Forum › Looking Up to Magical Girls discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

deltahalo241 posted:

So will we get any more of this manga, seeing as it's been licensed?

People of /u/ already said they will keep on translating and Dynasty said they will keep on hosting that translation.

Short of a request from the U.S. licensor for a takedown, it will keep on coming here.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

HolyShiz posted:

DAMMIT THATS ONE HELLA SEXY SCENE. Kiwi hair down is da best.
Harem route is best :DD. Is sulfur the next one to get dominated lmao.

I think Sulfur is close from going to the dark side and Venalita noticed it. She's a violent one and is closer from a villain than the two others.

I think she plans on turning Sulfur traitor, or at least render her useless for the good side (with tentacles?)

As for that "almost-sex" scene, I found it was a bit sad, because Kiwi's feeling are probably unrequited. Utena loves her, but not in a romantic way.

last edited at May 24, 2021 4:00AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

This series needs the tag “based” like right fuckin’ now!

Word.

As for that "almost-sex" scene, I found it was a bit sad, because Kiwi's feeling are probably unrequited. Utena loves her, but not in a romantic way.

For once, I agree with your assessment. Utena cares a lot about Kiwi, but doesn't feel attracted to her in that primeval, physical sense like she does with Azul. That's why she is all crawled-up in a ball here: her mind knows she is about to have sex but her body just says no. It's decisively not fair for Kiwi, but there is not much she can do about Utena's subconscious.

That said, I do think that Kiwi was about to turn the mood around and to get some physical response from Utena right before her trauma reared its ugly head and she asked the Question, killing the mood. In fact, I am actually glad that Vena interrupted them: they were definitely not ready mentally -- neither to talk it out, nor to have sex to begin with.

last edited at May 24, 2021 4:55AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The promised hotel is finally built (and then destroyed).

And about as awkward as expected.

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

oof

Yuri Yuriyuri
Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

Gay

LilyScentedBubbleBath
Img_20200913_125333_706
joined Sep 15, 2020

Even though I know it's for the best that they don't do it, my heart is still aching for our girl Kiwi :(

joined Apr 13, 2021

This series based in my book. I absolutely adore all the girls.

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Aw man I was hoping they’d do it so utena and kiwi would actually be a thing. Like that kiwis question would make Utena realise its not just because of the promise or something? Tho I did think it was weird, I figured if utena were to end up with someone it’d be kiwi or no one so for the kiwi relationship to come so soon would be odd. Aww poor kiwi.

What’s up with vena though?

Ltjidvbbiqp71
joined Jul 22, 2018

On page 5, in the chapter description, there's a big fat clue to what happens in it: "It's because we are so close that I can't touch you."

That's a pretty good place to start in looking at what happened in the hotel room.

I don't know what the demon mascot has in mind, but it has every interest in making sure the hearts and minds of the girls stay segregated between their day-to-day identities and their roles as magical girls. Utena isn't Baiser, and the two personae shouldn't bleed into one another. Plus, the team could be shattered if Baiser favored one over the other.

Utena struck me as fundamentally unable to grant Kiwi's wish for passionate love; sometimes the engine just won't start even if you have to go somewhere. One of life's sorrows is finding out that you can't give someone you love the love they want from you, even if you're spiritually ready to give them the world.

last edited at May 24, 2021 11:10AM

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Does still counts as a coock-block when they already did the deed?
Also... they DID the deed, bravo.

Ltjidvbbiqp71
joined Jul 22, 2018

^ Depends on what kind of "deed" they did. I'm not talking about sex, but about the kind of lovemaking Kiwi wants so desperately from Utena.

last edited at May 24, 2021 2:54PM

minagi mikoto
joined Nov 14, 2014

WOW what a chapter! Just when we were all sure Azul is the main one Utena here comes the classic Kiwi being so cute!

I am so glad that it didn't end with just a gag (even though they were rudely interrupted by Vena in the end), but it sure feels like they relationship developed quite a bit.

Also for some reason Vena at https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/looking_up_to_magical_girls_ch25#13 really makes me laugh xD

joined Jul 26, 2016

Also for some reason Vena at https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/looking_up_to_magical_girls_ch25#13 really makes me laugh xD

Say what else you will about that muppet but it definitely has a sense of humor

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

^ Depends on what kind of "deed" they did. I'm not talking about sex, but about the kind of lovemaking Kiwi wants so desperately from Utena.

Oh, definitely there was little love there, not 0... but definitely not much.
What I meant was treating sex less "THE Endgame" and more as another (intimate) part of life.

Ltjidvbbiqp71
joined Jul 22, 2018

Oh, definitely there was little love there, not 0... but definitely not much.
What I meant was treating sex less "THE Endgame" and more as another (intimate) part of life.

That makes sense.

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Oh.. this felt hella awkward. I'm not getting that same synergy with Kiwi & Utena as I did with Azul & Utena. ^^;;

I really like Kiwi too and wish her the best but if it don't work, it just don't work.

last edited at May 24, 2021 8:35PM

joined May 30, 2020

I'm jumping on the Utena x Kiwi ship. Also, I did not expect Kiwi to be this cute.

Ltjidvbbiqp71
joined Jul 22, 2018

Because of enormous shipping pain in the past, I no longer care who gets together with whom, but my vote is with Utena/Baiser and Azul the Mighty Masochist.

last edited at May 25, 2021 12:41PM

MapleLovesYuri
Okay%20magge
joined Mar 5, 2021

Because of enormous shipping pain in the past, I no longer care who gets together with who, but my vote is with Utena/Baiser and Azul the Mighty Masochist.

I kinda want a harem end at this point I love Kiwi and Utena to get together but i think the author is planning to develop Azul and Utena's relationship next.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Because of enormous shipping pain in the past, I no longer care who gets together with whom, but my vote is with Utena/Baiser and Azul the Mighty Masochist.

Azul can always be the pet.

I doubt she would mind.

Ltjidvbbiqp71
joined Jul 22, 2018

Azul can always be the pet.

I doubt she would mind.

Could be... It all depends upon how these crazy combinations between different identities play out. Sayo/Azul seems to have a different feeling about the gentle Utena than she does about the wild dominatrix Baiser, not that play would be any different. The two day-to-day girls are much more eye-to-eye. A lot depends on whether Sayo can get Utena to give her another massage.

And it seems to me that the disjointed emotional situation with Utena and Kiwi has something to do with Utena not being Baiser, or maybe the committed Kiwi not being recognizable to Utena/Baiser because she's used to the clingy nut Kiwi.

I also get the feeling that the current roles may shift and even shatter, which would make it insanely hard to retrieve relationships including the fun sex stuff.

But depending on what happens, the "super"/normal combinations between the characters could get weirder and weirder and hopefully funnier all the way.

last edited at May 25, 2021 11:57PM

Cromartie%20highscool
joined Jun 7, 2014

is there a way to get raws?

urbs Uploader
Beloved%2021
joined Oct 10, 2020

Don’t worry about it, I think I’ve got it covered going forward if you’re referring to the note in the credits

Ltjidvbbiqp71
joined Jul 22, 2018

Don’t worry about it, I think I’ve got it covered going forward if you’re referring to the note in the credits

Thanks for your work!

To reply you must either login or sign up.