Forum › Posts by edac

joined Mar 24, 2021

Patiently waiting for tl...

SHES CRYINGGGG

Ok my Japanese is not the best and there are a few sentences I don't fully understand so take this with a grain of salt but I believe this is more or less what happens.

Hey. You want to take my place and translate it?

I'm losing patience with people who can't wait a few hours and spoil left and right.

I'm taking the time to redraw the SFX, so it takes a bit of time. Wait, instead of trying to be smart.

Hey sorry, I wasn't trying to step on your toes. Wasn't aware posting half baked attempts at translation were some kind of faux pass. From my perspective there was a large enough of a gap between whatever ramblings I wrote and your final product that my post seemed of little importance. I respect and appreciate the hell of what you do, especially considering how time consuming all the redrawing stuff is and how quickly you put stuff out. I took my post down.

joined Mar 24, 2021

Good that they talked about the nail polish.
A lot of readers had been mentioning it: piercings aren't a big deal, but the polish? Gotta be hella hard putting it on and removing it every single day!

Does she work at the record store every single day?
Hopefully she only puts it on like thrice a week or something.

joined Mar 24, 2021

The Villainess System said to lock Elsa in a room for an entire hour, yet when Yvonne looks at the timer, it says only 28-ish minutes are left.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/please_bully_me_miss_villainess_ch05#7
Later, Yvonne notes that time has gone by much faster than she expected (ch. 5, pg. 12).
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/please_bully_me_miss_villainess_ch05#12
Did the Villainess System let them out early, or am I reading too much into this?

The way I read it was that Yvone was enjoying her time with Elsa so much that time seemed to slip by, Not that the time or the counter itself was literally moving faster.

joined Mar 24, 2021

I honestly think she already knows her friend is taiga, probably always has.

joined Mar 24, 2021

Is this a love triangle? The cover on Anime-Planet (https://www.anime-planet.com/manga/a-lan-doesnt-know-how-to-fall-in-love) at least makes me doubt.

That seems to be a screenshot of a page in the first chapter, that scene happens entirely inside the protag's head, so I imagine the answer to your question is no.

joined Mar 24, 2021

Was this dropped by the author?

joined Mar 24, 2021

Any update on this?

edac
joined Mar 24, 2021

Which couple will get together first? Saki and Chika or Tsukishi and Hinoka from "Rejected in a Dream"? Place your bets now!

Right now the author in "Rejected in a Dream" seems to post a lot more regularly than this one (we still hasn't caught up to the raws with this one). My bet is on Tsukushi and Hinoka as long as the last chapter's debacle doesn't discourage the author of "Rejected in a Dream" from posting as regularly.

Wait, what happened?

Rejected in a dream's author posted a chapter involving a creepo in a train unhooking Hinoka's bra and Tsukushi jumping in to protect her. Chapter received backlash and author decided to delete it.

edac
joined Mar 24, 2021

Which couple will get together first? Saki and Chika or Tsukishi and Hinoka from "Rejected in a Dream"? Place your bets now!

Right now the author in "Rejected in a Dream" seems to post a lot more regularly than this one (we still hasn't caught up to the raws with this one). My bet is on Tsukishi and Hinoka as long as the last chapter's debacle doesn't discourage the author of "Rejected in a Dream" from posting as regularly.

joined Mar 24, 2021

I think I managed to see the continuation (at least it was marked 2/2). It was after they both left the train and Tsukushi seemed to comfort Hinoka and hug her, with some blushing during the hug, I think there was mention to the bra being unhooked which may have been what prompted the blushing. My Japanese is terrible though and I only know very few kanjis, so I may be completely off base with what happened. I also only skimmed it sadly, as I was waiting on the translation. Sad to read it was taken down though understandable, I suppose.

last edited at Aug 25, 2021 6:54PM

joined Mar 24, 2021

Damn my sister is my rival ⊙_⊙

This chapter wasn't super clear, I think (I had to read it twice). The sister is not a rival. The girl with the pony tail is a new character.

joined Mar 24, 2021

New chap uploaded on the author's twitter!
(I may or may not have been checking multiple times a day for it, lol)

joined Mar 24, 2021

New raw in the author's twitter :D.

edac
Image Comments 03 Aug 13:11
joined Mar 24, 2021
E7rcsyivcaag79s-orig

^ There was some foreshadowing for Raine though. Not super overt but there was a picture of Eda interlocking arms with them during their Hexide days last season,

joined Mar 24, 2021

but what happened to Ise-san’s dog?????? Haha

I think it was stated that it was a family dog.

joined Mar 24, 2021

"Plus they're the perfect size to be hugged!"
"I dunno they're a lot bigger than you, Shima."

Could be implying body pillow is too big for Shima, could be implying Shima is the perfect size to be hugged...

last edited at Jun 20, 2021 1:15AM

edac
joined Mar 24, 2021

"Publish and be damned!"

Not really replying to this comment specifically, just wanted to mention that I have been following Yuri stories for about 10, maybe 13 years at least at this point. There was a time, when I used to lurk all the comment sections and Yuri forums (whatever that even was, haha). Back then, it seemed like there wasn't any yuri manga for which The Purple Library Guy hadn't commented or participated in the discussion in some sort of meaningful, insightful manner. You were everywhere! Nowadays, I usually just read the stories and rarely venture to comment sections (I don't have nearly as much time as I used to, sadly). For whatever reason I decided to check this one and I was pleasantly surprised to see the same avatar and username I remember from like 10 years ago. Sounds silly but it brought back a bunch of memories of that time. As far as I am concerned, you sir, are as much a staple of the genre as the yuri itself, and would like to thank you for some of the insight and recommendations that my younger self undoubtedly got from you.

joined Mar 24, 2021

The WN has two seasons (don't remember if that is how they're called but that's what I'm going with). The first one was originally an end to the whole thing and had a bunch of epilogues and extra chapters and was all around perfect IMO.
I looked at some overviews for season 2 and it seemed to have some plot lines (such as the ones talked about in the spoilers above) that I didn't particularly care to read, so I decided to stop at season 1 and leave it at that in my head. People did seem to like season 2, so it may still be very good. I'm overall happy with my decision to stop though. Season 1 was a great, self contained yuri story. Considering the pace that the manga is coming out, I seriously doubt we'll ever get to see the contents of season 2 in manga form anyways.