Forum › I Don't Want A Happy Ending discussion

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

A classic tale, but what's with the yaoi hands?

last edited at Apr 16, 2021 2:11PM

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

So... so what's wrong with their arms? Why do they have such weird long arms....

"All the better to xxx you with, my dear."

Yay! a "historical" Yuri, where nobody ends up dead, alone, or trapped in a loveless marriage! PROGRESS!

Shoujo%20kageki%20revue%20starlight%20-%2009%20-%20large%2035
joined Apr 22, 2017

A historical arranged marriage story with happy ending? What a shock! This is the best story of the author by far. Thanks translating group!

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

"i don't want a happy ending"

well,we want it,and we got it

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Yaoi hands AND weird long arms, lol. (No I will not shush about the arms!)

Unnamed
joined Sep 11, 2019

Caught me off guard...damn title lmao

joined Aug 22, 2019

Is this the beginning of yuri arms? At this rate we're just gonna have gargantuan gay people and I gotta say... I'm totally down for that.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Finally, a perfect counter for that damn "Happy End" story.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Is this the beginning of yuri arms? At this rate we're just gonna have gargantuan gay people and I gotta say... I'm totally down for that.

I mean... I'm pretty gargantuan and hella gay... so yay for being progressive...?

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Oh no, the Yaoi hands hath returned! xD

Look at the bottom on page 35 https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/i_dont_want_a_happy_ending#35

I was trying so hard to take the ending seriously but then I cracked up laughing when BOOM, MASTER HAND from Smash comes down from the heavens to offer the handkerchief. x'DDDD

last edited at Apr 16, 2021 4:27PM

けやき坂46
Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

It's a cute, sweet story. Something about the historical gay girl with a gay guy friend really hits the spot for me.

It's so heartwarming to see this kind of solidarity in modern times as well. Two types of people who are so similar and so different. An age-old tradition, indeed.

43353v3
joined Jun 7, 2020

I love happy endings...

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

And let's not forget the occasional goldfish profiles.

Though what really prevented my from appreciating the story was that the clothes completely failed to evoke the historical period in which it was presumably set. And that wheely suitcase at the end was completely anachronistic. Bit of a homework failure, I'd say.

Birdi
joined Sep 19, 2014

This proof that as long the author want yuri, will made they win in those old context

joined Apr 6, 2018

I could have taken more of the angst just for fun and make it more painful :D

but yes this ended nicely

joined Apr 13, 2021

Very nice.

Dynasty9
joined Aug 21, 2016

Oh it's gonna make me cry holy crap

Alice Nightrose
1280px-orange_and_pink_lesbian_flag.svg
joined Feb 9, 2021

Beautiful, i almost cried

daydream_dog94
Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

I really wish authors would quit it with these garbage story settings, I am so fucking tired of this "my father wants me to marry a man soon" setting, it just really pisses me off and leaves a horrible taste. I don't care if it ends with a happy ending, authors need to fuck off with this setting.

lmao wat? i get everyone is entitled to their opinion but to say people should stop writing a certain setting or trope simply bc you personally don't like it, is garbage XD go read another story my guy, there are literally hundreds on here to choose from. I'm not a fan of the "we have to find her a suitor" trope either, but that's how it was back then, shit actually happened. so yeah, people are gonna write fiction about it whether you like it or not :/ doesn't mean you have to read it XD

Gay%20cum
joined Jul 16, 2013

Oh. It's raining again.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I have to admit that the way Mikanuki draws hands is distracting.

And the side faces too, sometime look like some kind of cyclops.

Other than that, the story is cute and the title was clever.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Was really hoping the young miss would have be killed in a peasant revolt, guess we can't all get happy endings

last edited at Apr 17, 2021 11:52AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

IAKi100atT posted:

Was really hoping the young miss would have be killed in a peasant revolt, guess we can't all get happy endings

Uh, no. It's a bad end you're describing.

If you think about it, she left her estate to go live with Maria, so the peasants are rid of her.

And Maria and her are now happy.

Can't have a more perfect end.

last edited at Apr 17, 2021 12:36PM

Bildschirmfoto_2018-08-23_um_21.02.14
joined Jun 13, 2012

Uh, no. It's a bad end you're describing.

If you think about it, she left her estate to go live with Maria, so the peasants are rid of her.

And Maria and her are now happy.

Can't have a more perfect end.

Maybe the peasants even encouraged her to finally leave :)
Like "don't you want to run away to be together with your maid who lives far far far away from here?! So, like that you never have to return and bother us again? Wouldn't that be really nice for you...?"

No, but seriously, since the last one-shot of this author was lacking a bit in pace and storytelling in my opinion, I was positively surprised by this one. The feelings of the characters came across much better. Hope Mikanuji continues this in their future work.

Dy
joined May 3, 2020

maria on the bottom right panel of pg 48... so cute <3 and she's so pretty with her hair down on pg 52 omg please

To reply you must either login or sign up.