Forum › Persona Karen discussion

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

A large part of the issue people seem to be having is that they don't understand that it's not really a matter of wanting to kill oneself. It's a matter of feeling that nothing is ever going to get better and not wanting to suffer anymore. (For most people at least.) No one really WANTS to kill themselves if things actually got better. But mental instability combined with things never seeming to get better can force people into a situation where they feel that's the only way out.

except suicide bombers .. dying is their goal.

last edited at Dec 8, 2014 11:34PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

They're still doing it for different reasons though.

Is not as much that they want to kill themselves as that they want to deliver a message disregarding any obstacle.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Omg, is this a forum on yuri or what?

For a change of topic I would like to openly drool at the art in this one...
The MC in all her naked glory was gorgeous!

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

except suicide bombers .. dying is their goal.

But dying is not their goal. It's a side effect of their goal which is intended to show their devotion to their cause. Their actual goal is have their views acknowledged and validated.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Agh suicides/attempted suicide stories always make me angry, but I'm not gonna touch the topic any further than that. Looks interesting though. Maybe the other girl has amnesia? Hmm. Not sure about making a business and only hiring those who've attempted suicide/outcasts though. That's kind of weird and impractical. Unless I totally read that part of the chapter wrong

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Agh suicides/attempted suicide stories always make me angry, but I'm not gonna touch the topic any further than that. Looks interesting though. Maybe the other girl has amnesia? Hmm. Not sure about making a business and only hiring those who've attempted suicide/outcasts though. That's kind of weird and impractical. Unless I totally read that part of the chapter wrong

Well, looking at the stats there are quite a lot of suicide survivors in Japan. it's well-known that suicide is a big problem in Japan (although the rate is falling) and currently it's sitting about 21.4 per 100,000 people. That's a lot in a country of over 126 million. But what interests me are the stats for Aokigahara forest, the most common suicide location. Apparently in 2010 there were 247 suicide attempts there, but only 54 were successful for whatever reasons. If that sort of figure holds true elsewhere, I can see Japan being littered with attempted suicide survivors.

Which explains the existence of stories like this and Suicide Island, I suppose. Still not sure how she actually found the scattered outcasts and survivors she uses as staff though.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

the 'business' is obviously prostitution ring.....
and more suicide stories please.

what exactly makes you think that? besides who would give up suicide only to open something that is known for leading to a lot of suicides?

Nobody answered this.
Still waiting on that logic.

Anime
joined Oct 20, 2014

They're still doing it for different reasons though.

Is not as much that they want to kill themselves as that they want to deliver a message disregarding any obstacle.

Are they? XD

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

Another manga by Kurogane Ken! Yes I had a feeling he made something new after I rewatched Shoujo Sect not long ago. You know that weird feeling you get when you unconsciously know something might happen and it happens? Yep, that's what felt.

Coollogo_com_262501472
joined Jul 21, 2014

The art looks similar to Konohana Link yuri series that's pending for continuance.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The art looks similar to Konohana Link yuri series that's pending for continuance.

Is that pending? I thought it got cancelled in Japan.

joined Apr 8, 2013

Finally!!!!! Kurogane I missed you!!!!!!!!!!!

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

omfg the wall of text

joined Jun 20, 2014

Explosive amnesia!

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Have to say that I have no idea what is going on

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The organization they created sounds a bit reminiscent of the free school in series like Cat Street, which operates as a kind of drop-in centre.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Have to say that I have no idea what is going on

Suicide-chan's life was saved by Amnesia-chan because A-chan demanded she give her life away to her for the night. They both spent a long time naked kissing (though no sex actually confirmed...just a lot of naked kissing). S-chan woke up to find A-chan gone with a thank you note.

S-chan then started a mini-business to take in people like her: suicide failures that had no were to return to (you can read each character's description of how they got there in ch2...that's literally half of the chapter).

S-chan finds A-chan stumbling aimlessly one night on the road and takes her in, probably out of a mix of gratitude and care. A-chan however has had amnesia (reason unknown). S-chan kisses her while cleaning her up to try and see if she might remember something.

Suicide-chan = Youko

Kosuzu
joined Nov 11, 2014

I'm not sure I understand what they're selling. They hold seminars about... something?

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

I'm not sure I understand what they're selling. They hold seminars about... something?

sure they aren't selleng themself...
from what i understand, it's like a school's infirmary, but outside of the school, for girls who are bullied, or have other problem (that can lead to a suicide),
the misunderstanding come from the word corporation, i think business is better, but they give assistence, hold meetings, programs like alcoholics anonymous

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

from what i understand, it's like a school's infirmary, but outside of the school, for girls who are bullied, or have other problem (that can lead to a suicide),
the misunderstanding come from the word corporation, i think business is better, but they give assistence, hold meetings, programs like alcoholics anonymous

They do mention that it's a nonprofit organization in this chapter, and that would probably be a much better descriptor than corporation for sure.

Cat10
joined Dec 30, 2014

I think I understand why they're selling it. Persona Karen.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

They do mention that it's a nonprofit organization in this chapter, and that would probably be a much better descriptor than corporation for sure.

To clear things up, if you're a nonprofit organization that is dedicated to helping the needy and you fill out the right paperwork and show the right things, the government will provide for you the appropriate goods necessary. And people are really generous by nature and like to donate. Nonprofit organization would be the best set of words. Business actually seems to go in the wrong direction here...there are no profits and they do not hold stock, so they are not a business. But that's just economics semantics.

There usually requires a certain amount of initial input...you can't roll outta bed and decide to start a nonprofit organization, even with sufficient labor. You usually need to build/rent/buy your own lot and utilities and provide your own nonessentials (the government's way of saying we aren't gonna give you beds and shit for free at first). But that's also a capitalist standard and doesn't even apply all the time here...so I think we should just give 'em the benefit of the doubt and say "Some shit happened" and focus on the story more than the logistics of her org.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

i wanted to use nonprofit infact, but i forgot when i was writing,
my economy professor at university said that non-profit is the future, there's non-profit business: they simply invests all the profits in study and research
@colonalcat: it's true they have help from government, but it changes from place to place, and you can't make it work only with goverment assistance,
it's not that every girl can make something like that, but in manga there are detective teenagers or killer... and we don't know if the MC had some money to start, what they do and offer and if they have some real income.

joined Dec 18, 2014

OMG I read the first chapter ages ago and just realized that it isn't a oneshot. Yay!

Chimekolover
joined Feb 1, 2013

is there even a chapter 3 to this? its been ages since we saw the release of chapter 2.

To reply you must either login or sign up.