Hqdefault
joined Sep 13, 2020

I keep think mei is a robot
How can this girl be so emotionless????

u r not alone bro. But it seems some people do like that face of her
Guess it's people who like Brie Larson

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Mei really needs to learn to explain herself better...

joined Jan 6, 2017

How is Mei emotionless?????

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

I really like this sequel series more than the original. Why do the chapters have to be so short though?

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

I'm so confused about the beginning of the chapter...

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I'm so confused about the beginning of the chapter...

I believe she was studying at Harumin's house, in their swimsuits to try and get the impression they were at the beach and not stuck at home studying. The title page is just a fantasy (or maybe a peek of a future chapter)

E05aff7c1334de03865ce183142c84b52
joined Feb 6, 2014

Postpone? Bring forward! Go after her into the bath. Best present ever.

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

Just graduate already and go on college. Don't forget to bring the NSFW tag with ya.

don't worry,i bring it with me,in case if they forgot it

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

........Are we reading the same manga?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

What I want to know is how the MCs seem to have lost about 5 years of maturity from the opening chapters of the original series until now.

Their first emotional breakthrough with each other was about communicating their feelings; now they sit across the room from each other, tongue-tied and blushing like 6th graders.

Image0%20(5)
joined Jan 6, 2019

im just waiting for matsuri x harumin to be cannon tbh

im just waiting for matsuri x harumin to be cannon tbh

I believe that nearly everyone is too.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Are we suppose to know why Yuzu got weird when Mei asked to postpone her birthday party? With short chapters, and long gaps in between It's hard to keep track, and I don't have the ambition to go back and reread every time a new chapter comes out.

joined Sep 1, 2017

What I want to know is how the MCs seem to have lost about 5 years of maturity from the opening chapters of the original series until now.

Their first emotional breakthrough with each other was about communicating their feelings; now they sit across the room from each other, tongue-tied and blushing like 6th graders.

Im my opinion characters in manga do that alot. My theory is that their ability to communicate, is based mainly on how long the author wants to stretch a story arc out. Think about it how many simple misunderstandings become major rifts between characters, that take several chapters to resolve, because one character inexplicablely refuses to speak their mind.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Are we suppose to know why Yuzu got weird when Mei asked to postpone her birthday party? With short chapters, and long gaps in between It's hard to keep track, and I don't have the ambition to go back and reread every time a new chapter comes out.

I think it’s the obvious—Yuzu had great expectations (of some kind) about her birthday party, but god fucking forbid she should actually express her disappointment to the person who she’s supposedly closest to in the world, and for Mei to explain why the party needs to be postponed and to express some understanding of how Yuzu must feel would be to violate the fundamental laws of the space-time continuum.

joined Sep 1, 2017

I think it’s the obvious—Yuzu had great expectations (of some kind) about her birthday party, but god fucking forbid she should actually express her disappointment to the person who she’s supposedly closest to in the world, and for Mei to explain why the party needs to be postponed and to express some understanding of how Yuzu must feel would be to violate the fundamental laws of the space-time continuum.

You're probably right. It just we always just celebrate family birthdays on a convenient weekend around the day, so the thought didn't occur to me.

joined Jan 14, 2020

How does Mei not have a cellphone she's 15? older? in modern Japan.

joined Jul 26, 2016

How does Mei not have a cellphone she's 15? older? in modern Japan.

One assumes the Meibot was fitted with wireless transmitters during construction making an external device superfluous.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

By this point I'm convinced that Meibot is as much of a meme as the MeiYuzu never gonna get laid thing. Even if I only use the latter

joined Jul 26, 2016

By this point I'm convinced that Meibot is as much of a meme as the MeiYuzu never gonna get laid thing. Even if I only use the latter

Where the two meet. (•̀.̫ •́✧)

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Mei always spoils the mood for me. I'd rather read a friendship story between the rest of the characters without any romance. It'd be nice to read about Yuzu and Harumin doing stupid gyaru stuff like wearing their bikinis while studying, without Mei the Dementor around.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Mei always spoils the mood for me. I'd rather read a friendship story between the rest of the characters without any romance. It'd be nice to read about Yuzu and Harumin doing stupid gyaru stuff like wearing their bikinis while studying, without Mei the Dementor around.

It pains me to agree, because as I’ve said several times here, Mei’s character was initially the most interesting to me because of her volatility (and her sexiness).

Now she’s only slightly more lively than her teddy bear.

joined Jan 6, 2017

It pains me to agree, because as I’ve said several times here, Mei’s character was initially the most interesting to me because of her volatility (and her sexiness).

Now she’s only slightly more lively than her teddy bear.

Very interesting. For me Mei is the highlight of the series. She feels much more human than the other characters

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Very interesting. For me Mei is the highlight of the series. She feels much more human than the other characters

Literally how though? I'm genuinely puzzled.
I could see how the author tries to make her seem hurt and having a difficulty expressing her true feelings (which some people might find cute) but she executes it very poorly. She should have made Mei show emotions from time to time, in subtle ways. (I know there have been some instances, but even these barely had any true passion/emotion)
She is a literal robot in this chapter. Yuzu has her b-day, and Mei's face is drawn in the same static expression all throughout the panels. It really feels like she doesn't gaf and always talks about work, while others constantly praise her for being so responsible (a level of which only a robot could reach tbh). Saburuta could even draw a little blush on her when she wasn't facing Yuzu in this chapter, to show her supposed hidden emotions but she didn't.

last edited at Apr 20, 2021 12:08PM

joined Jan 6, 2017

Literally how though? I'm genuinely puzzled.
I could see how the author tries to make her seem hurt and having a difficulty expressing her true feelings (which some people might find cute) but she executes it very poorly. She should have made Mei show emotions from time to time, in subtle ways. (I know there have been some instances, but even these barely had any true passion/emotion)
She is a literal robot in this chapter. Yuzu has her b-day, and Mei's face is drawn in the same static expression all throughout the panels. It really feels like she doesn't gaf and always talks about work, while others constantly praise her for being so responsible (a level of which only a robot could reach tbh). Saburuta could even draw a little blush on her when she wasn't facing Yuzu in this chapter, to show her supposed hidden emotions but she didn't.

Mei acts exactly as I do irl. That's how. Like I literally don't know how to emote despite being full of emotions

last edited at Apr 20, 2021 12:19PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.