Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Do they ever explain WHY the prez is so bad ass? :D

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Is this a berserk reference? Nice

joined May 24, 2014

Her father trained her in all sort of stuff in order to be the perfect daugther or something. Also, that HAND!

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018
Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

That's the power of love!

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

That thing was too big to be called a sword.
Too big, too thick, too heavy, and too rough, it was more like a large hunk of iron.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Too big, too thick, too heavy, and too rough, it was more like a large hunk of iron.

If it has a long metal blade and cuts, it’s a sword. Not a good sword, mind, but a sword,

Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

If it has a long metal blade and cuts, it’s a sword. Not a good sword, mind, but a sword,

I think he was quoting berserk.

joined Sep 13, 2018

I still think the blonde is the daughter of a yakuza group , she knows how to fight and use swords + she's scary as f*ck when angry

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Lol at page 6-7 Tatsubon just loves finding some excuse to draw a hard boiled action panel!

Either as Valkyrie or herself, Nikaidou always looks so bad ass in scenes like that :)

last edited at Feb 15, 2021 11:59PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I still think the blonde is the daughter of a yakuza group , she knows how to fight and use swords + she's scary as f*ck when angry

@felino Its possible- But im more inclinded to just think very rich family- they made her learn all that stuff including self defense incase she was kidnapped or whatever- if she is heiress to some super wealthy family/business - you often see that in anime.

I think a yakuza boss daughter would always have scarey men in black suits trailing her lol. And she would have less honor/morals than she does.

last edited at Feb 16, 2021 12:04AM

Hj
joined May 3, 2020

burning rage from Dancouga intensifies

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

If it has a long metal blade and cuts, it’s a sword. Not a good sword, mind, but a sword.

I'm down with that, but there's no way that thing is made of metal. It's obviously a cardboard sword. The guy who said he had "forged" it was full of shit, he was just trying to look cool in front of Nikaidou.

Hj
joined May 3, 2020

If it has a long metal blade and cuts, it’s a sword. Not a good sword, mind, but a sword.

I'm down with that, but there's no way that thing is made of metal. It's obviously a cardboard sword. The guy who said he had "forged" it was full of shit, he was just trying to look cool in front of Nikaidou.

Nikaidou has been established as strong enough to use a metal sword that size. She threw a guy into a brick wall so hard he left a crater.

last edited at Feb 16, 2021 1:35AM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Nikaidou has been established as strong enough to use a metal sword that size. She threw a guy into a brick wall so hard he left a crater.

guys that was a berserk reference,

last edited at Feb 16, 2021 1:46AM

Aaaaaaaaa
joined May 2, 2012

guys that was a berserk reference,

LOL

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Lol at page 6-7 Tatsubon just loves finding some excuse to draw a hard boiled action panel!

Either as Valkyrie or herself, Nikaidou always looks so bad ass in scenes like that :)

This story is cute, but honestly what makes it special is the style and artwork. That last full page panel could stand toe to toe with an action scene taken out of most of the top Shonen manga.

last edited at Feb 16, 2021 3:13AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Problem solved. :D

Nako
joined Oct 12, 2013

This is just a fun tribute to Berserk, that dialogue in particular is from the scene where Godor the old blacksmith told to Guts how he forged Dragon Slayer...

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@ White Rose not cardboard- it was obviously very heavy still from how she carried it- but your right, obviously he didnt 'forge' it - also since ^ it appears to be an anime quote too.

My guess for something suitably strong and easy enough for a highschooler would be wood. Take a really big plank of wood and cut and carve it in the woodworking dep till you get a sword blade, and insert a metal rod into for the handle. It would also still be hard enough to cut through that paper mache ball.

It could also be paper mache molding with a wooden core for strength i guess.

last edited at Feb 16, 2021 1:09PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Although knowing Nikaidou, she would likely be handle it just as easily if it was actually all metal... :D

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

All I have to say about this chapter is lmao

last edited at Feb 16, 2021 7:13AM

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

How this chapter can have such a ridiculous premise, yet still be genuinely super cool at the same time?

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Our mighty valkyrie is amazing. She should dress up as Brunhilde for her girlfriend.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

My guess for something suitably strong and easy enough for a highschooler would be wood. Take a really big plank of wood and cut and carve it in the woodworking dep till you get a sword blade, and insert a metal rod into for the handle. It would also still be hard enough to cut through that paper mache ball.

I think you're right. A wooden blade could be spray-painted chrome and pass as a metal blade, and if the wood is light enough even a big sword can be wielded easily.

One thing, however, is that such a sword would have blunt edges... and cutting the giant ball so cleanly with a blunt blade would be exceedingly difficult.

Unless Nikaidou has already mastered the wuxia technique of infusing qi in her blade, in which case she can cut anything with the sword of the spirit and doesn't care anymore about the stuff her weapon is made of.

To reply you must either login or sign up.