Forum › Yamada to Kase-san discussion

43353v3
joined Jun 7, 2020

I've been wondering for quite some time now if the author puts half the amount of scrutiny we do into the characters' actions or if she simply sees Kase's behavior as cute and romantic.

Honestly I think it's the latter. Kase's feelings have been showing more and more signs of becoming toxic, but the manga still has a light and airy tone. The series doesn't even have a Drama tag.

EDIT: MY guess is we will get to see Yamada's jealous side when Kase's roomate realizes that crush she has been developing on Kase and tries to make a move.

Especially the edit. Rinse and repeat. The story cycles between the girls insecurities. It gets annoying seeing the lack of character development between the two regarding communication. So much could be resolved if they just talked before reacting—but then we wouldn't have a story I guess...

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

avec posted:

So much could be resolved if they just talked before reacting—but then we wouldn't have a story I guess...

Nah. Then we'd have good story and those are actually hard to write.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Oh for the love of crap

joined Jan 14, 2020

As a gardener, yes Yamada does love crap!

aka fertilizer

joined Dec 5, 2019

Lol, violence is bad and all that but I found it very funny that instead of running away crying and not talking with each other for a month or two like it always happens in misunderstandings like these in yuri manga Kase went streight for the bag throw

last edited at Apr 2, 2021 12:16PM

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

last edited at Apr 3, 2021 1:25AM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

As a gardener, yes Yamada does love crap!

aka fertilizer

E1f7694b-042f-443d-a5cb-df7de61c8a40
joined Dec 29, 2013

I stopped reading at chapter 3 or 4 and decided to reread the prequel to refresh myself. I love how light the story was and how mature (lewd) Kase is compared to the innocent Yamada. Yeah, I noticed that they weren’t going anywhere, no character developement, same insecurities and jealousy. I didn’t notice it before but after reading it in one go, it is obvious. I usually don’t care about character development as long as I get yuri fluff. It is, after all, better than no yuri at all. I still love this series but I hope it wraps up soon.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Man, I kinda dislike the roommate. I dunno, her whole arc seems really unnecessary. When she was first introduced, I though I was gonna like her since she's got that kuudere vibe going. And I thought she and kase'd be good friends. Instead, she's just one of the many girls that have a cruah on kase- and I don't hate her for that- but she was also kinda a bitch to yamada which honestly, really came out of nowhere.

You need to look at it from her perspective instead of the reader's.

Yamada was instantly needlessly hostile to her. We know it's because Yamada was feeling threatened and jealous over somebody getting close to her girlfriend, but she doesn't know that. From her perspective, this girl just sidled up and started giving her death glares and getting confrontational and possessive over the fact that she has a perfectly normal sense of distance with her college roommate. People pick up on other people not liking them, and tend to respond accordingly.

joined Feb 1, 2013

I think one of the things that people seem to lose track of is the fact that this series is pretty much a romantic comedy at its core, so the silly melodrama should really be expected! I mean, I love these two dorks, but one of the whole points of this manga is the process of Yamada and Kase learning to be more open with each other.

joined Apr 7, 2021

Help what happened here
Anyway I totally understand where Kase comes from I mean I’d get pissed too if someone was trying to woo my girlfriend (even if it’s probably not the case here but bruh if that person was a celebrity said girlfriend really likes I’d be like leave her the heck alone too). I guess Yamada isn’t really aware that she’s great and people besides Kase would like her, not that they know she’s not a single pringle anyway so
Maybe they should come out
I think that would solve half of the jealousy issues, I think they’re ready for it right? jfnsjd I know it’s hard as hell though but their friends seem like cool people

Itzameapotterhead
Img_pzb2xa
joined Jul 4, 2016

Me: goes to forum to comment on a cute moment
The forum: discourse about Kase's possessiveness and how their relationship may be toxic
Me: °-°

Itzameapotterhead
Img_pzb2xa
joined Jul 4, 2016

Ok while the both of them need to work on their jealousy issues, I think it's a good normal relationship so far. At least, for teenagers. You can't really expect them to act all mature when they're literal teenagers. So far they seem to be growing and becoming more mature as the series goes on and that's great.

I wanna comment about the chapter where Yamada goes to the mixer specifically. Kase was totally justified in being possessive in that chapter. Yamads went to a place, where the entire purpose is to hook up with someone, with a friend that Kase doesn't know. Idk about you but I'd also be very skeptical about the whole thing. I know Yamada's not that type of person, but it's precisely because Yamada's innocent that Kase's possessiveness works well. She could've easily been taken advantage of in that situation, especially in a bar. Before Kase came in, Yamada had no idea what to do.

Edit: ok, read the latest chapter. They really need to be more confident in their relationship. They've been dating for over a year now, and even able to to handle a relationship in college. It makes sense to get possessive once in a while but not all the time.

Though I'm probably not one to talk lol. I'm actually reading all of this cause I'm in a fight with my girlfriend and I need to get in a better mood so I can smooth things out with her without tensions getting too high. Oh to be able to resolve problems as quickly as these two idiots do.

last edited at Apr 11, 2021 7:01AM

Waterwolfwings
Fox_pog
joined Mar 29, 2021

I literally realized me and Kase-san have the same birthday, May 1st.
I AM BLESSED

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I literally realized me and Kase-san have the same birthday, May 1st.
I AM BLESSED

And that also happens to be Labour Day
unless you're American or Canadian, which... WTF USA and Canada?

Waterwolfwings
Fox_pog
joined Mar 29, 2021

nervous "I totally live in the USA" laughter

joined Sep 11, 2019

I've actually lost momentum for this series about chapter 15, came back and to be honest, now it's a bit hard to go through the 20-30 some odd pages for some reason and I don't even know why

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

GOD I LOVE THESE TWO SO MUCH, THEY'RE SO FUCKING CUTE.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

thanks flower man

last edited at Jun 1, 2021 9:50AM

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

Good job Prince. And good for Kase to apologize. As I said before, the situation definitely wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. Kase not running away meant we got this. And it was wholesome. Props to Yamada for being able to admit Kase is her gf. Not as shy as before anymore.

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Me, with my allergies, riding that car would be a personal hell I'll never recover from.

384281a5-2c64-4db2-b731-8ffdc6aa4619
joined Mar 28, 2021

Happy pride!

Imageedit_11_5472942776
joined Apr 30, 2018

im melting

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

nervous "I totally live in the USA" laughter

The USA/Haymarket Affair is one of the main reasons reasons May Day exists, always thought it was weird we don't at least celebrate it in passing.

But how did it turn out this plant boy was secretly the love guru? We were totally played, but I'm hoping that means the roommate story will resolve in a totally new way from the normal jealousy routine

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Yamada always could sprout little green leaves from her head, but now she can sprout them from her fingers and from her tongue.

Her awesomeness is evolving. Be afraid. Soon she'll be all-powerful.

To reply you must either login or sign up.