Forum › The Demon Girl Next Door discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

^ Looks like she simply misspelled nemesis there, as far as I can tell.

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

Its great to see Momo getting rid of all that baggage but I hope she realizes Shamiko is now carrying it instead.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I suppose wanting to pick up a girl is as good a reason as any for going to the gym...

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Now that we know that momo is Ukranien she seems awfully slight

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Happy birthday Momo! Rereading this series now really makes me appreciate how these plot lines that we’ve only learned about just now were being subtley woven in ever since chapter 1. This manga has a lot of reread value, there’s so much you pick up on the second time around.

last edited at Mar 25, 2021 8:25PM

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

She just wants to bridal carry Momo :3

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

Oooo Momo's either disappointed that she failed or jealous that her wife went out with other girls without telling her anything, perhaps BOTH?

joined Jul 6, 2020

That comment wondering if Suika really is the enemy is interesting, I’m also wondering if cleaning out all the gunk in her heart would work...

But, she’s been a genocidal demon killer for a while now, there’s really no way to forgive that. I can’t see her ever being incorporated into the friend group all casually. Especially with Momo’s trauma from her. Honestly, after what Momo did to her, is she even a human(?) anymore?

We did see from the flashback Metako showed that Suika was allied with Sakura at least once, and that she seemed to like Sakura a lot, so I wonder if Sakura’s core being inside Shamiko will be an important component in this conflict.

One last thing, throughout this chapter we saw what were presumably internal monologue bubbles with a light colored border, is that Sakura speaking a few words to Shamiko here and there? Back when we met Sakura inside Shamiko’s subconsciousness she spoke using similar looking text bubbles...

This kinda reminds me of Avatar, where Aang was faced with confronting Ozai and whether to kill him or not.

joined Jul 6, 2020

Also the towering philosophical Shamiko dwarfing the good and evil Shamiko was hilarious

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

Oooo Momo's either disappointed that she failed or jealous that her wife went out with other girls without telling her anything, perhaps BOTH?

100% jealous.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I think we should be grateful that Mikan is on the good side, that mentality is not appropiate for Kirara lo/ a shot through the brain... Use the ultimate magic GUN!

As always, the comedy mixed with serious plot on this work is on another lvl.

I hope the anime (an eventual s3) does justice to the Onsen part... Let's say 5 minutes of it.

joined Sep 13, 2018

That comment wondering if Suika really is the enemy is interesting, I’m also wondering if cleaning out all the gunk in her heart would work...

But, she’s been a genocidal demon killer for a while now, there’s really no way to forgive that. I can’t see her ever being incorporated into the friend group all casually. Especially with Momo’s trauma from her. Honestly, after what Momo did to her, is she even a human(?) anymore?

We did see from the flashback Metako showed that Suika was allied with Sakura at least once, and that she seemed to like Sakura a lot, so I wonder if Sakura’s core being inside Shamiko will be an important component in this conflict.

One last thing, throughout this chapter we saw what were presumably internal monologue bubbles with a light colored border, is that Sakura speaking a few words to Shamiko here and there? Back when we met Sakura inside Shamiko’s subconsciousness she spoke using similar looking text bubbles...

This kinda reminds me of Avatar, where Aang was faced with confronting Ozai and whether to kill him or not.

I was thinking the same thing about avatar and they probably will make it in a way they dont have to kill her since its kirara manga.

Having full succubi shamiko was a blast , i truly wanna see her with wings in canon

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Mmmm, post-parfait ramen...

0ee2c60a-7956-404b-9118-b3d2a41bdeae
joined Dec 7, 2020

I’d never thought there’d be such deep and dark lore for a comedy 4koma. For how cute and funny this manga is, it’s pretty damn loaded. If this series ever gets one, it’s gonna have one hell of a season 3

last edited at Apr 8, 2021 7:20AM

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

I was thinking the same thing about avatar and they probably will make it in a way they dont have to kill her since its kirara manga.

As if that has stopped the author before.

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

Having full succubi shamiko was a blast , i truly wanna see her with wings in canon

Even if there's no way to resolve her issues, being able to neutralize her with a "My god what have I done" type thing would reduce the danger to everyone

joined Jul 30, 2020

I think we should be grateful that Mikan is on the good side, that mentality is not appropiate for Kirara lo/ a shot through the brain... Use the ultimate magic GUN!

I am reminded of the ending to Wizards:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT9pWUmrimU

Xdff
joined Jul 16, 2017

By using rule of 3, we can calculate that Shamiko will gain 7,43 kilograms aprox if they repeat the process of gym/parfait in the lapse of 30 days

Ltjidvbbiqp71
joined Jul 22, 2018

Shamiko really should have asked why Momo had fallen. On the other hand, if she noticed such things, she would have made sure Momo knew another event was starting, and she wouldn't have shown Momo a picture of everyone except Momo having a good time.

Meanwhile, instead of indicating that she's hurt, Momo becomes a tyrant against the girl who hurt her feelings and who she literally loves more than life itself.

A ridiculous couple, but even more hilarious if they ever actually come together. Momo + Shamiko = exponential increase in idiocy.

Their friends need to lock the two of them in a room without windows and tell them they can't come out until both are stupid in the same way.

last edited at Apr 8, 2021 6:39PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Lilpha posted:

I am reminded of the ending to Wizards:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT9pWUmrimU

You Still Rely On MAGIC?

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

I appreciate that this chapter built on last chapter’s Hegel joke without drawing any attention to what it was doing. Love me some good dialectic humor.

Areyougonnatouchem-17sq
joined Jan 27, 2019

Just binged through this in the last two days, where I'd previously read maybe 1.5 volumes and watched half the anime of that, and been quite charmed by it. I figured I could use a sweet and light comedy to read just now.

Ha HA ha ha ha.

Good lord, things have gotten deep and dark. And very, very good. Random thoughts:

The fact that the power and scope of the wishes that demon defeating tickets can grant seem to be limited only by how many demons you seal/kill and how powerful (or at least, how emphatically targeted by the light clan) those "targets" were makes Suika (or, for that matter, any dedicated magical girl with a sure sense of her own righteousness) very scary indeed.

My theory of the incident that led to Momo's return as just shown, based on what we have and haven't seen: Sakura discovered what Suika was doing, and sent Momo away to keep her out of the crossfire, using Joshua's abilities to heal/edit her memories. The subsequent confrontation with Suika went very badly, leading to Joshua volunteering to be sealed in order to get Sakura enough "tickets" to be able to stop Suika; she buried the reward and gave box!Joshua to Shamiko's mom, only to be ambushed and reduced to her core, in which form she could only limp to the hospital and implant herself into Shamiko. Suika then manipulated Momo back to town, to try to finish up.

With any luck, I'm terribly wrong in a number of key elements.

Serenata said:

It's probably worth remembering that even though she's a magical girl, she's a sniper. Her arrows work on the same sort of distance as high-powered rifles.

Ltjidvbbiqp71
joined Jul 22, 2018

Shami got the documents by projecting into reality!

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Legal docu-work. My natural enemy.

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

What if we became roommates?

haha, jk... unless?

To reply you must either login or sign up.