Forum › Himegami No Miko discussion

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Each of the stories with these characters published/animated is like alternate universes using the same characters. It's not really a sequel/prequel, but just using the same case in a completely new setting and story. (I'm just happy this one doesn't have mecha in it.)

YET lmao

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

Ah I love their story so much
I'm so glad to be alive in a world where there is so much Kannazuki no Miko and AUs T^T

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

Alrighty kiddies I've been around the block enough to have a pretty good idea where this is going. I think himeko remembers bits and pieces of their past lives and pushes away chikane in chapter 6 because the 'rape makes you no longer eligible to be a sacrifice' (unless kaishaku reconed that idk) then in final battle himeko falls on the blade for her. That or they figure out how to kill this evil god and just bag like crazy ahaha. That will never happen tho just cuz this cow still has milk

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

So this is their fourth reincarnation... is this after or before the events of Kannazuki no Miko?

Neither. This is not related to Kannazuki no Miko. In the Kannazuki lore, the girls are priestesses to a god called Ame no Murakumo. No matter how many times they reincarnate, they always serve Ame no Murakumo.

In the Himegami no Miko lore, on the other hand, the girls are priestesses to a different god, called Oumikami. Basically, you should take Himegami no Miko as an alternate universe which doesn't have any connection to Kannazuki no Miko. It just happens to have similar characters, that's all.

Ooooooooooh

That makes sense, actually. Ugh, these two really can't catch a break, can they? Just let our girls love each other damn it!

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Is this story an official continuation of KnM, or just a doujinshi?

joined Oct 23, 2016

To the people that do not understand what an AU is, its an alternate reality. This series, like the other three (Kannazuki No Miko, Kyoshiro To Towa No Sora, and Zettai Shoujo Seiiki Amnesian) are stand alone series.
You do not have to read or watch any of the previous series to understand what is going on in this one, because the mangaka always explains the core plot of each and every series.

I have read and watched the previous series, and let me tell you all one thing, the only series I recommend you guys watch is Kannazuki no Miko and I actually recommend you guys watch it dubbed as the VAs are actually pretty amazing. Himeko has the VA of popular characters such as Hinata from Naruto/Orihime from Bleach, Chikane also has a superb VA, Rukia from Bleach. I honestly prefer the dub over the sub.
Yes, the mecha battles are crap, but the rest isn't all that bad.

I am liking the premise of this one thus far. No mecha battles, yet, and Chikane is not worthless here. All the recycled characters like Souma, muscle dude, and maybe even Tsubasa (Souma's brother in KnM) seem to have gotten a genderbend, which is fucking awesome cus that means more yuri for us. The art is so much better too. Not messy at all compared to the Mangaka's previous works.

My only complain is the fast pacing. Wish he would make it longer and let us enjoy the time the girls spend together and watch how their relationship is being built, even if its fake.

last edited at Apr 15, 2021 11:24PM

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Dang this is pretty sick

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

Well, this confesion was more calm than ironically in the original serie

joined May 24, 2014

Chikane in a maid outfit? Nice!

Dc42c421b77cd6d3084fe2db220282e3
joined Aug 16, 2020

-banging on the desk-
Soap! Soap! Soap! Soap! Soap!

I'm so glad this is just as good at the over the top drama and making me feel a lot as the anime

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Even though they can never catch a break, there's just something addicting about this overused tragic plot. I somehow always want to read more.

joined Apr 20, 2021

Just created an account just to post this, but this is definitely a step up from the original novel Kaishaiku gave us in 2008 (Especially in their art and in this translation.) Seeing these two is like meeting old friends again! They'll always have a special place in my heart.

Yukari%20sweet%20-%20copy
joined Nov 24, 2016

To the people that do not understand what an AU is, its an alternate reality. This series, like the other three (Kannazuki No Miko, Kyoshiro To Towa No Sora, and Zettai Shoujo Seiiki Amnesian) are stand alone series.
You do not have to read or watch any of the previous series to understand what is going on in this one, because the mangaka always explains the core plot of each and every series.

I have read and watched the previous series, and let me tell you all one thing, the only series I recommend you guys watch is Kannazuki no Miko and I actually recommend you guys watch it dubbed as the VAs are actually pretty amazing. Himeko has the VA of popular characters such as Hinata from Naruto/Orihime from Bleach, Chikane also has a superb VA, Rukia from Bleach. I honestly prefer the dub over the sub.
Yes, the mecha battles are crap, but the rest isn't all that bad.

I am liking the premise of this one thus far. No mecha battles, yet, and Chikane is not worthless here. All the recycled characters like Souma, muscle dude, and maybe even Tsubasa (Souma's brother in KnM) seem to have gotten a genderbend, which is fucking awesome cus that means more yuri for us. The art is so much better too. Not messy at all compared to the Mangaka's previous works.

My only complain is the fast pacing. Wish he would make it longer and let us enjoy the time the girls spend together and watch how their relationship is being built, even if its fake.

Yes, the dub is very good and is the main reason I still love their english VA's(still need to get Michelle Ruff's autograph for my KnM poster so that I'll have the both). The only gripe is leaving off the "chan" from Chikane-chan. Would add that Himeko/Hinata/Orihime's VA is also the redubbed Sailor Moon and Chikane/Rukia is also Yoko Littner and Luna from Sailor Moon.
I would also recommend the original KnM manga as it has a very different flavor than the anime that it spawned, though the scanlations have varying translation quality and I don't think you can find the official release anymore (my copies are over 10 years old).

I still love this series so much even after all these years.

last edited at Apr 21, 2021 1:12AM

joined Oct 23, 2016

I hope that just because their birthday is right around the corner, that it doesn't mean we are only getting one or two volumes.
This can go on much much longer, to even spawn an anime adaptation. The mangaka just needs to learn how to calmly pace things.
I have a feeling he feels his girls wont attract enough attention within the new yuri communities, so his pacing is all over the place. Makes me wonder if he is just testing the waters to see how the sales are in order to focus on a 12-13 episode adaptation.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

mmm i´d be liying if i said that im not enjoying this one but it´s not quite the same as the original, when the novelty of seing the girls again wears off the story is not that great.
On the original chikane lack the strenght to protect himeko and the determination to be with her (and also the mecha) both qualities that souma had plenty of, so it was so crushing to see her work so hard to make himeko look her way only to be utterly defeated by soumas natural charm (and mecha), i honestly tought that there was no way they could end up toghter so when himeko chooses chikane at the end it was such a powerfull moment. On this one their relationship is pretty much set on stone not even once i doubt that they were going to end up together since now chikane has all the qualities of og souma
Right now the only thing left on himegami no miko is how are they going to deal with the ceremony
(wich migh end up being a really good arc), right now my investment on the story is pretty low, and my only enjoyment of it is that i can see himeko and chikane together (maybe that´s the point idk)
i also miss the mechas but you know that´s just me and my love for mechas

last edited at Apr 23, 2021 12:15AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I hope that just because their birthday is right around the corner, that it doesn't mean we are only getting one or two volumes.
This can go on much much longer, to even spawn an anime adaptation. The mangaka just needs to learn how to calmly pace things.
I have a feeling he feels his girls wont attract enough attention within the new yuri communities, so his pacing is all over the place. Makes me wonder if he is just testing the waters to see how the sales are in order to focus on a 12-13 episode adaptation.

I agree, I was thinking the pace is too fast too. Instead of days left the mangaka could make it months or even a couple of years. In between add more fights with that clan Souma is in etc.

I feel like there's a possibility of Himeko being more cunning here than she lets out. There had been two instances where she felt shady and as if she was trying to seduce Chikane on purpose, especially in that bath scene.
It would be an interesting twist if this turns out to be true. It would show how the moon fights with physical strength, but the sun, due to its light, possess the weapon of manipulation instead.

It seems like Souma likes Himeko here too, so maybe they could be collaborating on that tactic together.
Also idk what's going on with Souma's gender, because Chikane was calling her a "him" but then suddenly said "that woman"

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Always a great feeling to see Chikane lose her spaghetti over Himeko.~ Surprisingly this alternate version gives a whole heck of a lot more inner dialogue to Chikane's angsty thoughts and hide your gay away. She even ironically feels more human in this universe and not some sort of weird robotic sex android...yes, I'm still traumatized from Amnesian.

last edited at Apr 25, 2021 3:53AM

joined Apr 29, 2021

This manga always make my heart ache. Why would they never have a peaceful reincarnation.

joined Jun 3, 2020

I've seen some comments about wandering about the fast pacing and well...
Kannazuki no Miko only had two volumes, Kyoushirou to Towa no Sora had three, and Amnesian had four. Kaishaku simply doesn't seem interested in writing a long series.

last edited at Jun 25, 2021 8:45PM

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

wait, did i miss something? werent there supposed to be a big conversation after the whole conflit and buildup of Chikane trying to kiss himeko while she slept and how it made things weird and angsty and stuff? I mean, it has been some time since the story was updated, but i'm not sure it is that case. It really feels as if the plotline was dropped and the author didnt develop their character, they just went back to where they were for no reason and it was all for nothing.

joined Dec 9, 2014

This chapter was as if it's been so long that the author forgot their own story.
We had a major conflict a couple of chapters ago, something that felt similar to Chikane raping Himeko in their other reincarnation.
And now they just hang out like nothing has happened? I kept wondering if this was some flashback from before the incident, because it doesn't make sense to the flow of the story at all.

joined Oct 21, 2013

It's a flashback, about 4 months prior to their sleepover.

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

I mean, the yuri is being built in an awesome way, but given that we're - more or less - looking at the same MCs as the other three series, I just want to know if we'll ever see them in a story where they don't kill each other. Let the useless lesbians have each other without the supernatural stuff, for once...

Ivan's%20words%20of%20wisdom
joined Jun 22, 2013

I knew that Himeko was up to no good.

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

Oh, i like I love you as a woman
Should be the standard confession

To reply you must either login or sign up.