oh no

oh no

oh no

oh no

oh no

oh no

oh no

oh no

I’m reading all of these in Knuckles’ voice.

last edited at Jun 2, 2021 12:57AM

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Just read this for the first time and it’s pretty fresh for a Morinaga Milk series to be about adult life. Keeping secrets over petty things because you don’t know what you want/how to start the conversation is peak relationship stuff. Learning how to communicate well is tough.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

oh no

oh no

oh no

oh no

oh no

oh no

oh no

oh no

oh no

oh no

oh no

Kinda appropriate, since we have uganda knucles' head as the :ohno: emote for the Dynasty Discord server.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Need drama, or people stop getting interested.

I hate it when characters have struggles or problems that they need to overcome

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Need drama, or people stop getting interested.

I hate it when characters have struggles or problems that they need to overcome

I know—it’s so unrealistic.

Damn this cliffhanger, knowing we won’t get another chapter for another four months ),: well at least Rena isn’t cheating.

joined Apr 28, 2021

I binge read the whole of this today and I'm absolutely in love. I like the art style and I just love how much they love each other. I also appreciate their own internal struggles and it makes the story feel that much more real and enjoyable. It's quite a nice story :)
Cliffhanger on the last chapter though, I look forward to see what will happen with the couple. It seems there are only a few chapters each year though so it's going to be a while...

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

Morinaga's bullshit at full steam. 100% guaranteed in all her manga.

Rarely is Rumiko Takihashi's influence on Morinaga so obvious. This is classic screwball manga technique at work. More than anybody else working in yuri that I'm aware of, Morinaga is really indebted to classic romcom manga tropes. This could basically work as a B-line in Maison Ikkoku and have the same beats and character interactions.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

I know this is some sort of misunderstanding but it would be so funny to me if this manga just ended with Rena cheating after all the trials and tribulations.

too realistic for dynasty

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

I'd punch someone (in roblox) if that was the case.

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

I know this is some sort of misunderstanding but it would be so funny to me if this manga just ended with Rena cheating after all the trials and tribulations.

too realistic for dynasty

Lmaooo true

joined Dec 28, 2016

Stories like this where the author artificially writes characters that can't communicate are so frustrating. And no it's not good story writing, it's lazy. And no, it's not real conflict. It's completely artificial.

joined May 28, 2018

Stories like this where the author artificially writes characters that can't communicate are so frustrating. And no it's not good story writing, it's lazy. And no, it's not real conflict. It's completely artificial.

In this situation, I find it pretty real though? Not everyone is straight forward type who could say whatever they think, especially in this situation. If I were Yuna, I would want to collect enough evidence before confronting Rena about how she lied, because what if she is indeed cheating on Yuna? Asking her right away only make her guarded and it'll be difficult to find out if she is really cheating or not later. Although I'm the hot-tempered type so irl I would confront my partner about the lie right away, but a lot of my friend did that, acting like nothing happened, then investigate it yourself to make sure if they're cheating on you or not, and I don't think it is "bad communicate", in some situation, it's actually a smart move.

last edited at Jun 7, 2021 9:31PM

joined Sep 11, 2019

Troubles always inbound

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

You know what'd solve this dilemma?
They've really got to stop sleeping in different rooms. They need to be together properly.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

In this situation, I find it pretty real though? Not everyone is straight forward type who could say whatever they think, especially in this situation. If I were Yuna, I would want to collect enough evidence before confronting Rena about how she lied, because what if she is indeed cheating on Yuna? Asking her right away only make her guarded and it'll be difficult to find out if she is really cheating or not later. Although I'm the hot-tempered type so irl I would confront my partner about the lie right away, but a lot of my friend did that, acting like nothing happened, then investigate it yourself to make sure if they're cheating on you or not, and I don't think it is "bad communicate", in some situation, it's actually a smart move.

Yeah, we've got some weird takes from people here.
If it was forced drama, I'd be totally on board with "yeah, this is poor storytelling". But as I've been reading this arc, I've been struck by just how realistic this lack of communication and misunderstanding is based on the two personalities involved.
It's like people can't be happy with a real story any more. They only want fluffy happy time and don't care if that means there isn't a sustainable story involved (and paradoxically, what they say they want is the absolute opposite of any kind of realism in a story)

0003_proc
joined Jul 21, 2019

You know what'd solve this dilemma?
They've really got to stop sleeping in different rooms. They need to be together properly.

Sincerely hope that's how this arc is gonna get resolved.

joined Mar 26, 2021

Honestly i wouldn't mind if this misunderstanding last for one or two chapter more, with Yuna trying to find out the truth. Idk how long this manga story is though but would be nice to see updates more frequently

oh no

oh no

oh no

oh no

oh no

oh no

oh no

oh no

oh no

oh no

oh no

what da fak

0003_proc
joined Jul 21, 2019

Honestly i wouldn't mind if this misunderstanding last for one or two chapter more, with Yuna trying to find out the truth. Idk how long this manga story is though but would be nice to see updates more frequently

Well the frequency of the chapters is no one's fault since the magazine this is serialized in comes out every 4 months if I'm not mistaken.

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

Well the frequency of the chapters is no one's fault since the magazine this is serialized in comes out every 4 months if I'm not mistaken.

Galette comes out quarterly, so every three months. I think there's still a chapter or two left untranslated, but it doesn't really matter given the relative infrequency of new chapters getting published.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Galette comes out quarterly, so every three months. I think there's still a chapter or two left untranslated, but it doesn't really matter given the relative infrequency of new chapters getting published.

Oh, I hadn't even realized Galette No. 19 was out. Thanks for the reminder!

0003_proc
joined Jul 21, 2019

The chapter in Galette 19 is listed as 特別編 by the way, does it mean special chapter or something?

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

The chapter in Galette 19 is listed as 特別編 by the way, does it mean special chapter or something?

Yeah. There's a note saying the chapter has been delayed, so they have a short extra instead.

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

It's been so long since the last update that I don't remember anything

To reply you must either login or sign up.