Forum › Kaijuu Iro no Shima discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

These chapters are too short and there's two per year or something?

This is an unbearable pace.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

These chapters are too short and there's two per year or something?

This is an unbearable pace.

4 a year, it's one chapter every 3 months.

joined Jul 30, 2020

I'm really intrigued by this story, which makes following it rather painful.

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

You cant fug a Ghost, thats what she should say
Or she can?

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Oh hey the series is alive.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

I need to brainbleach this out of my memory and discover this anew when it's finished after humanity colonizes Mars to escape robot-controlled Earth.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

This chapter's spreads were nice, but that last panel gave me the chills.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I'm not a ghost, that there is a ghost.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Somehow I missed the previous chapter. Chapters come out so rarely that I forget about this series. If it weren't for the cliffhanger-style ending pages each time, it kind of feels like several of these chapters could have been combined together to make one "normal-sized" chapter.

Anyway, these two are super cute together, but the ongoing weirdness makes it hard to be sure how I feel about things.

last edited at Jul 6, 2021 4:17PM

joined Jun 6, 2021

Cliff-hangers are appropriate to stories that have weekly installments; they are not appropriate to quarterlies.

joined Dec 28, 2016

This is pretty interesting, only thing, i was kinda happy to see that there was a brown protagonist, but then got disappointed when I saw the tan lines, why do japanese artists do that, let brown characters exist without having them end up just being tan, god damnit ahhhggg.

Because it matches the setting??? They're in a southern island of Japan. Asian people, including Japanese people, can vary skin tone extremely heavily based on sun exposure. There's also genetics at play as the southern islanders have a lot of Ryukyu blood in them which results in naturally darker skin tone even when not tanned. It's used to indicate whether someone is "country girl" or "city girl" as well in Japanese fiction.

last edited at Jul 6, 2021 6:59PM

joined May 29, 2021

I didn't watch Sankarea XD I just know it's famous.

It has one of my favorite EDs of all time.

https://youtu.be/73CxYbB_SW0

kingkhalil001
Hikamaru%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

And now we wait another 3 months. I really like this series but the release schedule is extremely slow.

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

Because it matches the setting??? They're in a southern island of Japan. Asian people, including Japanese people, can vary skin tone extremely heavily based on sun exposure. There's also genetics at play as the southern islanders have a lot of Ryukyu blood in them which results in naturally darker skin tone even when not tanned. It's used to indicate whether someone is "country girl" or "city girl" as well in Japanese fiction.

Bitch i ain't complaining about that, It's just really rare to see dark skinned characters in Japanese media, and when it's done, it usually turns out to be just a tan girl, it's just too much of a common occurrence, that's what makes me lose my shit, not whether it makes sense story wise or whatever the fuck u sayin

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

Now let's suffer in peace while we wait for a new chapter

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

This is a crime! Don't leave us like that. T.T

13320157_522707027938643_73759181_n
joined Mar 31, 2018

come on that was so short

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Bitch i ain't complaining about that, It's just really rare to see dark skinned characters in Japanese media, and when it's done, it usually turns out to be just a tan girl, it's just too much of a common occurrence, that's what makes me lose my shit, not whether it makes sense story wise or whatever the fuck u sayin

lmao i love it.

and yes now let's all suffer in peace as we wait for an even shorter chapter lol

MeiLangSakalam
271731483_478678657204397_1801763266118199384_n
joined Mar 26, 2021

THE ART THE ARRRTTTT LOVE THE STORY TOO!!

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

So the good news is that I can translate chapter 12 this week and we could release it fairly quickly.

The bad news is that the series will be on break for the October issue, which means the next chapter will be in… January.

last edited at Jul 13, 2021 3:56PM

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Ahahaha, all the people thinking Kon's a ghost just got called out.

joined Aug 1, 2021

How come ch12 isnt here yet ? I know that october is a break but if 12 is out now and 13 in january it would put things in order

Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

How come ch12 isnt here yet ? I know that october is a break but if 12 is out now and 13 in january it would put things in order

You answered your own question. The series is on break for the october release, and the next release is in January. That means no new chapters until January.

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

Ugh this is so great but I've been waiting as it releases now for ACTUAL YEARS

joined Aug 10, 2021

It is FEBRUARY. Give us 1 CHAPTER PLEAAAAASE

To reply you must either login or sign up.