Forum › Useless Princesses discussion

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

Well at least they didn't start avoiding each other, and they both aired things out. I'm kinda hopeful for the next chapter.

i was a bit surprised by how forceful kuro was.

Herosandroiii
joined Jan 16, 2020

Maho is an antagonistic bitch, so I love to see that scared and confused look on her face, hehe :d

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Lol. I just can't.

20200119_124434
joined Jan 19, 2020

Ah yes, anxiety. The doom of our yuri

joined Apr 6, 2013

Jesus christ girl. There is putting someone on a pedestal and then there is just straight up dehumanizing them.

Shining light? The fuck you smoking?

Imageedit_11_5472942776
joined Apr 30, 2018

ahh pain.

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

I mean, this inferiority complex bs was expected from the start, but it’s still annoying. I feel bad for fujishiro having to deal with this shit. I wouldn’t mind if the series actually explored the character’s inferiority complex and shows how she overcomes it. But that won’t happen. It’ll prob be a couple chapters of pointless drama and then them becoming a couple at the end

One thing I can agree with eyebrow chan on is that fujishiro and butch chan make a better couple

last edited at Mar 6, 2021 5:00AM

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

Glasses have returned. Why? What does that mean?

Those are yuri googles and it foreshadows a gay ass ending

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

This girls have more issues than an One Piece manga Collection.

joined Jun 12, 2015

This is so hilarious. I can't take it seriously anymore.

joined May 24, 2014

*Cue scene of ui smashing a wall out of sheer anger

Tsubaki%20school%20zone
joined Apr 6, 2020

I actually love how over the top the drama scenes are in this series, it's so funny lmao

Poor Fujishiro, though. Imagine confessing to someone and them telling you that you're too out of their league. That's almost some incel-type bullshit

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

(Ch 32) IDK man, I’m not at all exhausted or disappointed by this development. We’ve been in a “Fujishiro discovers she’s gay for Kurokawa” arc for a while, but it’s been central from the very beginning that Kurokawa sees herself as inherently unworthy and incapable of being a shining lead in her own life’s story. I always thought the next arc was gonna be, “Kurokawa sorts out her shit,” and I think this was an interesting start.

Regarding the melodrama, I think it’s fucking great. If you look past how over-the-top it is, the feelings being described are fairly compelling and all make sense—it’s just a much better way of doing the, “and now I will monologue for a page about What I Am Currently Feeling (And My Backstory For Why I Feel It).” Honestly, it has a certain Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure quality to it where I can just go along with the hamminess. Love it.

last edited at Mar 6, 2021 6:06AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The interesting thing about this chapter is, if you really think about what Kurokawa said, she essentially confessed right there as well, but her inferiority complex keeps her thinking they shouldn't be together.

Herosandroiii
joined Jan 16, 2020

(Ch 32) IDK man, I’m not at all exhausted or disappointed by this development. We’ve been in a “Fujishiro discovers she’s gay for Kurokawa” arc for a while, but it’s been central from the very beginning that Kurokawa sees herself as inherently unworthy and incapable of being a shining lead in her own life’s story. I always thought the next arc was gonna be, “Kurokawa sorts out her shit,” and I think this was an interesting start.

Regarding the melodrama, I think it’s fucking great. If you look past how over-the-top it is, the feelings being described are fairly compelling and all make sense—it’s just a much better way of doing the, “and now I will monologue for a page about What I Am Currently Feeling (And My Backstory For Why I Feel It).” Honestly, it has a certain Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure quality to it where I can just go along with the hamminess. Love it.

I never thought, that a yuri manga could be compared in some aspects to Jojo xD

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

Bye guys cya in 3 weeks

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

This chapter's last several panels felt like being ran over by a bus.

last edited at Apr 4, 2021 8:08AM

joined Mar 6, 2021

So we got both 1) Kurokawa "I don't deserve you" reaction and 2) evil girls see them kiss.

I guess the glasses returned as a way to hint that Kurokawa would be holding on to her past self. I thought that could be the case, but was still hoping that she could break them at the conversation's climax as a dramatic/symbolic overcoming of the past.

I love angst so this suits me just fine, but dammnnn Kurokawa is a beast. Milking Fujishiro for an extended confession just so she can turn her down and bathe in self-hate in front of her.

I guess we'll see some bullying from Miki, but it'll be interesting to see who she will target. Fujishiro who will already be a mess or Kurokawa who will love the punishment?

Anyway, looking forward to more angst chapters (may be a good idea to change some of the series' tags so people know what they're getting into) and thanks so much for the quick translation!

last edited at Mar 6, 2021 6:41AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

One can only hope that Fujishiro has the strength and faith in her own feelings to stay there and assure Kurokawa that, yes, she does deserve her.

joined Jan 13, 2019

ultimately this makes sense. kurokawa has repressed her inferiority complex this entire time rather than actually addressing it. those feelings just bubbled over finally.

the number of layers to this is incredible, though. there's kurokawa's inferiority complex and self-hatred, but there's also the knowledge that ui confessed to fujishiro and fujishiro turned her down. knowing that she's the reason why, kurokawa adds that guilt and regret onto the pyre as fuel justifying her opinion beyond the personal insecurities. kurokawa's mind is a damn gordian knot right now and it's either gonna take a big sword or a skilled hand to undo the whole thing

last edited at Mar 6, 2021 6:56AM

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Glasses have returned. Why? What does that mean?

As others have mentioned before, a makeover can symbolise a character coming out of their shell, becoming more extroverted and self-confident. Hence, Kurokawa wearing her glasses again might be a way of showing that she is reverting to her old self. It's as though she is denying her right to be pretty (not saying that she isn't pretty with glasses of course) the same way she is denying her right to be with Fujishiro.
So I guess going by this logic it isn't really a good thing, but... honestly my thoughts were "hell yeah, bring back the glasses!" haha

C1147d3190ae4c0815cc862bce35952975d3857e072e7b6bef6e34b56d95dd83
joined Nov 12, 2017

yes! inferiority complex is finally being addressed!! (pr was right, this was defiantly a long time coming)

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

Holy shit, that was some Sonic speed translation. Thanks for the chapter!

Anyways, I saw it coming. I wish it wasn't the case, but it was. I'm just glad they didn't beat around the bush for a conversation about what happened there. Feel bad for Nanaki tho; she didn't even get an answer to her question.

ParasyticGhoul
Smell_1
joined Dec 5, 2016

This is fucking sadge AF.

To reply you must either login or sign up.