Forum › The Girl Through the Viewfinder discussion

70420323_p4_master1200-min
joined Dec 28, 2018

This looks really promising, can't wait for more chapters

879e1565-90d1-4400-a7fb-1da72081653d
joined Jan 7, 2020

Oh thank goodness this series is being added here while MD is down. My heart goes out to Honami, poor baby... Anyways- I look forward to future releases! Thank you for the upload!!

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Honami feels a lot like Sayaka. Like a LOT.

Screen%20shot%202018-05-06%20at%205.00.43%20pm
joined Nov 6, 2017

Thank goodness it’s here now! I really needed this! Thanks again for translating this for us!

lickmyskittles
joined Jan 27, 2020

It looks promising!! Honami is hitting too close to home though ;---;

Stic0)%20-%20copy
joined Sep 4, 2020

Urrgg~ That script was surreal.. This is so great.. And yeah, I feel sorry for my waifu Honami..
I hope she will find happiness..Hajime is for Kei afterall..

joined Dec 30, 2018

Looks so good already

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Thank you snowman person, please don't melt away!
This manga screams YOUTH a lot and there's beauty in it, I'll read the other chapters soon

Now I'm curious about that "just friends" manga you found cute in the credits.

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

thank you for working in this manga and sharing it here! liking it so far
and I gotta say I like the two leads and wanna follow their story but I see me preferences remain consistent, Sayaka, Yayaka, Aki to mention a couple, I always end up liking the third main character lol ^^; but I see I am not the only one who right away lilked Honami~

I am curious about that too!

last edited at Mar 24, 2021 3:09AM

joined Nov 27, 2016

The twos mutual interest is so subtle yet so great! On the other hand, poor honami, why do the best friends always gotta suffer...

last edited at Mar 24, 2021 3:42AM

Profpic
joined Mar 24, 2021

Really liking this so far, thank you for the translation

joined May 17, 2020

This looks promising. Thank you for the update

joined Dec 8, 2020

I love it, waiting for more, cute and fluffy.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Nope, not going through the pain I felt for Sayaka again

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

thank you for working in this manga and sharing it here! liking it so far
and I gotta say I like the two leads and wanna follow their story but I see me preferences remain consistent, Sayaka, Yayaka, Aki to mention a couple, I always end up liking the third main character lol ^^; but I see I am not the only one who right away lilked Honami~

I am curious about that too!

same

(did somebody independently find the raws for A Room For Two again)

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Sorry if that comes off as nitpicking, but this weird construction "I wonder if I might I like you" kind of killed that whole moment for me, which was supposed to be emotional :P So does she tell her "I like you" verbatim, or is she wondering about that? Like, I'm not a native English speaker, but I'm pretty sure that grammar is completely fucked here, to the point I'm actually missing the meaning. And the fact that this weird sentence was repeated verbatim in the retrospection makes me question my English skills :P What did she actually say?

I know that these translations are a lot of work and we're grateful for that, but this one I just cannot ignore. (Unless I'm just bad at English, please tell me if that's the case).

last edited at Mar 24, 2021 6:06AM

joined Dec 5, 2019

Thank you for this

Ugh, I predict drama coming Kei-side, a move maybe? She was discussing dstes with her mother and had things to discuss with the teachers

Homura-devil
joined May 7, 2018

Ch 3 Pg 8 center panel - "Things I don't know of ______ keep increasing"

There seems to be a missing word in the place where I added the blank @Scanlator-san

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I hope that there won't be any serious love triangle drama because I do think, while Honami is a great character, it's very obvious that Kei and Hajime connect with and understand each other in a very crucial way Honami doesn't.

I like the two leads together so far, so I'm hoping for these two awkward, loners to get along! The art is always very calm and pleasing to look at. I'm looking forward to more of this series!

King_snowman_2
joined Mar 20, 2021

Sorry if that comes off as nitpicking, but this weird construction "I wonder if I might I like you" kind of killed that whole moment for me, which was supposed to be emotional :P So does she tell her "I like you" verbatim, or is she wondering about that? Like, I'm not a native English speaker, but I'm pretty sure that grammar is completely fucked here, to the point I'm actually missing the meaning. And the fact that this weird sentence was repeated verbatim in the retrospection makes me question my English skills :P What did she actually say?

I know that these translations are a lot of work and we're grateful for that, but this one I just cannot ignore. (Unless I'm just bad at English, please tell me if that's the case).

I'm sorry if the loss of clarity ends up being my fault with my choice of grammar usage here...
(*_ _)人

To clarify, Ichinose has come to the realization that she might like (be in love with) Hajime. However she's never experienced that kind of emotion before in her life, so she's uncertain if she is in love. Her wording in Japanese was very tentative and portraying that in English without using the word "love" due to it being too direct was really challenging.
On top of that not only was she saying it out loud to Hajime, but at the same time it was a question she was also directing at herself, trying to gauge her own feelings.
...I'll ponder this line a bit more since it was so confusing for you, and if I come up with a better solution I'll update it when MD comes back to life!
☆⌒(>。<)

last edited at Mar 24, 2021 10:46AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Thanks for the response!
I think I would more or less understand it as you intended if you just skipped the second "I" (so simply "I wonder if I might like you") since that's the thing that threw me off the most :P It would still be a bit awkward but I don't have any better suggestion myself, especially not knowing the original.

Also, thanks for these translations once again, I really appreciate them!

King_snowman_2
joined Mar 20, 2021

Thanks for the response!
I think I would more or less understand it as you intended if you just skipped the second "I" (so simply "I wonder if I might like you") since that's the thing that threw me off the most :P It would still be a bit awkward but I don't have any better suggestion myself, especially not knowing the original.

Also, thanks for these translations once again, I really appreciate them!

I just realized....... that "I" you're talking about..... I didn't even notice it.... its not supposed to be there...... I don't know how that got there....
That settles it. I'm making Kiska proofread for me from now on...
。・゚゚*(>д<)*゚゚・。

Honami feels a lot like Sayaka. Like a LOT.

Kei feels like Touko to me a lot, I love it.

Edit: Thank you so much for the translations, totally reminds of what it's like to crush on someone again, ah good times.

last edited at Mar 24, 2021 11:23AM by

joined Jul 17, 2020

Who the hell is Sayaka? Also, keep up the good work

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Small typo here on panel 4:
eally -> early

Thanks for the scanalation!

To reply you must either login or sign up.