Forum › Posts by Ravenner

Veloce1
joined Dec 17, 2017

woooo, no vampire yuri!!! my favorite!!!

oh yeah and im pretty sure paderapollo was one of the artists for that insanely poggers 3p yuri anthology. so im especially hype for the homosexual blood succing

What is it called? It doesn't seem to be here on dynasty

last edited at Sep 4, 2023 6:13PM

Veloce1
joined Dec 17, 2017

I have to agree with the somewhat odd ending. Them living together made a bit more sense? Like, it would've made sense if one of them was autistic and need their own space, but I didn't get that vibe from any of them, so why? Like, I know this. I've been there, wanting to be with someone but feeling suffocated by the idea of "typical romance". And now I understand it much better (guess what? its also a spectrum and language is lacking to describe it) and I want nothing more than to live with the people that make me happy. Where's the cuddling? The hand holding?? The gentile touches and non-verbal affections that come with this type of love??? To the point where I'm brought to question if the author is a-spec or drew from the experience of others (form reading them online).

It felt rather lacking, like there was a lot that was just straight up missing - like where is Rio now and how she's doing.
Stories can be realistic and still have a wrapped-up ending. They just should give a satisfiying ending to the reader so that there can be a sense of closure and not left on an unending limbo. That's why I'm a fan of semi-open endings, where there's closure (i.e. an ending to that chapter of a character's life) but still leaves some unresolved threads, which will in turn allow the writer (or a fan-writer) to pick them up and continue later if they so please.

That said, what an amazing manga this was. So, so, incredibly special and I will holdy close to my little aro-spec ace heart. I had some manly tears escape because I had never felt so seen by a manga. Man

Veloce1
joined Dec 17, 2017

Is it possible to be Asexual but still wanna seggs your gf? Or maybe they just haven't found the thing that actually makes her 'tick' if that makes sense. Regardless, it's always nice seeing a couple that really and truly love each other

Yes. You can be asexual and want to have sex for many reasons. A good reason is intimacy. Asexuality just means you don't find anyone sexually atractive. You can still have libido and want sexual pleasure; you just don't get turned on by people's bodies (this is a somewhat simplified explanation).

This chapter bothers me and I don't know why? Maybe its the way they write it off as "its just how it is". Feels weird to me, even as an asexual, lol. It's like it's set up to be explored later. I hope it is.

Ravenner
Veloce1
joined Dec 17, 2017

Did I read the same same thing as most of you did?
How is the moral comitee member a horrible, arrogant person when she's just doing her job? And she literally just explained the problem and since the mc wasn't being compliant, she told her to deal with, you know, the ones in charge of the rules in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the uniform rules they got going on in Japan are good. It's an absolute shitshow of an oppressive system. We barely know Reiko's character and she's shown not to be very preoccupied with anyone's crap? Like, yeah sure, compensated dating is bad but the mc had some gall to do blackmail in the first place, and was pretty bad at it. She didn't commit completely and Reiko called her bullshit, basically establishing that she's not taking anyone's shit and sealing it with a simple manoeuvre of intimidation.

And who's to say Reiko isn't as deserving of that 1rst place to begin with? These types of people are pretty much workaholics without any life outside their commitment to their goals. We don't know why she's doing the compensated dating. Maybe she needs the money to escape her shitty family; maybe she just simply uses sex as an escape to her shitty monotonous life because she doesn't know how to deal with this in a healthy way.

I like these two characters. They're a subversion of their usual tropes - a gyaru who has great grades and a public morals committee member who engages in some... Dubious activities outside school.

last edited at Jun 23, 2021 11:35AM

Ravenner
Image Comments 23 Jun 10:28
Veloce1
joined Dec 17, 2017
E2e4cfvvgaao4fn-orig

SIM

Ravenner
Veloce1
joined Dec 17, 2017

If it isn't too forward, might I ask if you're an ace of spades or an ace of hearts? Just curious is all.

Ace of clubs, actually. Gray-romantic, to be specific.

Ravenner
Veloce1
joined Dec 17, 2017

Yeah dunno why people get all frisky about polyamory and whether people accept it or not. Technically it's been sanctioned by society for a very long time. Mormons practiced polygamy for a long time until they were forced not to. I'm actually not entirely sure why it's not more widely accepted other than the roots of treating women like property.

I'd argue that is because men have always been seen as superior and women as property. It's easier for men to have multiple wives and other men are seen as competition. If they were to "share" a woman with other men, then they would definitely be called cucks.

Personally I am all for the idea IRL, but it does have its problems practically. For example, there may be instances where two people like each other a lot and then also you, but not as much as each other. So that can make you feel kind of jealous and lonely I imagine. Poly probably works best with at least one person being asexual, or not very attached to romantic feelings. Or sometimes the third person comes in, and then suddenly the person you like a lot likes someone else a lot more.

Jealousy works differently for polyamorous people. When you're in a committed relationship, there is no "liking someone more" because you care equally about the people you're with. Funny thing also, when polyamorous people see their partners together (or with their metamours), they experience the opposite of jealousy - it's called compersion. It's a sort of happy feeling where you feel loved.

Sincerely, a bi polyamorous asexual.

last edited at Mar 11, 2021 7:21PM

Veloce1
joined Dec 17, 2017

Is it just me or is dynasty severely lacking in symphogear content?

Ravenner
Veloce1
joined Dec 17, 2017

Man, that's some weird way to go about it. What if it's just lesbians who contract catulus syndrome more often than others? It feels oddly close to "being gay is a disease". But I suppose catulus isn't as much a disease as just a thing that makes people a bit different.

Ravenner
Image Comments 22 Apr 20:09
Veloce1
joined Dec 17, 2017
68038933_p0

@HazmatChiefAlsimi Curiously, being in love was considered a disease in ancient greece

Ravenner
Veloce1
joined Dec 17, 2017

I somehow found translated chapters up to (I think, they're not numbered) 32 in Thai (Which I can't read, and also found some raws, which again, I can't read).

And well... I couldn't resist.

If you were thinking that there were some bold moves, oh boy, you're in for a ride. Also this isn't the end of the formula, it's gonna get mixed up in various ways and they do have some development in their relationship. (From what I can tell from the images)

Ravenner
Veloce1
joined Dec 17, 2017

Lots of hugging

Ravenner
Where you from?~ 13 May 13:21
Veloce1
joined Dec 17, 2017

Boas pessoal, I'm from Portugal