Forum › Girls Who Wanted to Be Chosen discussion

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

Nit: Page 006, bottom right: "you'vre" looks like a typo.

This was nice! …more girls in harems falling for each other please it's very nice

Thanks, it escaped my eyes.

It's corrected now.

joined Apr 11, 2021

Haah. I mean I still like it but I do think instead of SUBTEXT we need more serious stories with more BUTTSEX.

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

Oneshot-that-should-be-a-series strikes again!

Actually, Japanese readers can vote on this to be a series there, by filling up the survey:

https://gammaplus.takeshobo.co.jp/manga/yomikiri/

879e1565-90d1-4400-a7fb-1da72081653d
joined Jan 7, 2020

With all this harping on the Fourth Heroine, I'm surprised no one's mentioned Joou-Sama no Eshi's ending in this thread yet- so I guess I'll do it

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

^ how is that manga overall?

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I wasnt sure about reading this one at first because of the tags, but glad I checked it out. I ended up really enjoying this one! I think we should have more series that focused on members of the harem ending up with each other instead of the male lead. I've always wanted them to date each other instead hahaha

joined Nov 5, 2015

Man don't like seeing men being happy but oh well glad they held hands at the end

Princess_Anime
Illyasvielgay
joined Mar 6, 2021

I think they boned, actually

joined Apr 2, 2021

Ughhh het tag again
Really how to block this tag
I don't understand why some people want this to be yuri.
I don't understand why manga is so popular and recommended on this site

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Even if you put your yuri googles on a low setting, you can see the subtext on the last page.

The seashell key-chains and the hand-holding makes us think that they will find happiness. Together.

They didn't find the seashells. The seashells found them.

Overall, a good oneshot.

We need more harem manga where the male protag is the loser in the end.

Wouldn’t say he’s the loser. I think it’s a happy win-win and I like it a lot.

堕落クレエーターユウー
Img_20210917_024032
joined May 27, 2020

Why have tag harem in this in this one have no moment about that face less boy?

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

Why have tag harem in this in this one have no moment about that face less boy?

While you don't really see the harem playing out, the whole story is the result of a harem and it's what connects the two characters. Seems perfectly fine to have the harem tag imo.

Shigure%20beach
joined Oct 18, 2017

Gay girls in a seemingly straight harem is a flavor of premise rife with potential. Imagine:
-Harem but the guy is suddenly and unexpectedly replaced by a girl (either literally or trans-ly)
-Harem but the clueless male lead doesn't realize that the harem actually belongs to one of the girls
-Harem but all the girls get tired of fighting and just date each other instead

The list goes on...

You have me intrigued, especially the idea about the harem ditching potato-kun to be together as a harem instead.

joined Oct 14, 2020

Story is nice but it feels like they're settling for each other because they couldn't get the dude rather than actually being attracted to one another.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Story is nice but it feels like they're settling for each other because they couldn't get the dude rather than actually being attracted to one another.

I took that as they moved on, not that they settled on each other.

And this "precious memory" is something they share, so it's normal they get closer. And more, why not. Natsumi obviously gets very attached to Mifuyu as the story progresses. Doesn't surprise me as she's the tomboy type.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I dunno about this one, all the dialogue and scenes are devoted to talking about or reminiscing about the dude.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Lessons from manga: never go to the beach by yourself, or someone will think you're going to kill yourself, and will tackle you into the water to save you.

(I think Seagull Villa used this twice, maybe 3 times?)

-Harem but all the girls get tired of fighting and just date each other instead
Actually, it's common in many harem themes that the girls get along and wouldn't mind sharing the dude and fricking with each other. What I actually wish to see is two girls who compete for one dude but later on actually realize they love each other instead more than that dude. I've yet to find such a development in any work. Maybe The Fourth Heroine is a close one.

Korra already got mentioned, that's good. Some Macross Frontier fanfics head that way, with Sheryl and Ranka having more chemistry with each other than either with Alto, who could easily be moderately asexual.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

We need more harem manga where the male protag is the loser in the end.

I wouldn't say he is the loser - he got himself a girl. Just because we never saw her face (because by winning the male protag, she stopped being relevant to the story of the girls in the oneshot), doesn't mean that ending with her is a loss somehow. I'd paraphrase it as "more harem manga where the 'losing' heroines win something else".

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

Yes, WE NEED SEQUEL

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

This doesn't feel unique to me. Just a more wholesome genuine take on the two girls in the harem that are close with eachother trope. Usually harems are just for comedic value and centred around fanservice with the MC so perhaps we don't see it often. The main character or POI, is still the centre of it but it's a different perspective I suppose, perhaps a more realistic one, if you can say that about this kinda thing..

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I’m late to the discussion but for everyone who doubts the subtext/text look at what Mifuyu, and then Natsumi said:

Mifuyu pg15-16: “The most important part is the way he accepts everything about me without denying a single thing”

Natsumi pg30-31: “You don’t need to forget so don’t deny yourself that you fell in love with him”

In Mifuyu’s moment of weakness Natsumi is there to provide the same type of support that Mifuyu said was the most important factor causing her to fall for the dude in the first place.

To reply you must either login or sign up.