Forum › A Monster Wants to Eat Me discussion

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

It's possible the student records show that Miko is not actually a student at the school or if there is a "Miko", it's a completely different person.

I'm leaning towards the theory that there is no "Yashiro Miko" in the student register, mainly because I can't think what information her entry could contain that would allow Shiori to identify her as a fake. Things like address and date of birth aren't going to tell her anything, after all.

Also, here's something to consider. We've been assuming that Miko and Hinako are friends because they sit together in class, which is due to their surnames being next to each other in alphabetical order. But it's a pretty big coincidence that Hinako's classroom neighbour just happens to be the one who's been protecting her from anthropophagic monsters all this time, isn't it? What if Miko arranged that they would sit together in order that they would become friends?

Wsewamzlrlff%20(2)
joined Jul 2, 2018

Maybe she ate the original and decided to replace her after meeting Hinako once and liking her? I don't know, since I don't know what's put in the student register.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Maybe she ate the original and decided to replace her after meeting Hinako once and liking her? I don't know, since I don't know what's put in the student register.

I'm actually wondering what was put in the student register to make Shiori realize "Hey, thats not Miko, thats a human eating monster!" Like what could've tipped her off? Her blood type? Doubt its a photo since people could've realized that wasn't her too. I don't know, this is definitely an interesting story so far, but i've yet to see the yuri part of it. Is it vore yuri?

Hidamari-sketch-homura
joined Dec 18, 2020

It seems from the author's twitter that the eighth chapter was released a little over a week ago. Is the translation still being worked on?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Yes. Translation takes a lot of effort, a week really isn't much time at all. It'll be done when it's done.

Mega328p
joined Apr 27, 2020

I hope it's not dropped. Please do not drop it >_<'

57e42e01ab9b36ceb7aaf8136fba5e31
joined Apr 24, 2021

I noticed this new wave of "waifu eat waifu protec" mangas and while they all seem to have amazing art so far I only really enjoyed this one. There's something about the pacing of the other ones that's throwing me off. Hopefully the mystery elements here are executed well.

Images
joined Apr 13, 2018

Please don't drop it please don't drop it please don't drop it please don't drop it please

HonestYuriHawk
joined Apr 5, 2018

Please don't drop it please don't drop it please don't drop it please don't drop it please

I feel this. I'm getting to a point where every few weeks or so I think that it will be updated but to no avail. Love this series though so I'll just have to be patient.

Images
joined Apr 13, 2018

I am going to die :)

Snapdragon beans
Screen%20shot%202018-12-15%20at%202.44.04%20am
joined Oct 27, 2018

I feel this. I'm getting to a point where every few weeks or so I think that it will be updated but to no avail. Love this series though so I'll just have to be patient.

So many series that I've liked have been dropped or the artist never continues them. I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't happen to this series.

Mega328p
joined Apr 27, 2020

So many series that I've liked have been dropped or the artist never continues them. I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't happen to this series.

Naekawa-sensei doesn't planning to drop this. Maybe somebody will decide to pick up translation.
So many series never get translated at all, tho. That's sad.

joined Jun 3, 2021

Yuru Ichigo (translators) abandon the proyect but there are 3 more chapters in japanese, hope someboby else take it.
https://rawkuma.com/manga/watashi-wo-tabetai-hitodenashi/

HonestYuriHawk
joined Apr 5, 2018

Yuru Ichigo (translators) abandon the proyect but there are 3 more chapters in japanese, hope someboby else take it.

Hopefully someone will. I've been dying to know how this one plays out.

Snapdragon beans
Screen%20shot%202018-12-15%20at%202.44.04%20am
joined Oct 27, 2018

Hopefully someone will. I've been dying to know how this one plays out.

What no! Damn, I was really looking forward to the next few chapters. I hope someone picks this up.

And yes, so many manga are never translated. I've found a few that I would love to see translated but they aren't popular enough so no translation. It's why I'm trying to learn Japanese.

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

Nooooo! It was just getting good and we were abandoned

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Since the group who worked on this seems to be out of commission currently, I could probably edit/typeset the missing three chapters. Been looking for more practice anyway.

So if anybody knows about a done translation or someone who'd feel like TL'ing them, lemme know i guess?

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

This kinda reminds me of Hachigatsu Kokonoka, minus the yandere faces (and the protagonist being a girl).

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

A suicidal lesbian, now that's something i can relate to.

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

Also that cliffhanger, fuck, I need to know what happens next.

joined Apr 3, 2021

got any source on the abandoning or is it purely speculation on the count of them being absent for a long time?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Gangreen posted:

got any source on the abandoning or is it purely speculation on the count of them being absent for a long time?

Based on everything I've been able to gather, nobody in the broader yuri/Dynasty community had any contact with them outside of Twitter, and since their Twitter was nuked there's been no sign of any return. I guess for the time being we're just assuming they decided to retire after the MangaDex fiasco.

Imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-ydiwshq0rx
joined Jan 5, 2021

Yoo its been a while

joined Mar 26, 2021

God, finally an update and on top of that its really good chapter, especially the ending. Is she some kind of fox or wolf monster, and did she was planing to eat Hinako someday

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Nine tailed fox, maybe they can be friends so she can fluff those tails, that surely would stop any suicidal thoughts.

To reply you must either login or sign up.