Birdi
joined Sep 19, 2014

Shy is getting used to top girls, wink,wink

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Twincest is wincest.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

OK, the bear came out of nowhere, and the last panel was too lewd for this wholesome superhero romp.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

I’m really liking this face turn, and I’m really, really hoping it doesn’t end the way I think it will. Just let the twins live happily =(

Chibi%20flustered%20shizuku%20giving%20eris%20a%20bento
joined Jun 19, 2020

I just noticed but in Chapter 50 when Mai stabs Ai, you can see she’s wearing one of Stigma’s rings. So after she was forced to kill the bears, I’m guessing that’s when Stigma met up with her and took her in.

joined Jul 19, 2011

When will this arc end? It's already over half the length of the entire manga.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

When will this arc end? It's already over half the length of the entire manga.

Huh, I just went back and checked, and the ninja arc did indeed start in chapter 32 and we are at 67 by now... My guess is that this will be the arc where the Almareiks get defeated?

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

...As far as combination attacks go, wasn't expecting that. And yet it fits that trio so perfectly.

I will second hyrushoten's question, though. Much as I love SHY (It's definitely in my top ten) I've been feeling arc fatigue for a few chapters now. Please don't let this turn into another Soul Society arc. Or Namek. Or every massive crossover in superhero comics.

Fc30b8c18898ba98167bd0db444c72ba-compressed
joined Sep 25, 2020

Maybe this arc will end in 2 or 3 chapter again.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Just end this arc already. It have last longer than all the chapters before.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Judging by the last panel this chapter, it'll likely be over in the next.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Normally I'm often forgiving of tropes and clichés, but having the sister die/sacrifice herself just makes me groan. It's so...predictable, and unnecessarily tragic. I feel like authors often just have to make things tragic for the sake of tragedy, and that people get off to tragedy. So we end this arc with me feeling frustrated, unfortunate.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

FluffyCow posted:

Normally I'm often forgiving of tropes and clichés, but having the sister die/sacrifice herself just makes me groan. It's so...predictable, and unnecessarily tragic. I feel like authors often just have to make things tragic for the sake of tragedy, and that people get off to tragedy. So we end this arc with me feeling frustrated, unfortunate.

Yeah specially considering how freaking strong she is... so now she has to go! Nope ! Can't have an OP character hanging around the good guys now :S to be honest I feared this from the very start of this conflict and it seems like it was inevitable after all.

Huuhh Kfufu still has screws lose, I guess the talk no jutsu didn't work this time because she almost kills Pepesha

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, this series has defied tropes before, it's entirely possible that it'll surprise us again after this cliffhanger. Similarly possible it won't, though.

joined Sep 27, 2017

FluffyCow posted:

Yeah specially considering how freaking strong she is... so now she has to go! Nope ! Can't have an OP character hanging around the good guys now :S to be honest I feared this from the very start of this conflict and it seems like it was inevitable after all.

Huuhh Kfufu still has screws lose, I guess the talk no jutsu didn't work this time because she almost kills Pepesha

Aye, I got this feeling of inevitable tragedy as well.

Well, this series has defied tropes before, it's entirely possible that it'll surprise us again after this cliffhanger. Similarly possible it won't, though.

Very true. Though I think while this series defies certain things, and sometimes people are successfully saved, it does often like to play into tragedy as well.

Maxresdefault-1
joined Mar 24, 2021

Pepesha gets badly wounded part 2 someone give the poor girl a break

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Sadly this looks like it is going to do exactly what I assumed it would. I get why to an extent, but it is frustrating to read.

And yet, if I’m completely honest... I can’t say I wouldn’t have it turn out in a similar way.

And the author has pretty much established the pattern going forward: each Amalreiks member has a tragic past they can’t escape, and doing so means a very likely death. No face turn without immediate consequence.

If the author does somehow defy that here, I’d honestly be (pleasantly) shocked.

Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

Sadly this looks like it is going to do exactly what I assumed it would. I get why to an extent, but it is frustrating to read.

And yet, if I’m completely honest... I can’t say I wouldn’t have it turn out in a similar way.

And the author has pretty much established the pattern going forward: each Amalreiks member has a tragic past they can’t escape, and doing so means a very likely death. No face turn without immediate consequence.

If the author does somehow defy that here, I’d honestly be (pleasantly) shocked.

Welp My expectations for this manga went down each time a new chapter comes out.
It was poorly handled with bad pacing and chapters where nothing really happens.

It went from "this might be unexpected shounen that doesn't go with tropes" to "ah well here we go again".

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I can definitely see this going "as expected", but on the other hand, unlike Spirits' mom who had already died and been raised as an Amalareiks, Mai has at least so far been shown to be her usual, albeit broken self, simply using her ninja skills, so there may still be a way to save her.

joined Sep 27, 2017

I can definitely see this going "as expected", but on the other hand, unlike Spirits' mom who had already died and been raised as an Amalareiks, Mai has at least so far been shown to be her usual, albeit broken self, simply using her ninja skills, so there may still be a way to save her.

Yeah it would be nice if it defied the pattern here, since if it continued the same pattern for the whole series it would make every enemy encounter and the results too predictable, and also again frustrating imo.

last edited at Apr 4, 2021 4:29PM

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Tokimaru is a bird, why I'm not surprised?

Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

I hope once this arc end author gets a good reset before the inevitable axe.

joined Sep 27, 2017

Well I'm about 90% sure she's going to die, but fingers crossed...

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Calling it now: The swords sacrifice themselves to save the girls. They become completely noncombat side characters because of this, keeping them from overpowering future threats.

Or bird boy bites it instead; who knows? I don't want him to die, but it's a possibility.

Honestly, I'm getting annoyed at the anime ninja attack calling stuff. In moderation, it doesn't bug me. But it feels like it's taking up a lot of panel space and is used in a kind of handwavy manner.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Honestly this entire arc is going full Naruto, and you should never go full Naruto. Also the rampant epidemic of people standing around sucking their thumbs on the sidelines is making it painfully apparent the author isn't very good at large ensemble scenes...

To reply you must either login or sign up.