Forum › I Favor the Villainess discussion

joined Jan 6, 2017

Does anyone know if there is actual yuri later on? Do Rei and Claire end up together ? Just asking because chapter 7 left a bad taste and I don't want to waste my time with garbage

Does have actual yuri, but it's a very long slow burn story so it's gonna take years before the manga gets to that at the rate the chapters are coming out atm

6cd
joined May 11, 2016

It's so worth it. Trust me the signs are there you just have to bare with Tsundere Ojou Sama.

6cd
joined May 11, 2016

I love how Claire is breaking Rei's walls when in reality it's her own walls getting broken down ;D

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Just started reading it seeing that it got recently updated. Love it so far but now all I wanna do is get to the fufure chapters quicker. I'll either way, I'm hyped for what's to come

Ezisrudvkaylvds
joined Jan 19, 2021

Just started reading it seeing that it got recently updated. Love it so far but now all I wanna do is get to the fufure chapters quicker. I'll either way, I'm hyped for what's to come

Next chapter should be ready within the week!

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

Next chapter should be ready within the week!

Thanks for the heads up!

joined Sep 13, 2018

ch7 in the LN was painful as hell , i dont even have the gay but i still could understand the pain.
Rei explained how there are low chances for a homosexual to ever get their love interest to love them back since homosexual are a low % of people , meaning its most likely to last a long time being just pain of not being able to confess and pain after they confess and not only get rejected but being called a creep by the person they love.

It was depressing as fuck but in the manga seems to be toned down.

Okami Uploader
joined Aug 1, 2013

Ah yes, it's finally time for some dere Claire

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Dere? More like Claire!

Ohohoho

joined Jan 4, 2020

Wasnt our protag really strong? Seems like she lost hard. Also, why did she go into the forest?

last edited at Mar 24, 2021 5:38PM

joined Jan 6, 2017

Personally I hate all the localizations in the SSE translation. Rei is the worst (seriously what were they smoking when they did that) but all the others are also better in the web novel, even if they're not as bad as Rei.

Either way it doesn't really bother me since it's just side characters

Screenshot%202020-08-05%20at%209.30.03%20pm
joined Nov 21, 2019

Thane? Wasn't his name Sein before? Which one is it?

Ezisrudvkaylvds
joined Jan 19, 2021

Thane? Wasn't his name Sein before? Which one is it?

Read the credits page, we switched to the LN names from the WN names.
As for which one it is it's just セイン (Sein) in japanese but Katakana is awful at conveying spelling since it's phonetic. Same with Trid/トリッド (Toriddo) becoming Torrid.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Gotta love Claire showing that dere side.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Clere dere. I wonder what Rei snuck into the forest for.................. could be something to wonder about.

That look on her face first being heartbroken seeing Sein(Thane) and Claire together,and then the unabashed yearning/love in the last page... good shit

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Wasnt our protag really strong? Seems like she lost hard. Also, why did she go into the forest?

Her elements were useless against the slime, so all she could do was act as support.

3baa1ab64dd532b6adbdcf6b46497e76
joined Mar 25, 2015

Her elements were useless against the slime, so all she could do was act as support.

Yeah, she also dumped all her MP into making those gigantic walls in a vain attempt to avoid...exactly what happened. Seems like slimes are actually a big deal in this universe.

joined Jan 22, 2015

She was pocketing a fragment of the slime. Not sure why.

Screenshot%202020-08-05%20at%209.30.03%20pm
joined Nov 21, 2019

As others explained, Rei was at a type disadvantage against the slime and had also lost a lot of her mp from making those walls to try to contain it.

As for why she went into the forest; you'll find out soon. All I'll say is that it has something to do with the slime.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That was most assuredly the dere part, yes.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Development? in MY tsundere?

17862791_1495602197151021_8222829330647011179_n[1]
joined Jun 22, 2013

Also they go a lot more into Rei later and basically the entire series is intended to be a lot more metaphorical for coming out in Japan and the absolutely shit gay people get treated like in Japan

That would be great...if it wasn't for Shador posting that major spoiler twist that somehow makes this a entire sci-fi story with gods, clones, and timeloops kinda making the message pretty damn pointless cause they retroactively changed that...and I don't believe that was the intention of the writer considering that spoiler was written years later afterwards. In the context of the story anyway. Obviously in real life yeah Japan has major freaking issues.

...I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, but I'm also absolutely sure that none of that stuff is in the original story.

The spoilers in question are from the current arc of the WN. Don't think the LN's there yet

And yeah retconning the first novel into yuri Xenogears kinda ruins its original message and themes. Author should've just left well enough alone imo

last edited at Mar 24, 2021 7:54PM

joined Mar 24, 2021

The WN has two seasons (don't remember if that is how they're called but that's what I'm going with). The first one was originally an end to the whole thing and had a bunch of epilogues and extra chapters and was all around perfect IMO.
I looked at some overviews for season 2 and it seemed to have some plot lines (such as the ones talked about in the spoilers above) that I didn't particularly care to read, so I decided to stop at season 1 and leave it at that in my head. People did seem to like season 2, so it may still be very good. I'm overall happy with my decision to stop though. Season 1 was a great, self contained yuri story. Considering the pace that the manga is coming out, I seriously doubt we'll ever get to see the contents of season 2 in manga form anyways.

Electric%20(1)
joined Jul 15, 2020

The Dere is showing! I repeat, the Dere is showing! This is not a drill, THE DERE IS SHOWING!!

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

She pulled an undertale with that menu choice.

To reply you must either login or sign up.