Forum › Nomura Nao and Kyougoku Hina discussion

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I should mention the Kiss Hina gave Nao was implied to have been Familial, being a callback to how she kisses her family members. So, although this is just subtext a Yuri Author put in to sprinkle their work, it does play into that theme of familial love

Yeah I understand this as well. The affection shown is set up as the type of physical affection she shows for her family, and the familial contact the other girl longed for. So I understand why the friends angle is what the author was aiming for. Still interesting how it's easy to perceive this Yuri without the author's afterword.

Edit:

Yeah, that kiss can easily be read as Yuri but remember that Hina kisses her family members, too, so the scene was tryna implicate how Nao is her family

Ah I was probably typing this last comment of mine when you were submitting this, so I didn't see it until after submitting my own comment. I agree with you, and understand that's the built up narrative the author was aiming for, it's smart in my opinion even if I'd like them to be involved romantically.

The Mangaka is a Yuri Author, after all, so you could argue it's either habitual or there to help spice up the story through cute undertones

Yeah that's part of what I was saying to Dayer, people like myself in part expected Yuri because of the author. I've been following them for awhile on Twitter, and they're great.

last edited at Feb 21, 2021 10:25PM

joined Feb 21, 2021

hi! author here. i should have said it on Twitter with more context, Nao and Hina are best friends at the end but how their relationship will turn romantic or familial is up to your imagination. i meant that "i" prefer they stay friends but thats just my opinion.
Anyways, thank you for all the support<3 it means so much to me. (sorry for my poor English)

last edited at Feb 21, 2021 10:24PM

joined Sep 27, 2017

hi! author here. i should have said it on Twitter with more context, Nao and Hina are best friends at the end but how their relationship will turn romantic or familial is up to your imagination. i meant that "i" prefer they stay friends but thats just my opinion.
Anyways, thank you for all the support<3 it means so much to me. (sorry for my poor English)

Thanks for the comment, and your English is great! I understand the desire to have them be friends, and the way you built up the narrative is fantastic. Thank you so much for this amazing story, and your fantastic art!

Edit: Also apologies if I was rude at all, I definitely did not intend to be.

last edited at Feb 21, 2021 10:41PM

Discordavi
Dayer
joined Jun 26, 2018

I have confirmed on twitter this is indeed Chariot-san. I'll leave the tags as is for now, but might change it again based on this new info and what people decide.

joined Sep 27, 2017

I have confirmed on twitter this is indeed Chariot-san. I'll leave the tags as is for now, but might change it again based on this new info and what people decide.

I think it should entirely depend on what the author wants, if they reach out again or if you could get some confirmation from them about the tags. I genuinely wish to respect the author's wishes, and their intended vision for the story. I was giving some thoughts and opinions on my preferences, and I feel bad that the author came here to clarify that the story is open to reader interpretation. As I said, I definitely don't mind it when authors are clear cut about their intended vision, and I have no desire to change anything based on my preferences and/or wishes/desires.

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

this is so freaking cute (except for the abusive fam part)
i just love the older reliable sister type

Also the part where the toddler just randomly held up poop in his hand unlocked a deeply repressed memory of a niece left alone for a couple mins with a freshly used kitty litter box
:< why

joined Jul 1, 2020

This is a masterpiece!

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Ok that big bro is dead. cracking knuckles
Nao doesn't have to do anything. Someone point me in the direction of Toudai, I'll take care of things. ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'̵͇̿̿з=( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿

Dynasty9
joined Aug 21, 2016

This is definitely going to be one of my favorites.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

In spite of the dark tag and subject matter, this was actually really cute and funny! The whole scene of Hina chasing Nao was like the epitome of laugh-crying. I think I could relate to most of the characters in this, too. And what gorgeous and expressive art! Pheww.

Amazing story, and what a wonderful job on the translation. This is the kind of thing that got me into manga in the first place, it's way too rare. Thanks so much for sharing!

Edit: and go follow Chariot!

last edited at Feb 22, 2021 12:24AM

joined Sep 27, 2017

In spite of the dark tag and subject matter, this was actually really cute and funny! The whole scene of Hina chasing Nao was like the epitome of laugh-crying. I think I could relate to most of the characters in this, too. And what gorgeous and expressive art! Pheww.

Amazing story, and what a wonderful job on the translation. This is the kind of thing that got me into manga in the first place, it's way too rare. Thanks so much for sharing!

Edit: and go follow Chariot!

Yeah the author is absolutely incredible, and they're definitely worth a follow on Twitter. I'd also highly recommend the event link in their bio, that's their main OC couple.

Oh and if the author is okay with it, I'd love to see more of their works translated in the future! I think they'd easily become an instant Dynasty community favorite.

last edited at Feb 22, 2021 12:39AM

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

This is so cute and so wholesome. Maybe instead of just friends they become more like sisters? It's also amazing that no matter how much Nao went through she still stopped to help Hina carry her brother. I think the first step in getting close was that act. The kind hearted people attracted each other to form a close bond.

Ok enough wholesomeness now I need stories to satisfy my edgelord self jk jk

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

This is a really cute read oh my god

Its perfect as it is, but it would be great if it got a sequel that sort of addressed the fact they're slowly becoming girlfriends though im still happy with how this ended, so cute and so emotional too

joined Mar 8, 2016

I also loved the art style, and all of the lived-in details of Kyougoku-san's family. "Found family" stories can be really inspiring.

Is there a good way to support the author? Especially since they've been so kind as to interact with us about their story. Can we buy this as a doujin or something?

Oh, and I can't help but wonder about Kyougoku-san's father. Since she has such a big family, their mother was obviously together (and intimate) with her dad for a long time. And since the family is so close and joyful, it stands to reason that the house has always been filled with love. It's sad to think that he died young, but it's sadder to think that he abandoned them. At least in my opinion.

Ava%20baby
joined May 5, 2013

I'm so happy my family isn't like this.

Although I may have gone through less pain after high school. It wouldn't be worth it.

Great one-shot anyway, and really loved the art.

Fc30b8c18898ba98167bd0db444c72ba-compressed
joined Sep 25, 2020

Damn that family is sick.

I'm glad that she's happy.

last edited at Feb 22, 2021 2:43AM

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

I agreed to cleaning this before reading it.
I cried a lot...

Y5
joined Jul 23, 2020

this is a great read. had me crying and wishing for that kind of family as well.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The violence didn't really get addressed, because it was less about the dysfunctionnal Nomura family than about finding a definition of what a "real" family is.

It also built on the purely Japanese trope that the 3 years in High-school are a special time, where anything can happen and is the moment you can change your life.

I think the physical violence in the end was unneeded and the author could have gone differently about it, because it leaves too many holes about how Japanese society works.

But the ending was sweet, I'll give you that.

Chibi%20flustered%20shizuku%20giving%20eris%20a%20bento
joined Jun 19, 2020

i teared up while reading this. what a beautiful story and i love the message. “family isnt about blood, but love.” T-T

Kanadechan%20sxdvfgbn
joined May 24, 2017

This is one of the best oneshot I have ever read. Great art, great story and story telling.

Dashing
joined Nov 19, 2018

That was really Godly. Absolutely satisfying.

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

This is the good stuff.

joined May 24, 2019

i teared up while reading this. what a beautiful story and i love the message. “family isnt about blood, but love.” T-T

Well according to old Chinese/Japanese tradition blood isn't that important anyway.
A correct-thinking person would say: “family isn't about blood, but family registers.”
lol

joined Sep 27, 2017

I think the physical violence in the end was unneeded and the author could have gone differently about it, because it leaves too many holes about how Japanese society works.

Ah so just like actual physical violence that's unneeded, and happens all the time within families in real life. Which I personally think this one-shot depicted realistically. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "leaves too many holes about how Japanese society works", but the physical violence is something that I'm glad the author is bringing attention to, because I don't think a lot of people realize just how common physical violence in families is. It's a very real problem that needs to be brought to attention more often.

last edited at Feb 22, 2021 10:20AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.