Forum › My Sister's Best Friend, My Lover discussion

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I guess this makes sense that it's part of a chapter but still

Feels real pointless except for some expository stuff and a lame chair

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Nice view of depression, but I really hope the job girls don't become serious players. This story is already crowded enough with the two and a half of them.

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

This is part 1 of chapter 2

That explains why this was so uneventful.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Needs [Depression] tag...

I agree. Little sister is classic, textbook Depression

Iloveherface
joined Jul 12, 2020

I felt nothing important happened in this chapter, I think ???

Yuri Newbie Fan
joined May 16, 2021

There’s nothing much important in this chapter it’s like been cut or some pages weren’t included with the important ones but to tagged it Incest doesn’t fit at all, this more of siscon or unrequited love

joined Mar 26, 2021

This chapter pass way too fast.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Super uncomfortable vibes from Kiku. It might be too early to tell, and this could just be a setup that she's good at knowing what Sena wants/needs, and is pushing past her defenses to give her things she needs. But right now it feels a lot like she's not respecting Sena's autonomy and boundaries. It really feels like she's putting something on her, and giving her a role of some sort in her own life, which is a terrible thing to do to someone in as vulnerable a state as Sena is right now.

Again, we don't know any of that right now for sure. But it would be interesting to something that wildly unhealthy play out.

joined Aug 8, 2020

Speaking as someone who also suffers from depression, (which is definitely what sena is going through right now) sometimes you need someone to force their way into your life to break you out of your funk. It's likely that kiku has some selfish reasons for doing so, but I don't think those are her only reasons.

F7e7c9f162ec42798aef981ac8f87a64
joined Sep 23, 2017

I NEED MORE

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

I NEED MORE

same

last edited at Aug 24, 2021 7:27AM

joined Mar 28, 2021

Nice art. Story... meh. MC is obviously fragile and depressed. The “antagonist” is MC’s sister ex and asks said sister permission to « get » MC? Breaks MC boundaries all the time? Is interested in MC because MC resemble her older sister? Disgusting (older sister too).
If MC isn’t given any agency, even if the art is good, this is only a psy-rape story. Disgusting.

Melty-blood-type-lumina-7
joined Apr 12, 2021

It’s possible she was never interested in the older sister to begin with and dated her so the younger one would potentially give up or potentially lose her feelings.

Img_20210824_223852
joined Nov 18, 2015

Воу, классная рисовка

Kanistorshik_octavia_portrait_wallpaper
joined May 9, 2011

This chapter : EGG egg Egg

S
joined Jan 12, 2021

This is great!

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

Ooh, looks like that place has a significant meaning (probably sister related)

Bb8a9f6b-acc2-4e0f-90f6-d54026cb173e_1_201_a
joined Feb 16, 2021

I think Kiku liked Sena from the beginning I’m super excited to see how this goes

joined Jan 3, 2020

The depression is so familiar. The despondency (lack of self-care and lack of interest in everything), the snippiness with people trying to help (partially as a defense mechanism to filter out whether or not people really give a shit about you), and yet Sena goes out ultimately anyway. She could have stayed home but she didn't. That part is familiar too: the almost contradictory desire to get better and stop feeling this way.

It's also scary when it is this bad and very hard to get out of it. The person's resolve to self-harm is often tested at this point. Hard to tell from limited information, but I think Sena's resolve lies somewhere in the middle. Her situation is still dangerous because she got the worst possible news (sister getting married). She seems at the point where she could end up in a situation similar to a suicide attempt purely out of self-neglect.

Kiku's intervention is practically a godsend for Sena as she is now; it is exactly what she needs in order to avoid that kind of collapse. You can see Sena chafing at Kiki's attempts to help in a self-destructive way, like when she tells Kiku that she should leave because she (Kiku) has to get back to work. Sena is forcing Kiku to choose between her and work (and knowing that Kiku cannot stay).

You may think this is a shitty way to behave (seeking and continuously testing people to get external validation), especially for an adult, but that is usually lost on a person looking for a reason to exist.

It's kind of amazing that the author has captured this much detail about the situation and about Sena's emotional state. If the author doesn't have at least some personal experience with this level of depression, I'd be even more surprised.

I have a lot of experience with this (on both sides of the fence actually), and I like reading stories about majorly depressed characters (well, at least the ones with happy endings). I feel like they give me more perspectives for my own life.

Nice art. Story... meh. MC is obviously fragile and depressed. The “antagonist” is MC’s sister ex and asks said sister permission to « get » MC? Breaks MC boundaries all the time? Is interested in MC because MC resemble her older sister? Disgusting (older sister too).
If MC isn’t given any agency, even if the art is good, this is only a psy-rape story. Disgusting.

I see how this is breaking boundaries, and Kiku is ridiculously pushy. But Sena's emotional state is fragile to the point where this is what Kiku needs to do.

It's really hard to guess at Kiku's motivations here. Based on the title, it's safe to guess that they end up in a relationship soon. Romantic/sexual relationships formed when somebody is this depressed rarely work out. There's a lot of reasons for it, but most of it boils down to the fact that in most relationships the "give and take" needs to be equal or close to equal.

If you help a depressed person and they become completely dependent on you, then the next step is to make them not dependent on you, which is almost impossible to do while staying in the bounds of a relationship. You're also liable to be 'trapped' when attempting to end their dependency by threats of self-harm.

These are generalizations of course and not everyone is remotely the same, but... these are generalizations from my own experiences at least for once.

There’s nothing much important in this chapter it’s like been cut or some pages weren’t included with the important ones but to tagged it Incest doesn’t fit at all, this more of siscon or unrequited love

incest crush would be the most accurate tag possible, if it existed. I agree that incest doesn't fit here at all (at least for now), since the sister is getting married and may not even be present in the story.

Personally, I don't have a problem with incest stories as long as the circumstances as ok (nobody is being pressured into anything and nobody's having any biological children), but this isn't even an incest story (unless we learn more about how the sister feels). It's a "I can't get over my crush" story.

last edited at Aug 29, 2021 3:01AM

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

It is breaking boundaries but sometimes breaking the boundaries someone has set is the thing to do to get them out of their shit. Here the romantic interests muddies the water in terms of should it be done or not, but left alone MC clearly isn't heading in a very healthy direction. I've been depressed for years and have been living alone for roughly 10 months now, my appartement turned into a literal garbage dump and I'm barely bothering to feed myself. I don't have a single friend irl either. If I did have one I'd clearly set boundaries for them to not interfere with how I live and want to be left alone, but it still prolly would be a good thing for someone to force my stupid ass to see the sun for once and or not let myself literally fucking decay. Even if Kiku doesn't have the purest intentions she's doing a pretty good thing for MC so far. If it turns into some dependency shit later on then that'll be a separate discussion.

last edited at Aug 30, 2021 12:18AM

joined Sep 11, 2019

Yo, she just said it out like that?
Let's hope she can help Sena with how she's feeling and maybe get to wholesome territory

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

I feel like she's really trully love her since she said she always wanted to see her, maybe even at the time when she dated her sister. Hope it's the case, i don't want to see Sena loved just because Kiku can't move on and i like Kiku a lot actually, she's seems very on the wholesome way right now.

joined May 29, 2021

Damn she’s going for the speed run, though.

Iloveherface
joined Jul 12, 2020

"All I have... Is this emotion where I'm moving neither forward nor backwards"

Ouch, somehow I felt I kinda can relate with that.
I really hope Sena finds happiness with Kiku and it doesn' become in a toxic relationship where what they really desire it's the love of the sister

Yuri Newbie Fan
joined May 16, 2021

Now that’s what I call progress, and I love it! Way to go confessing but I’m looking forward for the reaction of that girl.

To reply you must either login or sign up.