEASE clue me in.

Page 1: Present time, the woman is a teacher and the dejected looking boy is one of her students. They seems to be in middleschool.

Page 2 is a flashback: the boy is in elementary school and the girl is still in college, so they should have something like 10 years difference. They are childhood friend and neighbors, obviously. The college version of the girl just went through a break up, because her mother cursed at the person she brought home, so she came into the boy's room to complain. He calls the girl Onee-chan and mother "Oba-chan" (old woman/auntie), so they are close, but are not siblings.

End of page 3: fast forward to a wedding (with a "new" partner for the the girl I guess). The boy is in middle school, he wears a gakuran. The woman (his own mother?) , the little girl (his little sister?) and the boy are attendees of the wedding.

Page 4 : The punchline. Seeing the outfits, this is a Shinto (religious) wedding, where they exchange vows, not an official wedding.

What's a bit confusing is that there's 3 sequences in time. Page 1 happens just after page 4.

last edited at Sep 13, 2021 2:04AM

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

Hopefully he finds someone else

joined Sep 22, 2015

Despite the bad translation, I still thought it was a wholesome story. This is one of the very few titles that shows a good example of how to use a proper and positive male character in a yuri story.

joined May 16, 2021

Blegh.

Thanks mister uploader, you made everything clearer coz it’s confusing me from the beginning.

joined Feb 18, 2015

End of page 3: fast forward to a wedding (with a "new" partner for the the girl I guess). The boy is in middle school, he wears a gakuran. The woman (his own mother?) , the little girl (his little sister?) and the boy are attendees of the wedding.

Not necessarily a new partner for the girl. She could have followed the boy's recommendation and been persistent with her girlfriend until she agreed to take her back, then they stayed together and eventually had a ceremony whether her mom approved or not.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

zensunni posted:

Not necessarily a new partner for the girl. She could have followed the boy's recommendation and been persistent with her girlfriend until she agreed to take her back, then they stayed together and eventually had a ceremony whether her mom approved or not.

What? I think you didn't read the actual translation at bottom of page 1 of comments. The one who cursed was the mother and the partner broke up. Why would they come back??

And there's obviously a delay between the dialogue about the breakup and the wedding, because the boy went from elementary to middleschool (so, maybe a couple years?).

So, the odds are, it's a new girl.

joined Sep 1, 2017

johnb posted:

Seriously I don't get the boy's relationship to the girl. I've read the story twice. He seems to be a student where the girl is student teaching or something. He apparently has a room where she lives. Unless she is sneaking into his dorm room. He knows her parents. So they must know each other outside of school. Then there is the one panel of a woman, the boy, and a little girl on pg 3, that I can't figure out. It's almost like they are suggesting he's the older one. Which obviously can't be the case. I mean he looks like freakin an elementary schooler in the bottom panel of pg 2. Can anyone PLEASE clue me in.

Page 1: Present time, the woman is a teacher and the dejected looking boy is one of her students. They seems to be in middleschool.

Page 2 is a flashback: the boy is in elementary school and the girl is still in college, so they should have something like 10 years difference. They are childhood friend and neighbors, obviously. The college version of the girl just went through a break up, because her mother cursed at the person she brought home, so she came into the boy's room to complain. He calls the girl Onee-chan and mother "Oba-chan" (old woman/auntie), so they are close, but are not siblings.

Page 4 : The punchline. Seeing the outfits, this is a Shinto (religious) wedding, where they exchange vows, not an official wedding.

What's a bit confusing is that there's 3 sequences in time. Page 1 happens just after page 4.

Thank you. Honestly I've no idea how you put all of that together. Between the translation problems, the poorly denoted flashbacks, and that one panel with the mon the boy, and a little girl, that looks like it might be a young version of the MC, all I got was a jumbled mess.

joined Mar 25, 2021

Blegh.

Thanks for the clarification.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Thank you. Honestly I've no idea how you put all of that together. Between the translation problems, the poorly denoted flashbacks, and that one panel with the mon the boy, and a little girl, that looks like it might be a young version of the MC, all I got was a jumbled mess.

Eh, I wouldn't say it was that hard to understand even with the bad translation, but by now we also have the better translation at the end of the first page of this thread.

__sakura_futaba_persona_and_persona_5_drawn_by_kion_kun__d693cf24f18f5565a7cc666e236df3fc
joined Apr 9, 2019

A quick translation. I can't say it's perfect, but it's a lot closer from the original, imo:

Page 1:

Sensei, did you get married?
Aah... this ring?
We're not officially married yet though... (as in, they didn't fill in a marriage registration yet)
Eeh... so coooool...
Congrats, senseiiii...
Thank you.
What are they like?
Hmm... someone who loves me a lot I guess.
you're just bragging now...

Page 2:

Yori nee-chan, don't come into my room without permission.
Sniff...
Did you get dumped again?
Shut up!
You usually come here because you want attention.
This time, the person was really nice.
But when I introduced them to my parents, my mom flipped out.
Onee-chan, you're still in college, so it's a bit premature, don't you think?
But that doesn't mean she had to to curse at them.
Oba-chan, she cursed at them...
And then, the other person got angry... and dumped me.
Aah... geez..

Page 3:

Oba-chan's the one to blame, though...
So, I think it's wrong for the other person to be upset with you, onee-chan.
If it were me, I'd definitely not give up and go over and over to greet them.
Pfft... what's that?
So if I keep being dumped...
will you take me then, Michio?
Haaa..huuu?! No way around it then! And that's an "if"!
But...
But I knew that would never happen...

Page 4:

Because even though I love you so much...
Making you look so happy,
Is not something I can do.
Congratulations.

I was a bit confused while reading the manga, but this translation makes way more sense as to what's going on.

To reply you must either login or sign up.