Forum › Secret discussion

joined Oct 11, 2019

That's a yikes from me. Thank you to the translator though, I appreciate the hard work

last edited at Jun 13, 2021 7:31PM

OmegaBlue0231
joined Jan 11, 2018

Man that was going places and then, major oofs.

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

I feel like this would be less spooky if Akira spoke hypothetically. Misaki is a blob of cute though.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Uhhhh coulda had the same outcome without the yandere twist at the end, but overall wasn't bad

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

A surprisingly happy ending. Neato

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

Ehhh not really feeling the kidnapping, felt really abrupt since we weren't really shown the protagonist had such deep issues with themselves beforehand. Was pretty cute without that though.

But why does it always have to be "I don't love [gender], I love you". It feels like authors are downplaying homosexuality every time lines like these come out, like you can't simply be gay, it has to be because there's this special someone and that's why you're attracted to someone of the same gender. Yeah I know, probably reading too deep into it, I've just gotten kind of tired of seeing the trope everywhere.

last edited at Jun 13, 2021 8:00PM

30_magikarp
joined Feb 21, 2021

The minute she revealed that she was willing to lock Misaki up in the house is when she should have hightailed it out of there. It's not her fault that Akira wasn't being honest with who she was from the beginning. But of course MIsaki "loves" her anyway and was even willing to be locked up. Yeesh

last edited at Jun 13, 2021 8:07PM

Smol%20profilepic
joined Nov 3, 2020

Well, it wouldn't be Sal Jiang if you didn't go "Yikes!" at least once.
All things considered, not a bad oneshot at all.

63515893-13a8-47bc-ac30-925c9c72c86e
joined Mar 1, 2018

So...what was her real name?? I want to know!

%e2%80%8f%e2%80%8f3b41c630da1d5f54055c73f6c5e80f31%20-%20%d9%86%d8%b3%d8%ae%d8%a9
joined May 24, 2020

So...what was her real name?? I want to know!

I'll go with "Akari" haha. I thought that was her real name actually and just twisted it to be "Akira"

last edited at Jun 13, 2021 8:47PM

Owo
joined Jun 17, 2018

This was going swell until the yandere part.. well, it was still a good read tho.

joined Jun 6, 2021

Broken moral compass.

GreenTeaWytch
joined May 18, 2021

Cute! And then HEY WOOF

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

there's some mental problems there, probably from the childhood trauma and such, I just hope they figure that out

joined Mar 11, 2019

What a twist

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

Good tactic, make Akira think you feel the same way then when they let you go home, quit your job, move to another city and change your name. Also you know their real name so report them too lol.

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

Oof

Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

I liked this, I think it's pretty fitting for a character who was born in a highly pretentious/judgemental environment to think they'd be able to live better by pretending to be a gender they're not, and keep up such a pretense to the point of momentary madness/despair.

And while "I'm not into women, I'm into you!" thing is pretty memey, she DID say "I like you, the woman." And there were multiple acknowledgements throughout the story from Misaki that she liked the more femenine aspects of Akira.

About the kidnapping thing, it IS pretty yikes, but also this is a story and everything worked out in the end, and we don't really have to think about the psychological implications of Akira being willing to do that since we won't see more about them as a couple lol

Btw. I'm assuming her real name is probably based on a literary reference, but I don't know much about japanese lit to make an educated guess.

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

Ehhh not really feeling the kidnapping, felt really abrupt since we weren't really shown the protagonist had such deep issues with themselves beforehand. Was pretty cute without that though.

But why does it always have to be "I don't love [gender], I love you". It feels like authors are downplaying homosexuality every time lines like these come out, like you can't simply be gay, it has to be because there's this special someone and that's why you're attracted to someone of the same gender. Yeah I know, probably reading too deep into it, I've just gotten kind of tired of seeing the trope everywhere.

I mean aside from the yandere parts, I think when certain characters say stuff like “I don't love [gender], I love you” I don’t think they’re consider gay or lesbian, but more pan or bi, depending they might be specifically considered, within the lgbt+ terminology, demisexual/romantic. I’m not sure how familiar most writers are with that term tho in Japan. I would actually like to see more pan and/or Demi characters in fiction too, since it’s a rather unrepresented demographic within the lgbtq+ spectrum

Also, I feel like she had a chance to have a relationship with her as a woman if she didn’t go bonkers literally the next day. The way Misaki reacted to Akira before she went to bed pretty much hinted that she was still attracted, but the ending kind of made it feel like she said that to reassert control of the situation so she could escape and probably report it. If by some sort of miracle they’re still together in a sequel, considering how dark and dramatic this ended as, why not make Misaki the crazier one in a sequel in which she’s the one locks Akira to belong only to her, like threatening her with the “I’ll tell the police you tried to kidnap me” kind of shit if she tries to break up with her, cheat on her, or tries to be close to others.

last edited at Jun 13, 2021 10:13PM

Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

I mean aside from the yandere parts, I think when certain characters say stuff like “I don't love [gender], I love you” I don’t think they’re consider gay or lesbian, but more pan or bi, depending they might be specifically considered, within the lgbt+ terminology, demisexual/romantic. I’m not sure how familiar most writers are with that term tho in Japan. I would actually like to see more pan and/or Demi characters in fiction too, since it’s a rather unrepresented demographic within the lgbtq+ spectrum

Yeah, me too. Then again, I am pan, and that part of me wishes "Don't look down on me! Why would I stop liking you because you [are x gender/have x type of genitals]?" was a more common reaction in general.

Tsutako
joined Nov 15, 2018

Well, it wouldn't be Sal Jiang if you didn't go "Yikes!" at least once.
All things considered, not a bad oneshot at all.

#accurate

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

Yeah, me too. Then again, I am pan, and that part of me wishes "Don't look down on me! Why would I stop liking you because you [are x gender/have x type of genitals]?" was a more common reaction in general.

Same actually, I fit more with the Demi spectrum, which is probably why to me saying stuff like that don’t feel like cop outs since I would probably react the same. I think it’s just rather underrepresented in most media which is unfortunate

065c32a8-afc0-4869-9729-938dcd42f014
joined Apr 12, 2021

Same actually, I fit more with the Demi spectrum, which is probably why to me saying stuff like that don’t feel like cop outs since I would probably react the same. I think it’s just rather underrepresented in most media which is unfortunate

Your pfp and name literally describes my life. NicoMaki is life.

last edited at Jun 13, 2021 10:34PM

Img_20210601_105552
joined Jul 27, 2018

Good tactic, make Akira think you feel the same way then when they let you go home, quit your job, move to another city and change your name. Also you know their real name so report them too lol.

True, that was what i thinking too

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

well, at least they compliment each other's crazyness and loneliness at the end, so i guess it is fine?

last edited at Jun 13, 2021 11:08PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.