Forum › SHY discussion

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

I look forward to Kfufu's de-indoctrination. Grats to Spirits, she's just adopted a side kick. (Maybe.)

last edited at Apr 23, 2021 2:50AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

...so Stardust just somehow took a many-hundred-meter-fall after the dome suddenly vanished from under his feet without issue offscreen. ''Bout what I figured, should probably be grateful the author remembered to check up on him at least.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

...so Stardust just somehow took a many-hundred-meter-fall after the dome suddenly vanished from under his feet without issue offscreen. ''Bout what I figured, should probably be grateful the author remembered to check up on him at least.

Also seems to have walked off multiple stab wounds. Maybe he can just tank the fall... but I'm filing that next to 'ninja powers as the plot demands' for things that could use some explanation.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Also seems to have walked off multiple stab wounds. Maybe he can just tank the fall... but I'm filing that next to 'ninja powers as the plot demands' for things that could use some explanation.

Unless his power kit includes some kind of inertia-dampening field that lady in his arms oughta turned into mush upon the abrupt stop at the bottom, mind you.

I'm filing this under "Miki Bukimi should avoid large ensemble scenes in the future" like a lot of things from the finale of this arc.

joined Jul 22, 2014

Huh no large death toll, boo!

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Welp of course the sister dies. Giving me some slight sliver of hope for a couple chapters there...only to go back to being extremely predictable. Sigh.

last edited at Apr 23, 2021 5:04AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

But hey, on the bright side, this arc is finally ending! :-)

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

I look forward to Kfufu's de-indoctrination. Grats to Spirits, she's just adopted a side kick. (Maybe.)

Looks like the amalareiks die when their indoctrination is broken, so...

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

My impression was that they are all already dead, with the indoctrination keeping parts of them operational in order to advance Stigma's master plan.

joined Jul 26, 2016

My impression was that they are all already dead, with the indoctrination keeping parts of them operational in order to advance Stigma's master plan.

TIL Stigma is Wal-Mart Sauron and the Amalreiks his bargain-bin Nazgul

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

So their souls are too corrupted to go back to life? well... there you have it, most of us saw this coming, but in fact it seems to be less horrible than I imagined, I thought the boss would show up, cut off her head and say something like "your betrayal won't be forgiven" or something.

Stardust not falling to dead is not weird, don't forget that their super powers (of every single one) involves super physical strength and resistance, plus who knows how many gadgets and training, don't think he will just fall straight down like a rock, that would be silly but not important enough to show it.

YOU KNOW WHAT'S REALLY BULLSHIT?! Of everything happening so far since the very beginning, the fact that Kfufu is down off screen! I've been saying it, this is the result of making a character so broken and wild that you can't even put a proper fight so you have to just pretend the 3 took her down, immobilize her and knock her off in a matter of second!! this is the same character who made a giant teddy bear filled with like 500 bombs and won't die if you stab her.

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

GOD DAMNIT

Dynasty-edited-winter-pharm
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 29, 2010

Do you think they're dumb enough to bring Kfufu to their home base?

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Nice to see the lizard got away.

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

Confess!
Since she will leave for good

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Good to see they got Kfufu, but yeah, no matter who Shy fights, they probably won't be alive at the end of their respective arc.

20230106_011143
joined Mar 8, 2018

WHAT???????
HE'S A BIRD?!?!?!?!

Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

sadge

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

WHAT???????
HE'S A BIRD?!?!?!?!

A bird spirit, most likely.

You know, this chapter didn't connect with me... and I think the reason is the promise-payoff incongruence. The initial setup of the manga was a Western-style Superhero with an awkward Japanese heroine, but now over a half of the manga has been spend retreading the familiar Japanese tropes, and the arc ends in the most predictable and, lets face it, bog-standard way for manga. All the pathos lacks any punch if it betrays the previously established expectations.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Yeah, i wondering who this tall woman who look like Shy and was the previous Japan Hero. God, that is probably the least subtle implication i've seen in some time. Also 73 chapters to know that there was a precedent Japan Hero and know that raise some questions. How did they change Hero in countries ? How they're even choose ? Was Shy ignorant of who was the previous Japan Hero ? If it's really her mom (which is very possible given the hint), since when Japan don't have an Hero ?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Yeah, i wondering who this tall woman who look like Shy and was the previous Japan Hero. God, that is probably the least subtle implication i've seen in some time. Also 73 chapters to know that there was a precedent Japan Hero and know that raise some questions. How did they change Hero in countries ? How they're even choose ? Was Shy ignorant of who was the previous Japan Hero ? If it's really her mom (which is very possible given the hint), since when Japan don't have an Hero ?

At this point, I'm not ruling out that this was a time traveling Shy.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

luinthoron posted:

At this point, I'm not ruling out that this was a time traveling Shy.

Oh God... now I'm scared XD

bubbleteabird
F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

wait...so was there any explanation as to why that guy suddenly sprouted wings or did i miss something?

Ah, so that’s why he sprouted wings. I should have known.

deltahalo241
Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I feel like Tokimaru actually being a bird is going to cause problems for his and Ai's relationship

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

You know, this chapter didn't connect with me... and I think the reason is the promise-payoff incongruence. The initial setup of the manga was a Western-style Superhero with an awkward Japanese heroine, but now over a half of the manga has been spend retreading the familiar Japanese tropes, and the arc ends in the most predictable and, lets face it, bog-standard way for manga. All the pathos lacks any punch if it betrays the previously established expectations.

Pretty much. I'm also reminded of Shaman King, which was a manga I greatly enjoyed when it followed the initial premise of helping people with real world problems with the help of ghosts, until it derailed into a stock shonen tournament arc and ended in what felt like the author going on a volume long cynical rant via a mouth piece unbeatable antagonist.

On the bright side, ninja arc is finally over.

To reply you must either login or sign up.