Forum › Chasing Spica discussion

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

What a nasty piece of work this Reiko is.

Screen%20shot%202020-07-16%20at%209.34.01%20pm
joined Mar 25, 2020

ok.

Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

I hope this is Citrus but with actually good writing and without the dark haired girl becoming a total softie.

30_magikarp
joined Feb 21, 2021

Reiko comes off as a massive hypocrite, arrogant, and a jerk. Unless there's more to her than meets the eye then I would be rooting for the MC to either just end up alone or with someone else.

Img_20181018_225149
joined Jul 20, 2018

I feel like same vibes as Citrus.

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

More like Failed Blackmail or (Not) Blackmail?

last edited at Jun 22, 2021 12:26PM

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

Wow, that was too easy, she had so much confident that could repeal a blackmail but i also think that will be easy give an excuse saying that lady was her familiar or something.
But wow, take the yuri consort very naturally

Senkomaid_pinkbg_160
joined Jun 4, 2018

Do it, MC. Give the photo of her entering a love hotel with another girl to the school. She won't give up first place? She might not even be at that school anymore to take the test.

Don't fall for that hypocrite. Reiko rubs me the wrong way.

last edited at Jun 22, 2021 6:17PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

this forum: "oh noes something morally questionable is happening in my mango, call the... the police! the... the fire brigade! the... the salvation army!"
also this forum: "oh noes the putative victim called bullshit on it and walked out, the bitch needs to SUFFER!"

Now excuse me while I go find my eyes, I think they rolled under the bed.

joined Aug 16, 2014

Nice strawman there, love.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

I think the author read Citrus and thought to themselves: "I could do better!"

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I hope they start resolving their issues soon so the third girl can come along. I swear I thought this was a Strawberry Panic! doujin when I saw it.

last edited at Jun 22, 2021 10:03PM

20200827_004119
joined Jan 3, 2017

I hope gyaru girl get on top of black haired girl *wink. No seriously tho, I don't like that black haired girl....

last edited at Jun 23, 2021 1:19AM

joined May 9, 2021

this forum: "oh noes something morally questionable is happening in my mango, call the... the police! the... the fire brigade! the... the salvation army!"
also this forum: "oh noes the putative victim called bullshit on it and walked out, the bitch needs to SUFFER!"

well the "victim" in this case is just a massive hypocritical ass from what we see so far tbf. The gyaru did the wrong thing here, but reporting the morals committee president to the school for compensated dating would be very entertaining, so thats what im hoping for. Besides, I hate "ohohohoho im perfect in every way and am also a narcissistic dickhead" type characters.

last edited at Jun 23, 2021 1:26AM

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Why is every new Yuri so edgy? That's fine if that's what you're into, but there's been such a drought of nice wholesome romances. I guess the arts pretty good though.

Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl?

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Bets on the two side characters hooking up?

joined Aug 28, 2016

I want to see someone actually release the pics for once, but it won't happen.

It happened in Netsuzou Trap, although the fallout from it ended up being pretty mild compared to, well, everything else that happened in that series.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

You: "Bitches and moans no matter how people react."

last edited at Jun 23, 2021 7:00AM

Tmp_11996-nanofate-3-11937795520
joined Dec 6, 2013

It's gucci I'm liking this o///o

Image_2022-10-30_015926894
joined Jun 3, 2021

I think the author read Citrus and thought to themselves: "I could do better!"

This is exactly what I thought, haha. That start makes it impossible not to think of that… piece of work…

I’m really excited to see what this series turns into! The art is spectacular and the characters are pretty interesting so far! Serina isn’t just some sass-ridden, dumb blonde gyaru and I’ve always wondered about the potential of Mei from C*trus if her storyline explored her character a tiiiny bit more.

Thank you for uploading!

Veloce1
joined Dec 17, 2017

Did I read the same same thing as most of you did?
How is the moral comitee member a horrible, arrogant person when she's just doing her job? And she literally just explained the problem and since the mc wasn't being compliant, she told her to deal with, you know, the ones in charge of the rules in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the uniform rules they got going on in Japan are good. It's an absolute shitshow of an oppressive system. We barely know Reiko's character and she's shown not to be very preoccupied with anyone's crap? Like, yeah sure, compensated dating is bad but the mc had some gall to do blackmail in the first place, and was pretty bad at it. She didn't commit completely and Reiko called her bullshit, basically establishing that she's not taking anyone's shit and sealing it with a simple manoeuvre of intimidation.

And who's to say Reiko isn't as deserving of that 1rst place to begin with? These types of people are pretty much workaholics without any life outside their commitment to their goals. We don't know why she's doing the compensated dating. Maybe she needs the money to escape her shitty family; maybe she just simply uses sex as an escape to her shitty monotonous life because she doesn't know how to deal with this in a healthy way.

I like these two characters. They're a subversion of their usual tropes - a gyaru who has great grades and a public morals committee member who engages in some... Dubious activities outside school.

last edited at Jun 23, 2021 11:35AM

joined Aug 16, 2014

You just answered your question. Whatever her reasons, I doubt whatever she is doing at night would be approved by the school's public morals. And yet, she's still rude and inflexible in her own enforcement of such rules: they're good for the others, but not for her. The fact she's also established to be some rich kid who doesn't even need to work just adds insult to injury, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised that in Japan, like the rest of the world, rules don't apply to rich people as they do to us, mere mortals.

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

You just answered your question. Whatever her reasons, I doubt whatever she is doing at night would be approved by the school's public morals. And yet, she's still rude and inflexible in her own enforcement of such rules: they're good for the others, but not for her. The fact she's also established to be some rich kid who doesn't even need to work just adds insult to injury, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised that in Japan, like the rest of the world, rules don't apply to rich people as they do to us, mere mortals.

Ngl, you kind of sound angrier that Reiko is supposed to be a rich kid with a bad attitude, and is using her bad attitude as a justification for shitting on her as being rich more than anything else. Is she super arrogant, yes. But is it misplaced, not exactly, she did still earn that #1 spot with all her extracurriculars going on. Her attitude needs to be toned down that’s all and needs to humble enough to recognized as confident rather than arrogant. Not to mention you make it sound as if being “the rich kid that doesn’t even have to work” she isn’t allowed to have her own problems, and we only know that “fact” through rumors so it might not even true at all or her family’s business is actually going under. I’d also like to point out when you mention about Reiko being inflexible with the rules, in that same scene we see Reiko lecturing Serina about the school rules, Serina is also being a complete dumbass and just as inflexible too because like Reiko points out if it’s so hot why is she wearing a cardigan in the first place, taking off that cardigan would do more to cool her off than raising her skirt, but she didn’t even have a good reason in the first place. For all we know Serina probably did that on purpose and those are just finding ways to always butt heads like that to get on each other’s nerves.

I mean but if you want to keep shitting on Reiko for those reasons, I can shit on Serina for being dumb and naive enough thinking she deserves #1 to resort to getting it through blackmail just because she’s in a tight situation, when Reiko who’s juggling several different kinds of priorities and extracurricular is able to earn that spot on her own. Whether or not Reiko is rich, it doesn’t mean she’s undeserving of #1 if she worked hard for it, why should she have to back down from the spot she earned because someone decides to guilt trip her or blackmail her. Both these characters are dumb, not to mention both are unlikeable to a certain extent. It’s just that people know more about Serina’s issues and finds her relatable enough so she gets the sympathy vote since we don’t know enough about Reiko or her deal yet, and from the looks of it, people don’t seem to really care to know because they’ve already up their mind about Reiko without hearing her side of the story or even knowing who she is.

joined Aug 16, 2014

Not sure what your point with comparing the two is, but I never once said a single word about nor defended MC (furthermore, you're entitled to "shit on her" for whatever reasons you see fit); I never said Reiko didn't deserve to be at the top of the class either.
What I literally said -- and the thing that rubs me the wrong way -- was that she enforces rules that she herself don't seem to follow. She (probably) chose to defend and enforce public morals, and yet I doubt any other person enforcing public morals would approve Reiko's own "extracurriculars" -- whatever they may be.

last edited at Jun 23, 2021 4:49PM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Interesting

To reply you must either login or sign up.