Forum › Maitsuki, Niwatsuki, Ooyatsuki discussion

Image_2022-10-30_015926894
joined Jun 3, 2021

adult yuri… potential for domesticity… really attractive art style… count me in !!
also, those last 4-5 pages felt like a lot happening haha, great stuff nonetheless. thank you for uploading!

Welp, landlord chan caught the MC..Hook, Line and Sinker. Also, I’m assuming the landlord is a foreigner? She talks veryyy different. Keeps saying “ya” after ever sentence. It made me imagine that she’s from Sweden or something.

last edited at Jul 3, 2021 1:10PM by

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Welp, landlord chan caught the MC..Hook, Line and Sinker. Also, I’m assuming the landlord is a foreigner? She talks veryyy different. Keeps saying “ya” after ever sentence. It made me imagine that she’s from Sweden or something.

She speaks Kansai-ben, she's from somewhere down south (Kyoto, Osaka, etc. ) .

last edited at Jul 3, 2021 1:47PM

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

ALL LANDLORDS ARE BASTARDS

The relationship with the landlord doesn't work out so she goes to her friend to complain about it and just finds Mao Zedong waiting for her.

Ah I see, thanks for informing me or else I would’ve read the rest of the manga imagining the landlord having a Swedish accent lol

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Jayxnoir posted:

Ah I see, thanks for informing me or else I would’ve read the rest of the manga imagining the landlord having a Swedish accent lol

As long as it's not a Scottish accent...

Anyway, people from Kansai speak a slightly different Japanese and other Japanese people can easily spot them usually.

If someone in an American comics wanted to portray a character from Texas, they'd make them say some "y'all" and everyone would understand they are from Texas.

Same thing for the Japanese writers when they want to show someone is from Kansai. Just change the language and expressions a bit and the readers take the hint.

Scanlators usually translate it by giving the characters some kind of accent, or expressions, to mark the fact that they are from Kansai, because it's most probably a plot point.

last edited at Jul 3, 2021 3:13PM

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Interesting starter, cute art, excited to see where this will go. It's also nice to see an MC already established as lesbian instead of in the closet or in denial

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Retired idol and mangaka is probably the two most popular statuses for manga characters lol

Still enjoyed this one a lot

you know what would be a cool job and would make an interesting manga, a yuri with a firefighter lol. i feel like there's so much potential for stories based solely on their occupation alone. so tired of idols/ol's/and manga related jobs

last edited at Jul 3, 2021 8:18PM

Images-3
joined Jun 9, 2020

I want that pet ^•^

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

So far I'm loving the series, thanks for the translation!

The former idol cliche is super overdone at this point but I just love adult yuri stories . Count me in !

Out of all my years reading Yuri I don't think I've seen the former idol plot beat "that" many times. At least not in Yuri specifically, so personally I'm fine with it. Also I think with how being an Idol is a big dream in Japan, and there's a often major problems with being an Idol, that a former Idol narrative makes sense for a Japanese series to have. Kind of reminds of the "American Dream" not working out type of narrative in American media. Both types of narratives are still relevant in current day.

It's just a trope I've seen too many times for my liking, not just in the yuri genre specifically.

I can understand that. But I think it'd be a bit unfair if every trope other genres beat to death becomes off limits to yuri because they didn't get to it in time.

I don’t think there’s any narrative trope in existence that someone won’t complain is “too cliche” or “overused.”

Have you heard the one about how two people are or might be attracted to one another, but various obstacles/circumstances get in their way, and then finally they get together? Or don’t.

Fascinating stuff, I tell you.

LionTrainer1
50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

I really like the premise and the designs, definitely going to keep up with this one

61f8f9de6afa98bcb0f186a1_736_640_20945%20(1)
joined Mar 25, 2021

W H I P P E D

Tmp_11996-nanofate-3-11937795520
joined Dec 6, 2013

This be looking gucci, can't wait for more XD

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Former Idol Landlord-Chan has some creepy vibes.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

It's probably obvious but an ooya is a landlady/landlord. So it's every month, with garden, with landlady. also, while it's true there are a lot of idol and mangaka yuris, there was also bright and cheery amnesia with a blue collar wife, and one of the one-shots? had one partner be a bus driver. Also this makes me a little nostalgic for Octave.

last edited at Jul 6, 2021 7:42PM

AWalkingPizza
Gay
joined Jun 13, 2016

YAYYYYYYYYYYYY

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I don’t think there’s any narrative trope in existence that someone won’t complain is “too cliche” or “overused.”

Have you heard the one about how two people are or might be attracted to one another, but various obstacles/circumstances get in their way, and then finally they get together? Or don’t.

Fascinating stuff, I tell you.

My favorite. (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

joined Apr 13, 2021

As a sucker for looks myself.. Yeah. Could totally relate to MC's instant simping.

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

It's probably obvious but an ooya is a landlady/landlord. So it's every month, with garden, with landlady. also, while it's true there are a lot of idol and mangaka yuris, there was also bright and cheery amnesia with a blue collar wife, and one of the one-shots? had one partner be a bus driver. Also this makes me a little nostalgic for Octave.

I thought the romanized title sounded better (all words ending in tsuki), instead of the raw translation in English (Monthly, with garden, with landlord).

Even the official English title, "monthly / with garden / with Ooya" that some Japanese editor thought was a nice idea to add looks clunky to me.

Ooya is gender-neutral, so I opted for just "landlord" in the text (which I've been said is mostly gender neutral too) and for the romanization for the title.

Crucru
joined Oct 28, 2020

this is so good, i want more!!

MeiLangSakalam
271731483_478678657204397_1801763266118199384_n
joined Mar 26, 2021

Y UR SO GEH?

joined Apr 28, 2019

Yes i do the cooking Yes i do the cleaning

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

ALL LANDLORDS ARE BASTARDS

The landlord from Even If It Was Once was a total champ. Even if she had ulterior motives...

bloodonthewater
Bigj
joined Jul 7, 2021

Mao Zedong cameo when

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Mao Zedong cameo when

???
If it's a reference I dun get it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.