Forum › Can't Defy the Lonely Girl discussion

joined Feb 1, 2021

I can almost hear the axe being sharpned...

I hate this meme... but it feels alarmingly accurate to what's going on here

Pfp
joined Aug 12, 2017

Why? Out of nowhere her mother appears and is written to be the most bland one-dimensional bitch parent to exist, at least you got your artificial melodrama now... Sasuga Kashikaze, superb writing.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

I knew what would happen since I saw the mother appearing at the end of the last chapter. I did not know how over-the-top it will be. Brutal slap on page 3, provoked by literally two short sentences on the part of Sora...

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

This chapter is basically the school life yuri manga equivalent to a mapping series' last few episodes in terms of narrative tension and tropes.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Meh, I am not a fan of the obtrusive parent trope, not that I don't understand the main characteristic of one of the characters (the isolated personality in this case) has to come from somewhere, and that this sort of thing is not rare in Japan. But still...

However, this could be different depending on how said parent is treated beyond being "the end boss" to beat.

dmitry106 Uploader
Subtext Only Translations
joined Nov 24, 2020

Not much hope looking at this for similar subversions to the last "obstacle" girl.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Some people’s parents are really like this. We don’t see much of her but the mom is reasonably realistic to me.

76047650-352-k633682
joined Jul 17, 2015

I’m not necessarily against the abusive parent thing, it’s just cartoonish here. This feels really rushed and soap opera-esque. Plus it happened just in time to interrupt the big confession lmao. Just feels trashy

Herosandroiii
joined Jan 16, 2020

Some people’s parents are really like this. We don’t see much of her but the mom is reasonably realistic to me.

Exactly. I seriously don't understand why people keeps saying, that she's cartoonish, when she isn't really -_-

joined Aug 29, 2019

So I guess, at least for the time being, this took the most tedious "plot twist" it could have at this point, and in a really uninspired way, too...

Meh.

Riinu
joined Jun 10, 2019

Ayaka's pout after being denied by Sora's mother was so adorable

joined Feb 23, 2016

The mom should just perish

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Bruh and just when things were going well for the two

joined Jan 14, 2020

Abusive parents certainly exist, but it's the creator's choice to insert one here suddenly.

Not everything realistic makes for a good story.

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

I wish that the story made more build up for the abusive mother instead of just having her appear.

Also, I swear to god that if Ayaka says that she only wants to be Sora's very best friend then I will lose my shit.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

GO GETCHA GIRL!

Sucks about the abusive mom tho. Hits close to home.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

I wish that the story made more build up for the abusive mother instead of just having her appear.

yes i agree, i don't disapprove the appearence of her mother, because it can explain why sora is the way she is, due to parental abuse, but the author could have worked with that through the chapters, not slamming in just one chapter in our faces like that

joined Apr 7, 2016

I knew what would happen since I saw the mother appearing at the end of the last chapter. I did not know how over-the-top it will be. Brutal slap on page 3, provoked by literally two short sentences on the part of Sora...

I know some parents are like this, but within the context of the story, it felt like it came from left-field. I knew the mother was going to be overbearing and controlling, but I was expecting a "watch your attitude and don't talk back to me, young lady" kind of mother, not a backhand slap just because Sora said it was too sudden and unfair.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

yes i agree, i don't disapprove the appearence of her mother, because it can explain why sora is the way she is, due to parental abuse, but the author could have worked with that through the chapters, not slamming in just one chapter in our faces like that

Agreed, that's my issue with her, she's just so sudden. Fairly realistic, sure; but in the context of the story, she just feels... conveniently inconvenient lol.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

this was a particulary bad week if im being honest. "even if it was just once i regret it" ended the last chapter of nettaigyo made me went through the 5 stages of grief and now this

last edited at Feb 26, 2021 6:34PM

A8eb27cb4a70a5-a-nw-p
joined Feb 17, 2020

Good luck to Ayaka, Sora's mom seems like a horrible person

last edited at Mar 30, 2021 6:10PM

Screen%20shot%202020-05-04%20at%2010.17.35%20pm
joined Jul 1, 2015

the way this transformed into shonen manga. ayaka fight-o!

also while an "abusive mother just appeared" it makes sense that an abusive mother would leave a child alone for months at a time and not care whether or not they make it to school

last edited at Feb 26, 2021 7:17PM

I was just about to say how the mom is a total milf.. and then she slaps Sora which De-Milfs her. Also, I feel the end drawing near. I really hope I’m wrong because I would like to see a series where the MCs finally confirm their feelings for each other and then see how their relationship progresses.

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

Ooh... I think we are getting into the climax of the story now.

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

I was just about to say how the mom is a total milf.. and then she slaps Sora which De-Milfs her. Also, I feel the end drawing near. I really hope I’m wrong because I would like to see a series where the MCs finally confirm their feelings for each other and then see how their relationship progresses.

I hope so too.

To reply you must either login or sign up.