Forum › You Are My Soulmate discussion

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Is NTR sequel time!

Untitled
joined Aug 17, 2020

That's a vague ending. How is she gonna suppress urges as strong as that? I have this feeling that I wanna see at the same time I don't wanna see them hurting the president's feelings.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Now I'm kinda curious. What would happen if she actually mated with an alpha? Would she still feel attraction to her soulmate, or would that fade?

It was nice to see her determination to go against her instincts, though it seems like it'd be painful. Honestly, I'm not sure which would make her happier, or whether her resolve will last, but it's brave of her to follow her own will and not simply give in to desire.

Haah... This ending was kind of a slap to the face...

So much so that I almost forgot to comment about this!
The eye behind the hair is visible but the other one is gone lol. Somehow this makes the disappearance of the second eye even funnier.
(Yes, this was what I was planning on coming here for, and then we got that ending...)

last edited at May 19, 2021 10:38AM

joined Sep 11, 2014

Why bother with those last 2 pages? It was a such a sweet story otherwise.

Akari-daisuki
joined Dec 19, 2015

But why tho

30_magikarp
joined Feb 21, 2021

With these kinds of things it's always biology trumps all. She'll maybe try to fight it but of course she can't help it because of hOrMonEs and get with the older sister during her "heat".

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Lol that ending. Too bad we won't get to see the angstfest that ensues. The only answer to this though is poly route!

But honestly though, having her go against her instincts just sound like a bad time overall and I think it'd just be healthier for everyone involved to have the Mc go with the sister in the end and pres can just go find herself a nice beta and forget about all the abo politics lol. What's wrong with dating betas?!

Carmilla%20reading
joined Sep 15, 2015

I love omegaverse. I love Takemiya Jin. But I want to forget this last two pages exist. Thanks for translating the work anyways, I appreciate the efforts

Electric%20(1)
joined Jul 15, 2020

Those last two pages: exist

Me: I pretend I do not see it

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

man that was some plot twist right there I didn't see coming

I feel like the author just wants to mess with us and will not give us a sequel

last edited at May 18, 2021 10:25PM

GreenTeaWytch
joined May 18, 2021

I like that when confronted with her soulmate she was like "lol nope fuck that destiny i'm sticking to my guns and marrying the president"

joined Apr 28, 2019

Let's goooooooo!!

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

Jeez what a way to end something. What's the point of ending with a NTR route opening?

joined Mar 15, 2015

The more problematic aspects of the setting aside, I'm not a fan of two-parter series, especially for a setting like this. They should have taken the time to build up the main characters relationship and do worldbuilding, which would have taken several chapters, at minimum.

Tumblr_inline_nhvrix3pa41suuiq8
joined Feb 16, 2018

I'm very upset that the sweet story of defying set roles has been ruined

I'm very happy at the prospect of angst and temptation in a possible sequel

Takemiya Jin never disappoints.

joined Jul 13, 2014

I really like how Takemiya Jin created her other story but for this one I don't really like how the manga end. It's like a cliffhanger but we know that this will not continue any futher. And this will give you the thought of how will the story progress and how this will truly end.

Damned Jin

Non%20face%20prunus%20girl%20ch%2010%20pg%206
joined Jul 3, 2018

I get that, but me and a lot of the writers I follow who write ABO are AFAB nb people that still identify with the female end of the spectrum in some way. We don't want an AMAB, trans woman experience, because we don't have dicks and we want them. Hell, I read futa, and still read a lot of g!p, because those are also bottom euphoric for me.

While I get being frustrated at trans fetishization in general and also some of the rapey themes that can come in ABO, I'm tired of people saying "writing women with dicks who aren't AMAB trans" equals transphobia. Writing like that basically the only way I've ever seen my ideal gender in media.

I hadn't considered this perspective, which is totally me showing my own arse here. I apologize, I was stuck inside of my own perspective a bit.

However, I did not intend to suggest that "writing women with dicks who aren't AMAB trans" is the issue, although I understand how I left that impression. There's clearly nothing inherently wrong with trans bodies, I'm just unhappy when they're used exclusively as fetish material. A woman with a penis doesn't have to be AMAB trans (no matter how hard I personally might find it not to try to map my own experience onto them), it's more important that they are a fully realized character.

Although I will note that if it's the penis thing (i.e. she doesn't have one), that seems particularly dissonant with actual trans feminine experience. So if that ends up being what "defective" means I'll choose to headcannon Akina as trans masculine, makes much more sense.

Case in point, Akira matches pretty closely to how I feel about my gender, and it frustrates me that "trans masculine" is the only possiblity you could think of to match what the manga says.

I was specifically using "trans feminine" and "trans masculine" here instead of "trans woman" and "trans man" in an attempt to more broadly include nonbinary identities, but I did not meet the mark. Even then my comment is still a bit reductive, I know, but getting things perfect is a bit out of my grasp, still.

Also, it seems like everyone's genitals aren't actually relevant to the manga, which is nice. I apologize for my part in continuing a discussion on that, as though it's okay to talk about other people's parts like this.

Gfkenr4j2k-2
joined Aug 7, 2019

Ah yes, the obligatory inconclusive Takemiya Jin ending. It's been a while old friend.

joined Mar 11, 2019

That's sad as shit

13320157_522707027938643_73759181_n
joined Mar 31, 2018

wait..WAIT WHAT

7a067e9e6fb1c92210174e64e9f1e23d
joined Jun 19, 2013

I hadn't considered this perspective, which is totally me showing my own arse here. I apologize, I was stuck inside of my own perspective a bit.

TBH I think it's not one a lot of people, trans or cis, think about. The gender binary is often rerealized, imo, to include trans people, but enbies just can't fit neatly into it at all. For most people, I'd say this is subconscious, just as subconscious heteronormativity still exists even in very queer people.

However, I did not intend to suggest that "writing women with dicks who aren't AMAB trans" is the issue, although I understand how I left that impression. There's clearly nothing inherently wrong with trans bodies, I'm just unhappy when they're used exclusively as fetish material. A woman with a penis doesn't have to be AMAB trans (no matter how hard I personally might find it not to try to map my own experience onto them), it's more important that they are a fully realized character.

I do get that, ABO etc can still definitely fall into the 1D character fetishization trap. There's definitely even ABO written by wlw that falls into that trap, tho I don't read it.

I was specifically using "trans feminine" and "trans masculine" here instead of "trans woman" and "trans man" in an attempt to more broadly include nonbinary identities, but I did not meet the mark. Even then my comment is still a bit reductive, I know, but getting things perfect is a bit out of my grasp, still.

Also, it seems like everyone's genitals aren't actually relevant to the manga, which is nice. I apologize for my part in continuing a discussion on that, as though it's okay to talk about other people's parts like this.

Honestly, I don't consider myself trans, really, my enbieness feels like its own category (tho many NB people feel their enbieness is trans, ofc). And tbh, it's hard to get the every shifting world of gender completely right, what's important is willingness to learn and update your perceptions.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

I'm just going to point out that the original Alpha,Beta,Omega of wolves is in fact bad science at work.

The gist of it was an experiment in captivity using random adult wolves instead of an actual pack,the original scientist himself has stated that it was wrong,and the reality is the "alphas" are just the two parents,whilst everything underneath are the children,with them occasionally leaving,finding others,and starting their own packs.

There are more details and many more articles one can look up online,so enjoy looking all that up.

In short,ABO is nothing fiction when it comes to actual humans,more so this version for this story,and it's going to be the core aspect for the whole story.

And first five pages of the final part already dumped the core into the gutter.

Good lord,the author tore it to shreds.

Well,back to reading more things.

AWalkingPizza
Gay
joined Jun 13, 2016

BRUH I WJFKWJE U CANT END IT LIKE TJATDVDIKEJD

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2020

That was unexpected...

[SPOILER ALERT]

But something in me trusts the main girl and I honestly believe that she will fight her biological urge, and end up together with the club president :)

I guess I'm kind of an optimist, but I read this story as "love" outweighing "attraction." It's okay that the president is a beta, for to the main character she has a heart of gold, and the main character has become determined, no matter what, to become soul mates with her. It ended on a good note for me, and I think it's empowering and endearing.

joined Sep 4, 2016

Oh this would totally end in an NTR scenario. Hopefully that was the end, as I'd hate to see the President get cucked after having a pretty rough childhood and thinking she finally found a partner who actually loved her.

Normally like Jin's works, but considering the undertones at the end, no thanks on this story line.

To reply you must either login or sign up.