Forum › Jyoshikou Dakara Safe discussion

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

Crossing my fingers and hoping for the polyamory gods to hear me out just this once.

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

I now officially want Nanase to get Grandpa treatment. She is irredeemable by this point.

joined May 24, 2014

Momo has back!

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Crossing my fingers and hoping for the polyamory gods to hear me out just this once.

I think you should stick to those who had a somewhat poly premise, it's a safer bet.

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Nanase you sleezebag stop sexually harassing your love interest and just confess and do things with consent like you should.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

I really don't get Nanase's thought process. I know she wants to do it with her but she hasn't confessed so obviously nothing is going to happen. Also she went too far, should not have kissed her and oh god what she did before that. Would wish manga would punish characters that do this stuff.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Nanase is a Momosexual.

joined Sep 1, 2017

I really don't get Nanase's thought process. I know she wants to do it with her but she hasn't confessed so obviously nothing is going to happen. Also she went too far, should not have kissed her and oh god what she did before that. Would wish manga would punish characters that do this stuff.

I was hoping Nanase would come to her senses, before she had gone too far, with the rape attempt. I'm weirdly okay with the kiss, though.
Let's face it, manga and anime seem to make light of issues, like sexual harassment, rape, and pedophilia, a lot.

last edited at Jun 5, 2021 5:35PM

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

I was hoping Nanase would come to her senses, before she had gone too far, with the rape attempt. I'm weirdly okay with the kiss, though.
Let's face it, manga and anime seem to make light of issues, like sexual harassment, rape, and pedophilia, a lot.

That last sentence is too true and is probably why I am unphased by what happened and I am not dropping this. I just wish the characters like Nanase would feel more remose and regret it later and maybe try to become a better person that doesn't at best sexually harass their friends in their sleep. That's obviously not going to happen though so I am just going to enjoy Ren and Ginno's relationship and pretend like this chapter never happend.

joined Mar 8, 2020

and the shittiest and last (?) character is here at the end, tho is not like the author even hide her anyway since is the first thing you see when you go to the manga page in comic-fuz (beside that author revealed the 5 characters in twitter when it started too lol)

the serie been going ok because of the other 2 characters, but nanase not changing at all don't help much and the new girl won't help at all with it either, "blackmailing" and trying to take nanase (in an actual ntr way, sort of)

joined Sep 1, 2017

I'm actually a bit surprised that people are so worked up over Nanase's behavior. As I mentioned before, It's par for the course, in manga. When I read it, I rolled my eyes, and sardonically thought "I guess what's a little rape between friends". And I'm pretty sure the author just thought it would be funny.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

That last sentence is too true and is probably why I am unphased by what happened and I am not dropping this. I just wish the characters like Nanase would feel more remose and regret it later and maybe try to become a better person that doesn't at best sexually harass their friends in their sleep. That's obviously not going to happen though so I am just going to enjoy Ren and Ginno's relationship and pretend like this chapter never happend.

It's not just manga and anime but media around the world. Nothing about 50 Shades of Gray is okay and the first movie made 570 million dollars world wide in the box office. That's ignoring the massive book sales and so fourth. There are so many books out there that people aren't even aware of that go into into fantasies that aren't okay in real life. Another example is 365 Days, a polish book trilogy written by a woman that was made into a film, and is slated for two more film sequels. It's something that people argue is an even worse Stockholm Syndrome and sexual abuse fantasy than 50 Shades of Gray. I have less than 0 interest in it, but it's still making money despite the very vocal hate against it, because many people enjoy fucked up fantasies and "jokes".

My main point being is that I often see people that narrow their field of view to pointing the finger at Japan exclusively, when it's hardly just Japan and the entire world has a long, long, history of stories that are full of fucked up fantasies and "jokes". If we're going to have a discussion about media making light of such topics, I think we should include medial globally, not just exclusive to Japan.

Edit: Also if we're talking about fucked up "humor", there's an interesting 2 part Youtube video that brings up how men getting sexually assaulted is one of the most common "jokes" in namely Western media. Even presenting it's self with "gags" about not dropping the soap in children's cartoons like Sponge Bob.

Edit2: Found the videos, Trigger warning for the discussion of rape and sexual of men being played for laughs in media. Part 1 about male perpetrators, and Part 2 about female perpetrators.

last edited at Jun 5, 2021 6:45PM

Miasmaphonia
Majyofin(1)
joined Feb 14, 2021

the serie been going ok because of the other 2 characters

I agree. I don't think I'd mind it if this manga was purely about Ren and Ginno. Or at least, if Nanase is about to do / doing something inappropriate, show how utterly desperate she is, like in the first sleepover chapter (which is by far my favorite Nanase/Momo moment).

And please indulge me, what kind of blackmailing and ntr are we talking about?

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I'm actually a bit surprised that people are so worked up over Nanase's behavior. As I mentioned before, It's par for the course, in manga. When I read it, I rolled my eyes, and sardonically thought "I guess what's a little rape between friends". And I'm pretty sure the author just thought it would be funny.

Personally, her full-on raping Momo would have been too much for me and I'd have probably dropped the series then. Just taking the kiss makes it so that I can be like "eh, manga logic" and be fine with it. I am not really phased by silly manga like these making light of stuff that would be extremely serious in the real world, but even then there is a limit

joined Sep 1, 2017

It's not just manga and anime but media around the world. Nothing about 50 Shades of Gray is okay and the first movie made 570 million dollars world wide in the box office. That's ignoring the massive book sales and so fourth. There are so many books out there that people aren't even aware of that go into into fantasies that aren't okay in real life. Another example is 365 Days, a polish book trilogy written by a woman that was made into a film, and is slated for two more film sequels. It's something that people argue is an even worse Stockholm Syndrome and sexual abuse fantasy than 50 Shades of Gray. I have less than 0 interest in it, but it's still making money despite the very vocal hate against it, because many people enjoy fucked up fantasies.

My main point being is that I often see people that narrow their field of view to pointing the finger at Japan exclusively, when it's hardly just Japan and the entire world has a long, long, history of stories that are full of fucked up fantasies.

You are probably right, but I'm mostly exposed to it in manga, and anime. Plus the issues are so casually handled in manga, and anime. It's like the author just threw in a gag about a girl nearly raping her sleeping friend, before thinking better of it. Like that's hilarious. This series isn't even a shock and awe kind of comedy like Family Guy, or Archer, who whole point is to push the envelope.

joined Sep 27, 2017

You are probably right, but I'm mostly exposed to it in manga, and anime. Plus the issues are so casually handled in manga, and anime. It's like the author just threw in a gag about a girl nearly raping her sleeping friend, before thinking better of it. Like that's hilarious. This series isn't even a shock and awe kind of comedy like Family Guy, or Archer, who whole point is to push the envelope.

I updated my previous comment with more information and thoughts, while you were probably typing your comment. I think a lot of the fucked-humor shows like Family Guy and Archer often handle their topics in a weirdly casual way, despite the shock and awe element you mentioned. Especially since some of the "jokes" are often done over and over, to the point that people become jaded to them. Also bringing up the discussion of the videos I linked, a lot of the "gags" about men being assaulted in Western media are said/done very casually, and it's extremely weird. So I don't think for a minute that it's just Japanese media that does it.

Edit: I haven't seen iCarly myself, but a popular comment on Part 1 of the videos I linked in my previous comment brings up iCarly as an example.

last edited at Jun 5, 2021 7:16PM

joined Sep 1, 2017

I updated my previous comment with more information and thoughts, while you were probably typing your comment. I think a lot of the fucked-humor shows like Family Guy and Archer often handle their topics in a weirdly casual way, despite the shock and awe element you mentioned. Especially since some of the "jokes" are often done over and over, to the point that people become jaded to them. Also bringing up the discussion of the videos I linked, a lot of the "gags" about men being assaulted in Western media are said/done very casually, and it's extremely weird. So I don't think for a minute that it's just Japanese media that does it.

Edit: I haven't seen iCarly myself, but a popular comment on Part 1 of the videos I linked in my previous comment brings up iCarly as an example.

No argument here.. I've been saying for a while, a man beating on woman is a tragedy about abusive monster attacking an helpless woman. A woman beating on a man, comedy gold.
That goes for real life too. I once saw a magazine news show that staged two scenes one where a man was roughly trying to restraining a woman, and one where a woman was straight up beating on the man. Lots of people stepped in to help the woman. No one helped the man. Some women actually stopped and cheered the woman on.

joined Mar 8, 2020

And please indulge me, what kind of blackmailing and ntr are we talking about?

Well is really spoilery but

from chapter 28 and 29, new girl love target is Nanase, so she caught Nanase in harassing mode on Momo in the nurse office, so she use that to make a move on Nanase using blackmailing, then immediately procced to get sexual with Nanase in front of Momo, watching how new girl just touch a naked Nanase all over the place for 10 minutes (skipped, up to reader imagination, thats the sort of ntr, trying to take her forcefully in a sexual way, well i said sort of) until Momo stop her from trying to kiss Nanase and new girl snap, but probably chapter 30 this gonna get brushed off as comedy or some shit

last edited at Jun 12, 2021 9:41PM

joined Sep 27, 2017

No argument here.. I've been saying for a while, a man beating on woman is a tragedy about abusive monster attacking an helpless woman. A woman beating on a man, comedy gold.
That goes for real life too. I once saw a magazine news show that staged two scenes one where a man was roughly trying to restraining a woman, and one where a woman was straight up beating on the man. Lots of people stepped in to help the woman. No one helped the man. Some women actually stopped and cheered the woman on.

Yeah it can unfortunately be very grim.

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

I hate it when sexual harrassment and assault get treated as something that's just a goof, you know, just your regular good ol trying to force someone you desire into something they don't want to do and have no consequences for it kind of goof.
It's not something that's supposed to be cute, hot, or fun, i don't like it, it makes me uncomfortable, but i can maybe understand if it's their way to cope with trauma?? wich is apparently a thing I've heard about, but not if it's just a kink, a fantasy about possibly scaring someone for life. (btw fuck the it's just fiction or it's just a drawing "argument", if you believe that, go sit down on a corner and think about your life choices.)

LionTrainer1
50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

Not comfortable with the almost rape but I'm at least glad that Nanase didn't actually go through with it. Another thing, I don't trust this new girl at all

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

I hate it when sexual harrassment and assault get treated as something that's just a goof, you know, just your regular good ol trying to force someone you desire into something they don't want to do and have no consequences for it kind of goof.
It's not something that's supposed to be cute, hot, or fun, i don't like it, it makes me uncomfortable, but i can maybe understand if it's their way to cope with trauma?? wich is apparently a thing I've heard about, but not if it's just a kink, a fantasy about possibly scaring someone for life. (btw fuck the it's just fiction or it's just a drawing "argument", if you believe that, go sit down on a corner and think about your life choices.)

Cry about it

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

Cry about it

Don't worry I will

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

those poor poor anime girls, this is serious we need to do something someone call the police, the FBI, the power rangers anything.

last edited at Jun 6, 2021 12:42AM

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Bleh, not looking forward to the next few chapters. I've seen a few panels and I already don't like this new girl.

To reply you must either login or sign up.