Forum › Secret discussion

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Well, it wouldn't be Sal Jiang if you didn't go "Yikes!" at least once.
All things considered, not a bad oneshot at all.

#accurate

Yup in standard Sal Jiang fashion, characters that snap easily and take extreme actions.

last edited at Jun 13, 2021 11:35PM

georgeoswalddannyson
joined Aug 21, 2019

I love yanderes and extremely fucked up relationship dynamics, but that twist was really shitty

Tumblr_inline_nhvrix3pa41suuiq8
joined Feb 16, 2018

felt lazy, sal jiang is usually much better at selling this kind of story

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

"I'm ok with you as a woman" (yay!) "I'm ok with you locking me up and not letting me leave!" (No!!!!)

What a rollercoaster

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Ehhh not really feeling the kidnapping, felt really abrupt since we weren't really shown the protagonist had such deep issues with themselves beforehand. Was pretty cute without that though.

But why does it always have to be "I don't love [gender], I love you". It feels like authors are downplaying homosexuality every time lines like these come out, like you can't simply be gay, it has to be because there's this special someone and that's why you're attracted to someone of the same gender. Yeah I know, probably reading too deep into it, I've just gotten kind of tired of seeing the trope everywhere.

You can always try to read it from the People Arent Boxes angle

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I have not felt "dont end there" as strongly in a while

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

damn mixed feelings about this, kidnapping from nowhere?

well at least shes into it

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

I can understand why she felt compelled to do what she did, but still...Yikes

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

Is it weird to feel relieved that Sal's characters are as Toxic as ever? Purely whoesome works from her (that are longer than 10-15 pages) make me feel like something's gonna stab me in my sleep

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

If it's you, it's okay. (not like I like women, or anything)

What a cope out.

Though, it's rare to see a female crossdressing character that tries to pass as a guy. So it's a plus in my book.

I need more stories about FtMs.

last edited at Jun 14, 2021 7:52AM

Yeah
joined Apr 14, 2021

finally, found another yuri with cross dressing after so long. i love the story!!!!

joined Mar 30, 2021

It's so Sal Jiang's style. The couple becomes a "yikes" eventually. Although, I also miss their past stories being just romance. But it's a good move for Sal Jiang to make it something different than the typical. They're making their own style. Art style's still good!

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

"i won't be doing anything that makes you uncomfortable"
"you're not free to leave this house, foverer"

YIKES SO CREEPY

last edited at Jun 14, 2021 10:06AM

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

I'll just add my "YIKES" to the pile.

While I can see "Akira's" desperation to keep connect with another person, there's no excuse for kidnapping. Misaki also has issues, as she is totally unused to compliments. Perhaps she had sheltered life.

So, while I'm glad, things didn't get violent, they could have achieved the same result with the two sitting down and talking things out.

joined May 24, 2015

The only ever Sal Jiang oneshot I enjoyed was the one with the Big Girl and OL, so that momentary sanity lapse was a bit jarring.
Also, agreed: Misaki is a little ball of happiness and Akari or whatever her name is doesn't deserve her whatsoever. Girl needs a psychotherapist at least, or an insane asylum at worst.

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I should have expected something like this, silly me for thinking they could have a healthy relationship

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I have not felt "don't end there" as strongly in a while

Same here. They are such a great couple, one doesn't want the story to stop. Akira's despair when she realized she had been found out was so mindblowing she went silly for a while ("I won't let you leave ever!" yeah right, Akira, what a perfect kidnapping, there's only a fuckton of witnesses that saw the two of you together, and you never took her cellphone) and Misaki is so crazy in love with Akira as a person that she doesn't care about stupid details like gender. These two are so much in love they make the love-o-meter go dokan. ( ͡♥ ͜ʖ ͡♥)

Screenshot_726
joined Dec 2, 2017

I wasn't expecting that Yandere part at the end, but it was veary cute and good overall. Hope she can accept herself more now that there's someone who loves her for who she is.

joined May 29, 2019

why are the doors like that though

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

why are the doors like that though

You don't replace your doors with ones made for kidnapping? Here I thought it was all the rage :P

Av
joined Jun 7, 2013

Imagine if they were both yandere.. Oof.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Didn't like being controlled, so built a house and mentality to control. Gross. Could have been a story of love and acceptance.

Dashing
joined Nov 19, 2018

I got a tiny fraction of Fata Morgana VN vibe reading this

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

I feel like this maybe could have benefited from being a series, or at least a two-shot. The kidnapping just felt really sudden, but I can at least imagine the emotional pressures she must have been feeling to lead her to such drastic measures. With more time to actually flesh those details out, the author could have maybe made things develop more smoothly.

Nyoron
joined Apr 30, 2020

I like the premise, and agree that making this into a series (even if it's short) would be nice to see. That sudden kidnapping was pretty drastic. Also, the way the ending cuts off like that is a bit tilting.

To reply you must either login or sign up.