Forum › Friends at the End discussion

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

No canned goods? No supermarkets to loot? This is the apocolypse

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Post apocalyptic survival cooking with my former high school bully?!

…is what this would be called if it was a light novel

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

How many chapters until

becomes "Eating this girl out isn't so bad after all."?

(Also thanks for the translation and upload! Cute stuff.)

last edited at Jun 18, 2021 1:17AM

A8579f88-3796-4c80-9233-af508afff917
joined Jul 27, 2019

Cute girls doing post-apocalyptic things, my favorite genre!

Surviving After I Slept Through The End of The World With The Girl I Used To Bully?!?!

last edited at Jun 18, 2021 1:49AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Cute girls doing post-apocalyptic things, my favorite genre!

Surviving After I Slept Through The End of The World With The Girl I Used To Bully?!?!

Or, if this were a one-shot Twitter manga: I Slept Through The Apocalypse, So The Classmate I Used To Bully Made Me Cookies That Tasted Like Slag.

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

SMTV moment

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I'm extraordinarily miffed and annoyed by the lack of a yuri tag.
What kind of idiot mangaka writes a story like this one and doesn't make it yuri!?

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch 1 pg 10, "not on school trip" -> "not on a school trip"

pg 11, "can be helped" -> "can't be helped"

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

No canned goods? No supermarkets to loot? This is the apocolypse

Yeah, the first thing to do after an apocalypse is to go raid the stores for foods you can keep for a long time.

Anyway, I'm going to choose to see this as yuri regardless of the presence or absence of the tag. :P

last edited at Jun 18, 2021 1:24PM

Malibu Uploader
Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

I'm extraordinarily miffed and annoyed by the lack of a yuri tag.
What kind of idiot mangaka writes a story like this one and doesn't make it yuri!?

I mean, they should at least TRY to repopulate the earth. Worth a shot.

joined Oct 10, 2016

Nah I can't. It's not cute at all. It's disturbing. Yes, the world may end, but I think Chio should think about Kia not as "Fuck yuo I'll keep bullying you and treat you like shit" but rather "Aight we're alone, we need to put this shit to the side for now and team up". Cuz else

And that's how Chio and Kia died.

Also bullying tag pls

last edited at Jun 18, 2021 3:00PM

MapleLovesYuri
Okay%20magge
joined Mar 5, 2021

can't believe till the bully realizr that it's all just a dream and apoligize to chia-chan then they kiss

ThatdudefromVietNam
T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Jun 23, 2019

Why don't we have a apocalypse tag ? sci-fi isnt clear enough

Mistress Trupin
joined Jul 24, 2018

The survival aspect kinda reminds me of Sounan desu ka

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

So, apparently, the apocalypse has destroyed every single supermarket on the planet, but the clocks are still running for them to track time this accurately. If the author cares about setting consistency this little, why didn't they just go for a "two girls on a botched field trip" story instead of post-apocalypse?

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

So, apparently, the apocalypse has destroyed every single supermarket on the planet, but the clocks are still running for them to track time this accurately. If the author cares about setting consistency this little, why didn't they just go for a "two girls on a botched field trip" story instead of post-apocalypse?

This

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

I dont think I can accept them being all wholesome and cutesy without them acknowledging their fucked up situation. Like something is gonna give at some point right? There is no time to be tsun-tsun after the fucking apocalypse.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

MST3K mantra, y'all.

joined Feb 1, 2021

I mean, are we sure it's not? Maybe they've just gotten themselves really lost.

joined Mar 15, 2015

I dont think I can accept them being all wholesome and cutesy without them acknowledging their fucked up situation. Like something is gonna give at some point right? There is no time to be tsun-tsun after the fucking apocalypse.

I agree. I think Girls' Last Tour did a better job of underscoring the bleakness of the post-apocalyptic world despite the levity of Chito and Yuuri's banter, even though the bleak part became more obvious toward the end.

Cornonthekopp
joined Jul 6, 2020

Yay thanks for the budget tl notes

NamiBlueFeather
Riinu
joined Jun 10, 2019

The research is well received btw! I’ll never look at a blueberry the same way…

joined Jul 6, 2020

I’ve seen similar methods of the piss one before but with variations. They all essentially just revolve around taking impure water such as seawater (or piss i guess) and then letting it evaporate in a way that the recondensed droplets can be collected.

The method I read about (in a YA survival novel when I was like 12) involved taking a pot of water, building a tent shaped dome over it with a plastic tarp or something, setting some containers near the corners of the ‘tent’ and then boiling the water. When that happens the steam will hit the inside of the tarp and condense into water droplets which will roll down the raised corners of the tarp into the containers below.

It’s pretty labor/time intensive but the combo of boiling and condensation means the water should be very safe to drink, provided your tarp is clean.

joined Jun 6, 2021

You don't need impure water; you need water, impure or not.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Watersports

To reply you must either login or sign up.