Forum › Big Girl and Small Girl (Web ver.) discussion

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Its been a while since I read a story this intelligent

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

OrangePekoe posted:

Our numbering is a bit different from /u/'s and MD's, given that we combined the first and second chapters at their release.

One, why were they combined?

Two, can they be split up? If not, can the chapters be renumbered so that they proper numbering (so current "Chapter 1" becomes "Chapter 1+2", current "Chapter 2" becomes "Chapter 3", and so on so forth)?

Three, it appears this comic has been serialized under a new name - 『気をつけなよ、お姉さん。』 ("Be careful, Onee-san.") - judging from this tweet.

last edited at Mar 24, 2021 12:52AM

joined Jan 8, 2020

"...For this 10-year-old grade-schooler."

...NOPE.

I could see younger, sure. I could see high school, I could even see a particularly mature early teen... But TEN YEARS OLD? No way in hell. That's beyond the point of believable, even with manga's broad range of "believable".

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

For some people, puberty hits like a truck. In this case, however, it was a goddamned bullet train.
Keep fighting onee-san! Don't let love put you in jail!

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

...NOPE.

I could see younger, sure. I could see high school, I could even see a particularly mature early teen... But TEN YEARS OLD? No way in hell. That's beyond the point of believable, even with manga's broad range of "believable".

it's not even her size i have a problem with. i can see there being really rare cases of a kid just growing and developing that large/fast. but it's the things she says, her expressions, her behavior, her vocabulary, that makes this completely unbelievable. i actually enjoy reading this because i simply do not read this as her being ten, and i like the art/their interactions.

Nyarin
joined Mar 20, 2012

I want to thank Sasuke-sensei for this masterpiece.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

I think this is hilareous. I'm loving it

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

The only thing we're missing now is an Exactly as old as she looks tag.

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

I'm not caught up on recent chapters yet but is anyone else getting vibes like that English woman character in Arrested Development? She was a grown adult but she was mentally challenged so she had the intelligence of a grade schooler and was in a class with a bunch of kids despite having the size and age of a full grown adult lol

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Our numbering is a bit different from /u/'s and MD's, given that we combined the first and second chapters at their release.

Two, can they be split up?

It should be easy, the first chapter (which we can call ch.0 or ch.1) obviously ends here and the following chapter starts here.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

ZippyZapmeister posted:

This comment section: "why is there an age gap in this age gap tagged doujin?

In general, it'd be better if posts like this weren't made.

MarqFJA87 posted:

OrangePekoe posted:

I believe when we uploaded it the first time, it was understood to be self-contained.

Two, can they be split up? If not, can the chapters be renumbered so that they proper numbering (so current "Chapter 1" becomes "Chapter 1+2", current "Chapter 2" becomes "Chapter 3", and so on so forth)?

Technically yes. I'll look into it.

Three, it appears this comic has been serialized under a new name - 『気をつけなよ、お姉さん。』 ("Be careful, Onee-san.") - judging from this tweet.

Added, thanks.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Added, thanks.

The serialization is seperate from the Twitter series. This one's just "Big Girl and Small Girl".

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Goggled Anon posted:

Added, thanks.

The serialization is seperate from the Twitter series. This one's just "Big Girl and Small Girl".

Thank you for the correction, fixed.

last edited at Mar 24, 2021 6:14PM

CaptainUseless
150ea059-3666-41b9-a789-f160257e6314
joined Oct 7, 2019

We need that What the fuck am I reading? tag up in here

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Was going 'I read this already' then saw the splitting chapter discussion.

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

It reminds me of that picture of the worlds shortest girl and the worlds tallest man in the same place

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

...NOPE.

Having an outrageous premise is just how this type of comedy works though. The gag is literally based on the fact that it's ridiculously improbable or outright impossible, so someone having to actually deal with it is the joke.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

"Why is this comedy series with an absurd premise so unrealistic?"
I wish some people just learned how to simply not read things they find uncomfortable instead of reaching for these sorts of criticisms

joined May 24, 2014

"Why is this comedy series with an absurd premise so unrealistic?"
I wish some people just learned how to simply not read things they find uncomfortable instead of reaching for these sorts of criticisms

Yeeeaaaah, you'll find that most of the people here are like that

last edited at Mar 25, 2021 7:49AM

joined Feb 18, 2015

You know... when I was in sixth grade there was a girl who looked not too different from what that girl looks like. She had been held back a couple of times, mind you, but she was still in grade school in our school system. Not to mention that my own sister has not grown an INCH since she was in sixth grade. (She HAS grown in other ways, but she was already fairly well developed in terms of breast size by that time. She was one of the tallest people in her sixth grade class and probably the shortest in her graduating class... to give you an idea of just how young-looking she is, she was carded for an R-Rated movie... when she was 35 years-old!)

So... yeah... there could be a girl with those proportions in sixth grade. In Japan? That's probably a stretch...

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

i want a plot twist where it was all a joke and she's actually an adult

joined Jul 26, 2016

...who gets stuck on literal grade school math problems?

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Could be the other little girl's homework and she's just trolling the MC 'cus she knows the misunderstanding and enjoys playing into it.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Could be the other little girl's homework and she's just trolling the MC 'cus she knows the misunderstanding and enjoys playing into it.

Considering she'd apparently been mulling over it for some time before Tae chanced by, (x) doobt

last edited at Mar 26, 2021 2:18PM

Magnum
joined Dec 2, 2016

There is a lot of puberty related dicution here... But don't see many people arguing about cat girls, loli vampires or touhou in general. It's a work of fiction, a sort of "what if" not a kids development paper, it's nither the most weird thing i have red or "offensive".
I think that with same gender stories authors give themselves more creative liberty because they are making a "couple" and not only a "waifu", they are supposed to be looked as a set to complete each other, that's why the other girl is unbelievable small.
So don't waste your time over analyzing it, be happy and read something more to your taste :)

I think they look very cute together.

last edited at Mar 26, 2021 6:01PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.