Forum › Posts by KingSnowman8

King_snowman_2
joined Mar 20, 2021

The right length to be great. This was a nice story.

Curious about the chapter count though, since anilist says it has 9 in total but the author mentions only 7 and there are 8 posted here...

Actually that confused me a great deal too a while back. What ended up happening was two of these chapters that I've translated for you guys were originally released as two separate chapters. One of those is Chapter 7, and though I'm not sure, I think the other one was chapter 1, adding up to 9 chapters in the original release. Then they combined those into single chapters for the release of the manga volumes, while also adding a bonus chapter to the story (chapter 7.5).

King_snowman_2
joined Mar 20, 2021

Just for the record, in Japan, what month does school start and when does each semester end? When and how long is summer vacation and the cultural festival? When do they generally take their midterms and final exams? I do recall students go to school on Saturdays in Japan too, but would be nice if someone could confirm this.

I'll do my best to give you what knowledge I have for your question!
The Japanese school year begins in April and ends in March the following year. I know they use a 3 term system but I don't remember how those terms are divided up, or when their mid terms and final exams are held within those 3 terms. Doing math though they should be approximately 4 months long with breaks scattered throughout. The Summer holidays for them starts usually around July-August, and lasts for 30-40 or so days.

The cultural festival is a bit of a wild card. From my understanding its usually held on a weekend, either a Saturday or Sunday, maybe even both days, and is usually in the Autumn. But from what I've heard, the individual schools will change this up to whatever they deem fit for themselves.

These days more and more schools in Japan have adopted the 5 day a week school system, so schools that actually hold classes on Saturdays have become the minority from what I've heard from my Japanese friends about their high school experience.
I hope this added some clarity for you!
ヽ(o^ ^o)ノ

last edited at Apr 14, 2021 7:45PM

King_snowman_2
joined Mar 20, 2021

Thank you KingSnowman8 and Kiska for your hard work! PS Kiska came from Russia ? xD

I have finally solved this mystery myself!!
Apparently she took her name from a shortened version of "Kiskadee," which is a type of bird.

King_snowman_2
joined Mar 20, 2021

Hey snowman, I like your projects a lot :D Can I join your group too? Uhh I wasn't sure how to contact you because I don't have twitter lol

Thanks for your interest in joining, Bubblegum! (´▽`)

Unfortunately I think all the rolls that need filling are all taken care of between just Kiska and I.
The only thing really slowing us down is the time and energy I can spend on translating. But I started doing this so I could practice translating so dividing up or sharing that work would make it meaningless to have started doing these projects... o(〒﹏〒)o

Thank you though for your willingness to assist us!!! ♡ ~('▽^人)

King_snowman_2
joined Mar 20, 2021

Thanks for the response!
I think I would more or less understand it as you intended if you just skipped the second "I" (so simply "I wonder if I might like you") since that's the thing that threw me off the most :P It would still be a bit awkward but I don't have any better suggestion myself, especially not knowing the original.

Also, thanks for these translations once again, I really appreciate them!

I just realized....... that "I" you're talking about..... I didn't even notice it.... its not supposed to be there...... I don't know how that got there....
That settles it. I'm making Kiska proofread for me from now on...
。・゚゚*(>д<)*゚゚・。

King_snowman_2
joined Mar 20, 2021

Sorry if that comes off as nitpicking, but this weird construction "I wonder if I might I like you" kind of killed that whole moment for me, which was supposed to be emotional :P So does she tell her "I like you" verbatim, or is she wondering about that? Like, I'm not a native English speaker, but I'm pretty sure that grammar is completely fucked here, to the point I'm actually missing the meaning. And the fact that this weird sentence was repeated verbatim in the retrospection makes me question my English skills :P What did she actually say?

I know that these translations are a lot of work and we're grateful for that, but this one I just cannot ignore. (Unless I'm just bad at English, please tell me if that's the case).

I'm sorry if the loss of clarity ends up being my fault with my choice of grammar usage here...
(*_ _)人

To clarify, Ichinose has come to the realization that she might like (be in love with) Hajime. However she's never experienced that kind of emotion before in her life, so she's uncertain if she is in love. Her wording in Japanese was very tentative and portraying that in English without using the word "love" due to it being too direct was really challenging.
On top of that not only was she saying it out loud to Hajime, but at the same time it was a question she was also directing at herself, trying to gauge her own feelings.
...I'll ponder this line a bit more since it was so confusing for you, and if I come up with a better solution I'll update it when MD comes back to life!
☆⌒(>。<)

last edited at Mar 24, 2021 10:46AM

KingSnowman8
King_snowman_2
joined Mar 20, 2021

You're a real charmer, Mr. Snowman. Thanks for the releases! Blessings!

You're too kind! I'll do my best to keep them coming!!
♡\( ̄▽ ̄)/♡

KingSnowman8
King_snowman_2
joined Mar 20, 2021

their credit pages are so cute!

yeah right~!

I'll keep trying to make entertaining credit pages as best as I can!!
(((o(°▽°)o)))

KingSnowman8
King_snowman_2
joined Mar 20, 2021

their credit pages are so cute!

I'm glad you like them!!
I expect most readers to just skip over them, so it makes me really happy to hear you appreciated them!
( ´ ∀ `)ノ~ ♡

King_snowman_2
joined Mar 20, 2021

Good job, kingsnowman8.

Thank you so much!
♡\( ̄▽ ̄)/♡

last edited at Mar 22, 2021 10:45AM

King_snowman_2
joined Mar 20, 2021

I noticed this shortly after I uploaded this, but I made a mistake and didn't change the author name from "Kabocha" to "Misaki Tenmu." I was originally going to add a different series first by Kabocha but changed it at the last second...
Hopefully this mistake gets fixed soon...
( ̄□ ̄」)

KingSnowman8
King_snowman_2
joined Mar 20, 2021

Kyaa! Snowy is already here! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

I have arrived!! ⛄
Slowly but surely Snow Kingdom is expanding its reach!
(o´▽`o)