Forum › The Demon Girl Next Door discussion

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

That's crazy.

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Wow Izumo sensei really had the Bureau of Darkness set up in chapter 1, that’s really impressive! I can’t wait to learn what secrets these back up documents are holding, hopefully they weren’t too rain damaged. Seeing Shamiko revive the Bureau of Darkness is going to be one hell of a ride, and I think that this is when Suika is going to slink back into the picture. Remaking the Bureau of Darkness also means recreating a registry of the remaining dark clan members who haven’t been killed by Suika, and therefore represents the most dangerous endeavor yet. If Suika catches wind of this being developed and somehow gets in, she very well might try to finish the job she started...

On a lighter note, Shamiko’s mom having a “moment of weakness and difficulty as a parent” when Shamiko had never heard of the family registry was hilarious. I really like the fact that Izumo sensei has gone this far on the legal workings of the town and how this seemingly out of nowhere organization is actually the reason that they recieve any form of welfare or educational support. Kinda reminds me of the patchwork of cities across Japan that have limited local registries for queer couples to get access to some legal benefits.

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

Aww, I find it adorable how Momo just seems to want to be as close as can be to Yuuko. Going so far as to move next to her and offer her own home to her and her family.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That's crazy.

You can say that again. And again, and again.

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

Momo using her fallen form when helping Shamiko on the roof is really cute and is probably foreshadowing her eventually joining the family register becoming a vassal.

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

Momo using her fallen form when helping Shamiko on the roof is really cute and is probably foreshadowing her eventually joining the family register becoming a vassal.

It's just her default form, now. Has been for a while.

Time%20to%20go%20home%20and%20shlick
joined Jan 18, 2016

"You can move in Shamiko... oh and uh your family too of course."

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

It's just her default form, now. Has been for a while.

Damn, youre right. In my defence they are pretty much identical (and theres been enough foreshadowing for that anyway).

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

That's crazy.

You can say that again. And again, and again.

Remember this
It seems a Cray bit irrelevant
Some crazy to the face whos seeling it
Ive got Cray Cray thats my medicine
A little passion cant Hurt these crazy men

joined Apr 8, 2021

I just caught up with the latest volume and... anyone else disappointed with it? I'm not really digging the whole Mahou Shoujo Hitler thing. Maybe if that were the direction the comic were going in from now on it would be a weird but possibly interesting tone shift, but as it is I'm getting whiplash from it going to supreme edge and then right back to silly lighthearted comedy. Something that dark lurking beneath the surface is completely out of place with the mood of the comic and really taints the relaxing, whimisical atmosphere of their daily lives. Of course, it's been foreshadowed that something was amiss from the start, but literal genocide is one hell of a doozy to be contending with in a comedy.

last edited at May 27, 2021 11:55PM

joined Sep 13, 2018

I just caught up with the latest volume and... anyone else disappointed with it? I'm not really digging the whole Mahou Shoujo Hitler thing. Maybe if that were the direction the comic were going in from now on it would be a weird but possibly interesting tone shift, but as it is I'm getting whiplash from it going to supreme edge and then right back to silly lighthearted comedy. Something that dark lurking beneath the surface is completely out of place with the mood of the comic and really taints the relaxing, whimisical atmosphere of their daily lives. Of course, it's been foreshadowed that something was amiss from the start, but literal genocide is one hell of a doozy to be contending with in a comedy.

there was always dark stuff in the whole manga since the 1st few chapters
-shami living most of her life in hospitals
-only her town is safe and cheerful , outside demons and magic girls kills each other left and right
-some of the jokes in the anime and the first volumes are about shamiko not knowing common stuff but not because she's dumb , its because she have never seen it before.
-momo wanting to look for her sister who is kinda dead but not.
-the fox was suppose to be a bad girl and she almost rampage at some point in the manga
-damn , even the metako joke stopped being so funny once you know how he ended up like that.
-now the past of momo

joined May 31, 2013

TIL Dynasty Reader accepts gif files.

20230113_090020
joined Nov 25, 2018

This has the best color pages. The backgrounds blend so well with the characters, and even though everyone wears bright colors it never looks tacky.

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

Mother-in-law approved lingerie huh.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Momo sure has an interesting skill there...

Mom gives best advice. :D

And looks like in the end it was Momo who fell for an information product scam instead. :D

Well, then... Prepare for Ludicrous Speed!

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

So Momo included new lingerie for her bbq date with Shamiko huh? (And from Mom's advice lol)

Cornonthekopp
joined Jul 6, 2020

So this means mom approves of Momo’s crush on Shamiko right?

Also is anyone gonna mention the horrifying eldritch Suika page in the recently uploaded toc?

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Umm... well... that just happened.

joined Jul 6, 2020

Gotta say, didn’t expect any of this. A lot happened in this chapter somehow, also where is shamiko’s mom

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

It's kinda hilarious the secret door was simply in a cabinet in the kitchen and Momo never opened it even though she has lived there for years. She probably has opened some, but never bothered opening all of them.

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Shamiko already materializing stuff of legends. Power creep is real I tell you.

Time%20to%20go%20home%20and%20shlick
joined Jan 18, 2016

Things really ramped up there at the end.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

It's kinda hilarious the secret door was simply in a cabinet in the kitchen and Momo never opened it even though she has lived there for years. She probably has opened some, but never bothered opening all of them.

I mean, considering her eating habits, I'd be surprised if she had opened any at all. Maybe Shamiko when she was cooking for her, but definitely not Momo. :P

20230113_090020
joined Nov 25, 2018

This is like an acid trip but in a good way. Even the usual setup - > payoff style works so well here. Had to laugh at the quintuple take. Sadly newer chapters are severely lacking in best girl anri :(

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-1
joined Feb 5, 2021

The way I shouted when I readed the worst news it's... Just wow- That was REALLY unexpected

To reply you must either login or sign up.