Forum › Chasing Spica discussion

joined Oct 27, 2018

Why is every new Yuri so edgy? That's fine if that's what you're into, but there's been such a drought of nice wholesome romances. I guess the arts pretty good though.

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

Why is every new Yuri so edgy? That's fine if that's what you're into, but there's been such a drought of nice wholesome romances. I guess the arts pretty good though.

I'm not sure where this drought you're talking about comes from, I couldn't tell there was such a drought in the first place.

This is an interesting start, I like that the blackmail bit was turned on Serina. I was expecting other things from the tag, so it's a nice surprise to see that Reiko's got more bite than bark.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

I'm not sure where this drought you're talking about comes from, I couldn't tell there was such a drought in the first place.

This is an interesting start, I like that the blackmail bit was turned on Serina. I was expecting other things from the tag, so it's a nice surprise to see that Reiko's got more bite than bark.

I'm just glad that nobody was assaulted. That was actually refreshing!

dontaskwhyplease
Bgwhite
joined Nov 15, 2020

oh? this looks interesting

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Huh, I'm not sure where this going. Colour me intrigued

Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

"Edgy" you mean dramatic?
Unless I'm misunderstanding here Yuri has always been a drama.

It's the newer one that tends to have wholesome romance.

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

I'm just glad that nobody was assaulted. That was actually refreshing!

It was wasnt it.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Yes please, I'm interested in reading more of this. The forum will surely be fun as well.
That credits page tho... I'm sure they really were just being super friends there.

last edited at Jun 21, 2021 9:36PM

UnappropriatedFox
Screenshot_3
joined Jun 11, 2021

[Speech 45/50] Blackmail Check Failed

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

So far it's not THAT edgy, and the black mail attempt...failed...successfully? Seems she's now interested in learning something unrelated to her grades heh

Screenshot_726
joined Dec 2, 2017

You call this edgy? lol. This is the usual yuri drama between the Gyaru and the Council member, not even a bit edgy.

Seems ok but I don't have that much expectatives about this one, I was kinda expecting more from the blackmail part. I'm going to follow it anyway.

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

I thought she was gonna punch her...

last edited at Jun 21, 2021 9:55PM

joined Sep 4, 2016

See that's how an alpha Stacy deals with blackmail. I wish that happened more often in manga where the person getting blackmailed says "go ahead, I don't give a fuck", rather than the typical, "oh no, I guess I better do whatever my blackmailer wants, including cucking my lover, just cause."

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

I really don't like Mary Sue characters esp the one who's full of themselves, so I hope she gets put in place by the Gyaru.

Img_1857
joined Apr 4, 2021

So she wants to be #1 to keep the scholarship and stay at the school? I mean, that’s fine justification imo, even if the blackmailing was kinda yikes. Ngl I kinda feel bad for her... I find Reiko’s character pretty awful (she seems pretty narcissistic, petty, and a bit of a pervert) so while I hope the two work things out (like a win-win), I would be pretty upset if it was a win-lose, with Serina losing out.

last edited at Jun 21, 2021 10:47PM

joined Mar 28, 2021

Totally not me and my friends calling this citrus 2.0 when we saw the raws and this translation lmao

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

You know if she had just framed it differently and mentioned that she needed to get first for her scholarship to continue attending school I feel like all this stuff could have been avoided, but now whats gonna happen is she studies really hard, loses, breaks down crying about having to leave school in front of Reiko and then gets told by Reiko "I'll pay for your schooling if you do these requests for me" and then we have a slightly edgier version of Can't Defy the Lonely Girl.

Also Reiko seems like she was written by someone who really likes the "possessive and overbearing ceo" trope. Between this series and "My Girlfriend isn't here Today" it seems like there's gonna be a heaping serving of unhealthy edgy angsty yuri series coming out. I don't know if I'll really stick to either series, we'll see how they turn out...

I wish authors would stop setting their dark and sexual romance series in high school. Would it really kill you to let college students who are 20+ have messy sex lives and romances rather than 16 year olds?

joined Sep 27, 2017

Seems ok but I don't have that much expectatives about this one, I was kinda expecting more from the blackmail part. I'm going to follow it anyway.

My response to this was already made in a following comment haha

See that's how an alpha Stacy deals with blackmail. I wish that happened more often in manga where the person getting blackmailed says "go ahead, I don't give a fuck", rather than the typical, "oh no, I guess I better do whatever my blackmailer wants, including cucking my lover, just cause."

This is honestly the main reason why I want to continue reading this. In my experience it's very common to have the blackmailer win instantly, especially in hentai/doujins. Often with really stupid blackmail that shouldn't even work in the first place, but OH NO I HAVE TO LISTEN TO EVERY DEMAND! So I'm always happy when a blackmailer gets shut down instead.

last edited at Jun 21, 2021 11:06PM

youdontknowwho
Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

So they have this and and My Girlfriend Isn't Here Today debuted in the same issue. Interesting.

dontaskwhyplease
Bgwhite
joined Nov 15, 2020

Totally not me and my friends calling this citrus 2.0 when we saw the raws and this translation lmao

do you have the link to the raws?

joined Sep 27, 2017

You know if she had just framed it differently and mentioned that she needed to get first for her scholarship to continue attending school I feel like all this stuff could have been avoided, but now whats gonna happen is she studies really hard, loses, breaks down crying about having to leave school in front of Reiko and then gets told by Reiko "I'll pay for your schooling if you do these requests for me" and then we have a slightly edgier version of Can't Defy the Lonely Girl.

Also Reiko seems like she was written by someone who really likes the "possessive and overbearing ceo" trope. Between this series and "My Girlfriend isn't here Today" it seems like there's gonna be a heaping serving of unhealthy edgy angsty yuri series coming out. I don't know if I'll really stick to either series, we'll see how they turn out...

I wish authors would stop setting their dark and sexual romance series in high school. Would it really kill you to let college students who are 20+ have messy sex lives and romances rather than 16 year olds?

With stylized art media like manga I just file it under the "not real and exists in it's separate reality that has nothing to do with my own reality". It's just fictional characters in their own manga universe doing their own thing, they don't look like real people and their ages aren't real.

Only sharing my perspective here, and I don't want to get into any arguments about it. I know it's a perspective people sometimes disagree with, and that's fine.

So they have this and and My Girlfriend Isn't Here Today debuted in the same issue. Interesting.

Yup the two new controversial series haha

last edited at Jun 21, 2021 11:54PM

Screenshot_726
joined Dec 2, 2017

This is honestly the main reason why I want to continue reading this. In my experience it's very common to have the blackmailer win instantly, especially in hentai/doujins. Often with really stupid blackmail that shouldn't even work in the first place, but OH NO I HAVE TO LISTEN TO EVERY DEMAND! So I'm always happy when a blackmailer gets shut down instead.

Yeah, it's nice that the situation turned and didn't follow the usual, but i think the blackmail part could have been done better without making the black haired girl a perfect person. Normally in a oneshot this is normal since there's so little time and you just rush with the characters, but for a full manga i was kinda expecting more personality from her than just "stfu i don't care and now I make you feel gay panic". I understand that this is going to be builded in the story, but for a first chapter it could be better.

Don't mind me, in the end I'm going to read this fully anyway.

youdontknowwho
Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

Assuming you want to read ahead, this is a brand new series with only one chapter at the moment.

Yup the two new controversial series haha

They will fill up the slot of A Detached Relationship nicely. That said, I doubt either of them will be more extreme than The Filthy You is the Cutest.

last edited at Jun 21, 2021 11:21PM

joined Sep 27, 2017

Yeah, it's nice that the situation turned and didn't follow the usual, but i think the blackmail part could have been done better without making the black haired girl a perfect person. Normally in a oneshot this is normal since there's so little time and you just rush with the characters, but for a full manga i was kinda expecting more personality from her than just "stfu i don't care and now I make you feel gay panic". I understand that this is going to be builded in the story, but for a first chapter it could be better.

Don't mind me, in the end I'm going to read this fully anyway.

Well fair enough, hopefully the characters are expanded on in interesting ways as the series progresses. I hope it doesn't get too edgy, but well things often escalate so I guess we'll see heh

joined Mar 28, 2021

Not exactly the "japanese link" but I've read it on an FB page

last edited at Jun 21, 2021 11:41PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.