Forum › Yuru Yuri discussion

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

^ Even Nana and Rise. According to Nana, Rise is her "explosion buddy" who helps her with experiments. Rise's clearly very enamored with her, but neither one has said they're actually in a relationship (that we could hear). All according to Namori's master teasing plan.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

To borrow the popular romcom metric of Progress, Yuru Yuri is the equivalent of someone frantically spot-jogging in their apartment during a pandemic. Ridiculous amounts of effort are expended, vast amounts of time invested, big gains obtained (in terms of sales, spinoffs and two anime seasons), many litres of sweat and tears shed, much thirst accumulated, every possible permutation of ships and pairings tried out on a playlist, and all of it without moving one singular inch. Namori's picked out a cozy spot, and she ain't gonna be moving on. This is the woman who collaborated with the staff on Endro, a show where one girl deadass proposes to another, complete with dresses and a party and then everyone pretends like nothing happened next episode. It'll take more than time and logic for her to bend to the petty demands of yuri fans.

(Incidentally, Machikado Mazoku fans are people who expected to see light trotting and are now screaming as we reach the Olympics, AdaShima fans are people looking at a girl trying and failing to give herself a pep-talk in a dressing room twelve hours before the race even begins, YagaKimi fans are people who watched a girl go, "Why am I even running? Hell if I know, but since I'm here, I might as well set a world record."; Bright and Cherry Amnesia fans are people looking at lesbian Usain Bolt trying to remember how to run again, Tadakoro-san fans are people who alternate between cheering for the main ship as it moves like the Flash and weeping when it collapses from anaemia, Euphonium fans are still coming to terms with the fact that there was no race at all, Citrus fans are debating the ethics of doping as long as it gets you first place, Yamada and Kase fans are applauding politely as the lead couple trots along an idyllic park, and Nettaigyo fans are high on opium and have locked themselves in a dark room to fiercely debate the meaning of running, locomotion and life itself.)

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Lol- as far as I know they have always had lots of support. Besides himawari and sakurako they are the most canon and obvious ship.

I don't disagree with HimaSaku. They already filled up a marriage certificate. But YuiKyoko, enlighten me please. Lol

Pretty sure elevown was referring to Ayano/Kyouko.

Yup- I guess it wasn't clear but i meant Ayano/Kyouko had always had lots of support and were an obvious ship.

last edited at Nov 11, 2020 8:26PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@Throbelisk By obvious ship I dont mean they are a cannon relationship, but i meant they are as close to cannon as this show gets and thus obviously will attract shipping- because at least ONE of the two of them loves the other.

I would say ANY couple is closer to being cannon when one of the 2 loves the other- even if the other character is unaware. As long as they have not actually been confessed to and turned them down- you can kinda consider it half way to being a real ship yes?

Certainly more so than just pairing 2 characters together when there has been no indication either like the other romantically. Besides Chinatsu's over the top obsession/infatuation with Yui, that isn't really taken seriously anyway, the only other character we KNOW for sure likes another that way Ayano.

Even though we all say himawari and sakurako are an obvious ship- even there it has never been made clear either of them romantically likes the other- its all hints and teasing and maybe just tsundere friends maybe more?

Ayano's is blatently romantic feelings though- even if Kyouko is oblivious. Hence why I say they are the closest to a cannon ship.

last edited at Nov 11, 2020 8:28PM

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Being an Ayano Kyouko shipper is eternal suffering because the author clearly wants Yui Kyouko. Gaaaaah It's so hard to enjoy when it's not the OTP.

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

Just when I was thinking Yui x Kyouko was endgame. These two were so cute together im happy for Ayano and all these shippers that came out of nowhere.

Hey, I've been shipping them together since the very first time Ayano barged in the club room yelling "TOSHINO KYOUKOOO!" a million years ago. It's just that this manga moves at a glacial pace, so I'm rarely around.

Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

I think I ascended when I saw a KyoSaya chapter LET'S GOOOOOO

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Who cares if this manga is never going to actually confirm any of these ships, this counts as progress in my book!

Resize-16053269411166295980ek5qsskwkau7fu
joined Nov 13, 2020

Chitose is also 100% NOT interested in dating Ayano. She WOULD however love to see her with Kyoko. She wouldnt love to fantasize about them together if she wanted to date her!

Actually Chitose has shown a bit of interest on Ayano, but it seems that she prefers to see her happy with the person she is in love with that is Kyoko, putting her feelings aside.
with her having fantasies with them both, she likes yuri, she likes the dinamic Kyoko and Ayano have. She doesn't really show or put much thought on her feelings for Ayano, she just wants her to be happy and help her with everything she can for Ayano to be happy.
If she thinks more of her feelings
I think if given the opportunity of her having her feelings accepted the same way back, she would accept them [this in the case Ayano isn't interested in Kyoko anymore]
That's how i think by the way i see it

last edited at Nov 13, 2020 11:33PM

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Chitose loves Ayano very much. In the same way I think Yui loves Kyouko. It's not quite at the point of romantic love, but there's possibility there that makes me feel fuzzy inside. Pretty much any ship in this series could end up working, and that's what's so great about it. And so frustrating.

last edited at Nov 14, 2020 12:30AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Chapters 33 and 43 now reflect Bakkin's volume releases, including cover pages and a few brief comic pages. You'll find them at the beginning of 33, and the end of 43, respectively. Check those out if you're interested!

Such awe-inspiring dedication, too. Thanks so much to Bakkin for keeping YRYR alive!

last edited at Dec 12, 2020 12:49AM

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

^Thanks, Bakkin!

...So who was this Akari, again?

Ltjidvbbiqp71
joined Jul 22, 2018

Those extras are great and Bakkin is doing God's work.

But it's been a long time since the last chapter and I need intervention for my Yuru Yuri addiction.

last edited at Dec 23, 2020 9:12PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

https://dynasty-scans.com/system/releases/000/030/327/Feedback1.png

I'd love to fill this -- but my feedback would come 8 years too late.

Anyhoo, I'm gonna answer just one question:

Who's my personal best girl?

AKARI-CHAN!!!

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

"Sakurako's eating me out-"
WHAT?!
"Of house and home"
oh

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Such awe-inspiring dedication, too. Thanks so much to Bakkin for keeping YRYR alive!

And doubly so after yesterday. Longtime readers should all check out their latest release post if you haven't already! Amazing work.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Personal favorite ships represented. Thank you Bakkin!

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

And doubly so after yesterday. Longtime readers should all check out their latest release post if you haven't already!

Thank you for the heads-up, Orange Pekoe! I already left my answer.

And I'm so glad we can now read the whole story with no breaks. I completely agree that the closing of the gap is, as I have actually already stated in a previous message, a momentous occasion and a thing to celebrate.

Ltjidvbbiqp71
joined Jul 22, 2018

I hope Ayano's heart doesn't get broken.

I doubt whether Namori has an endgame with the relationships, but if I had money I would bet that if she does, we'll end up with four "friends become girlfriends" pairs: Yui/Kyouko, Ayano/Chitose, Akari/Chinatsu, and (of course) Himawari/Sakurako.

Now we've swung in a chapter from Ayano x Kyouko to Ayano x Chitose.

The two relationships have exactly opposite power dynamics.

I love these girls. They all deserve lifetimes of happiness.

last edited at Mar 2, 2021 11:35AM

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

This is how I'd pair everyone up (though given the nature of this series, I'm a little flexible with it):
Kyoko x Yui
Akari x Chinatsu
Ayano x Chitose
Sakurako x Himawari (I think this one is the most set in stone)

Once again, I stand by this.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

My love for you is like a truck

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

now my pairings:

kyouko x ayano
ayano x chitose
chitose x akari
akari x chinatsu
chinatsu x yui
yui x kyouko
yui x ayano
ayano x himawari
himawari x sakurako
sakurako x kyouko
himawari x ayano
akari x kyouko

and so on
that's why yuru yuri will forever be my favorite yuri

last edited at Feb 11, 2021 9:22PM

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

My love for you is like a truck

I know the line originally comes from the movie Clerks, but I will always think of this.

last edited at Feb 11, 2021 10:20PM

joined Feb 1, 2021

Most of this could have been avoided had Chitose simply taken the time to write "could I borrow your eraser?" rather than just "eraser." But I guess that wouldn't have been as cute, so it's okay.

To reply you must either login or sign up.