Forum › Well Done(,) Pervert discussion

Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

I am happy that prez didn't start shipping them openly earlier.

Now Koiko needs to go to Nika and make up for all the times she made her sad.

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I really appreciate series that this series does not draw out its story forever without any need to do so. Looking forward to the next chapter, overall quite a nice one I think.
And good to see the president shipping them :D

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

...that's an axe I smell isn't it

How is it an axe? Wasn't this series self published on pixiv? The author ended it the way they wanted it to end (I think)

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

...that's an axe I smell isn't it

How is it an axe? Wasn't this series self published on pixiv? The author ended it the way they wanted it to end (I think)

I've said it before, but people are so quick to assume there's an axe every time a series is ending haha

Especially here when a lot of Yuri series are just shorter, mainly because they're just short comics the author does for fun. Plus romance stories often don't need to be very long, and work just fine being short.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

^ normally I get where people are coming from because a lot of them do just end suddenly or you can tell it's super rushed at the end, but for this particular series, I think everything has been paced well and it set out everything it wanted to do. There really isn't anything more to explore besides just showing snippets of their relationship after getting together, but that would just make it become another slice of life (which honestly I'd enjoy a lot). But yeah this was always just a lighthearted story and I think the author never intended it to be anything more than that.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Guhh my Heart... It bleeds

I knew this was coming But i didnt want it to

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

This was the obvious course the manga was going but a part of me is dissatisfied that Koiko's love for the president, the whole starting premise of this manga, was nothing more than an infatuation that she got over lol

Word

joined Jul 21, 2020

Oh shit, I feel like the next chapter will be dramatic. Also, am I the only one who find Nika's pervert sense hilarious?

Yeah I know it's a bit late at this point in the story but I still wanted to contribute something to pay homage to Nika's sidesplittingly funny "pervert sense" which should be a must have to every romcom heroine evar.

joined Sep 27, 2017

^ normally I get where people are coming from because a lot of them do just end suddenly or you can tell it's super rushed at the end, but for this particular series, I think everything has been paced well and it set out everything it wanted to do. There really isn't anything more to explore besides just showing snippets of their relationship after getting together, but that would just make it become another slice of life (which honestly I'd enjoy a lot). But yeah this was always just a lighthearted story and I think the author never intended it to be anything more than that.

I know there are cancellations, and it's a tough industry. I do however think people shouldn't jump so quickly to conclusions. As you said there are plenty of series that end suddenly, the ending feels rushed or simply just not well paced, but I think a decent amount of the time it's because writing an ending to a story is simply hard, for many if not most authors. Getting to the conclusion naturally, and ending on a satisfying note that will please the average audience member. While knowing that it's impossible to make everyone happy. Sometimes authors just want to wrap up the series quickly for personal reasons. There's a lot of reasons why media around the world often has wonky endings to stories, and that's why I think people shouldn't jump to conclusions so quickly haha

Yuri Yuriyuri
Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

"Good thing prez is an airhead"

Prez sliding the uno reverse card out from her sleeve

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

Well done.

(,)

Pervert.

(wait. why does the comma even have brackets?)

I believe it's because the titles has different meanings with and without it.
"Well Done, Pervert" is saying "well done" as in "good job" to the pervert. "Well Done Pervert" is using the term "well done" to describe said pervert. "Well done" being a reference to a way to prepare certain foods is, I think, a reference to the term "cooked" which can mean to be in a dangerous or otherwise bad situation.

but doesn't へんたいよくできました only translate to "Well Done, Pervert" and not "Well Done Pervert"

My guess is that there's probably a double meaning in the original title, and double meanings don't ever translate well, so this was what they came up with. I wouldn't know for sure without asking them.

From what I know,「へんたいよくできました」can be translated as either "Well done, Pervert" or something like "(we) did/do perverted things". Depending on which angle you look at it from, it can go both ways and still make sense in the story's context.

last edited at May 31, 2021 8:48PM

けやき坂46
Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

Uh... I wouldn't call this a natural development though, her time spent fantasizing the prez were longer than the diary blackmail period

joined Jul 26, 2016

Uh... I wouldn't call this a natural development though, her time spent fantasizing the prez were longer than the diary blackmail period

Uh... human emotions don't run on a crude time-versus-time arithmetic IRL, why should they in fiction?

joined Sep 27, 2017

Uh... human emotions don't run on a crude time-versus-time arithmetic IRL, why should they in fiction?

Yeah humans can jump from interest/like/love pretty quickly sometimes.

joined May 24, 2021

Love it! I'm always biased for my Tsunderes and its bearing fruition here. Of course her being a Tsundere expect some hurdles hehe <3

carlosraruto
Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RealityIsUnrealistic

pumpkinmonster
Ea068ec8502133f96ff1a1123008a767
joined Mar 26, 2020

moar chap pweeshhhhhh!!

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

I need the next chapter like right fucking now

MapleLovesYuri
Okay%20magge
joined Mar 5, 2021

kinda feel bad for prez, but at the same time I'm happy for Nika

Honoka-x-maki
joined Aug 23, 2018

i need next chapter pls :)

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

wow. wow. i somehow overlooked this and its amazing.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

wow. wow. i somehow overlooked this and its amazing.

I know, right? JQ told us at the very beginning:

... and didn't lie, this is really the stuff wholesome is made of.

last edited at Jun 8, 2021 10:45AM

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

Wholesome/10

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well done.

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/well_done_pervert_ch09#6

Don't try and blame dumb

Shouldn't it be:

Don't try to play dumb

?

To reply you must either login or sign up.