Forum › Exchange Diary discussion

TheLubeTube Uploader
Lesbianfiction!
Me-A Scans
joined Jul 27, 2018

I cannot for the fucking life of me find their other links but the artist's postype can be found Here.

joined Apr 16, 2017

So let me get this straight brown hair girl was in love with blonde hair girl but thought it was one sided so she just abruptly stops the diary before letting blonde girl finish and just leaves destroying the friendship in the process as well. This is the kind of forced angst I hate because all brown haired girl had to do was let her friend finish the darn diary to realize it was mutual. Brown hair is a special kind of dense and blondie deserved better anyway

joined Apr 29, 2018

well i'll just imagine that blond girl ended up with cute glasses girl at the end.

last edited at Feb 10, 2021 6:16PM

joined Mar 15, 2015

I was personally hoping that we could at least have seen what was on the last page, even if the narrator had learned that too late to salvage her friendship with the other girl.

Fishy
joined Oct 19, 2020

As much as I dislike those stories of unfulfilled potential if you can't say anything, not even a hint, for what? 5 years? Then someone will probably move on at some point.

Not sure how to interpret one where they were holding hands - did they end up actually dating along the way or was it just a metaphor of how she saw the relationship, with the other girl just being friendly, while she was in love.

last edited at Feb 10, 2021 6:31PM

joined Apr 29, 2018

hum.... i think the pictures are powerful enough to let us guess what could have been written. the fact that we don't know like the narrator leave us with some itche that we can't scratch and i bet that is how she feels.

last edited at Feb 10, 2021 6:23PM

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

So let me get this straight brown hair girl was in love with blonde hair girl but thought it was one sided so she just abruptly stops the diary before letting blonde girl finish and just leaves destroying the friendship in the process as well. This is the kind of forced angst I hate because all brown haired girl had to do was let her friend finish the darn diary to realize it was mutual. Brown hair is a special kind of dense and blondie deserved better anyway

That's possible, but we also got a bunch of lines talking about guys and the brown hair girl saying those entries cut her deeply. It's pretty reasonable for her to come to the conclusion that the blonde-haired girl was straight. Really, the only reason we might not come to that conclusion is it would be anti-climactic and we got a few shots of the blonde crying after she rejected the last page.

You could just as easily say it was the blonde's fault for not confessing sooner or being more upfront, or just saying it when the book was rejected at the end, but there are also plenty of reasons why she might not have done that. This story might rest on a failure to communicate, but the truth is people fail to communicate all the time and there's nothing forced about it.

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

"Idle talk about idols." Clever.

joined Oct 12, 2017

Wait. That's not the end, is it? When does she go and apologize? What happens next?

TheLubeTube Uploader
Lesbianfiction!
Me-A Scans
joined Jul 27, 2018

Really proud of that one, actually.

Fishy
joined Oct 19, 2020

Really, the only reason we might not come to that conclusion

Since blonde is blushing on the very last image, in contrast to the image presented by brown hair narration (holding hands, where only she blushes), I think it's implied that it was mutual.

You could just as easily say it was the blonde's fault

I don't think there is any point in blaming anyone. Blonde was asking about boys, brown hair was replaying about boys. They were faking each other out. The issue is that neither had the guts to take the first step, and that's the cautionary tale of the story. And by the time blonde made a decision, it was too late - brown hair decided to move on and cut ties to not get hurt more. Another cautionary tale I suppose - hail mary at the last minute won't always work, for one reason or another.

last edited at Feb 10, 2021 7:08PM

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Hahahhahahahhahahahhahhahahahhahahabahhahhaha :'D

Hodo%20hodo
joined Apr 11, 2019

big sad

joined Jul 21, 2020

I don't understand a lot of stuff. I don't get blonde girl, was she supposed to be in love with the other? The talk about boys, it was a smokescreen? Was she waiting to last page of the diary to write her confession?
I don't understand either who's that other woman with glasses, in page 4, consoling blonde girl who cries: a new character? a future lover? Is she listening to the same story from the blonde's pov?
Too little info, too much guessing to do.

Really proud of that one, actually.

And I don't even understand what's the clever joke. I'm having a dumb day today. ≧。≦

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

The angst here felt forced. Forced misunderstanding is something I've found to not only be very common in Korean manhwas (im not sure if this is the correct term or spelling) but also Korean dramas. It gets tiring real fast. I get the sentiment of thinking about the possibilities, but for me, it wasn't really built up well here.

Great art style though. Really nice!

I'm actually not sure if the "Idle talk about idols" pun is because of how idle and idol sound similar or if it's because of a Korean idol group called (g)-idle (pronounced as just idle). It could also be neither of those two options haha

joined Dec 7, 2019

The art is very easy on the eyes

joined Oct 9, 2011

I mean, to be fair, hanging around the person you have feelings for, doesnt exactly make it easy for you to get over them, so ripping off the band aid and moving on with your life can help.

Plus blonde girl didnt really do a good job of telling her friend she was in love with her. So cant really blame the brown haired girl.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Really, the only reason we might not come to that conclusion

Since blonde is blushing on the very last image, in contrast to the image presented by brown hair narration (holding hands, where only she blushes), I think it's implied that it was mutual.

I originally interpreted that as just a result of high emotions, due to losing her best friend, but I could see it your way too. I didn't notice at first, but the person she's crying too seems to be wearing pajamas (or at least that's what I normally associate that sort of blue and white pinstripe with). Not sure what to make of that choice.

You could just as easily say it was the blonde's fault

I don't think there is any point in blaming anyone. Blonde was asking about boys, brown hair was replaying about boys. They were faking each other out. The issue is that neither had the guts to take the first step, and that's the cautionary tale of the story. And by the time blonde made a decision, it was too late - brown hair decided to move on and cut ties to not get hurt more. Another cautionary tale I suppose - hail mary at the last minute won't always work, for one reason or another.

Agreed. I was trying to push back against the idea that that Brown Hair was being dense or that the drama was forced, rather than this being a reasonable result from two inexperienced teens trying to feel each other out and missing their opportunity.

I don't understand a lot of stuff. I don't get blonde girl, was she supposed to be in love with the other? The talk about boys, it was a smokescreen? Was she waiting to last page of the diary to write her confession?
I don't understand either who's that other woman with glasses, in page 4, consoling blonde girl who cries: a new character? a future lover? Is she listening to the same story from the blonde's pov?
Too little info, too much guessing to do.

The answer to the first question is somewhat ambiguous. It's implied that might have been the case, but it could just as easily have been entirely platonic on her end. Similarly, the talk about the boys could have been legitimate interest on the blonde's part, an attempt to feel out the brown haired girl, or an attempt to stay in the closet until she was ready.

We don't know what was on the last page of the diary, which is sort-of the point of this story. The Brown haired girl refused to read it, out of fear of getting hurt, but the question of "What if" has haunted her ever since, to the point where she's telling her girlfriend about it years later.

The other girl on page 4 seems to be Glasses Friend from page 2, though we don't know anything else about what was going on and even that much is a guess. Again, all of these unanswered questions are part of what this story is trying to show us. The main character is struggling with them too and envisioning different ways it could have gone with no real answer. Showing us more, as readers, would lessen the impact of that message.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Oh, don't do this to my poor heart...

joined Feb 18, 2015

And if it were more fleshed out the Glasses Friend would have been subtly undermining the MCs confidence in the Blond's true feelings all along, and telling the Blond she shouldn't confess too soon or she'll ruin their friendship, and then she's there to pick up the pieces... the master manipulator of the whole thing!

Fishy
joined Oct 19, 2020

I originally interpreted that as just a result of high emotions, due to losing her best friend

Nah, it throws them back to school uniforms aka the beginning of the story. The end happens 1y+ after they finished high school.

I didn't notice at first, but the person she's crying too seems to be wearing pajamas (or at least that's what I normally associate that sort of blue and white pinstripe with). Not sure what to make of that choice.

I just see glasses as a good friend and confidant for blonde, who was always in on it. She comments when the brown hair "finally agreed to it" and was there to lend a shoulder when it finally went bad. I don't think there is any point in looking too deeply into it.

The angst here felt forced. Forced misunderstanding is something I've found to not only be very common in Korean manhwas

I don't really see how the angst is forced. It's not spelled out, but it's basically the same as everywhere else: they both want to be with the other, but they are scared that if it doesn't go well, they won't be able to keep their current relationship, etc. It's not really a misunderstanding, it's just a lack of communication and guts to take the risk.

After thinking about it for a bit, considering minimalistic presentation, I don't think it should be deconstructed and scrutinized too literary. Not sure if that was the author's intention, but for me, it's more like a fairy tale with a moral. Sure, they both could have done more in various situations and salvage it too, some of it didn't make too much sense, but that's not the point.

I also really like that brown hair is not portrayed as a cookie-cutter "perfect best friend" who will stay close to their crush even when she's hurting. There will be plenty of people in life that will not act selflessly and graciously, because we are all flawed, and sometimes we might just decide to run away from pain instead of baring it.

So shot your shots before it's too late, and don't leave important matters for the last moment, because you never know when it might, out of nowhere, go wrong.

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

blonde girl deserved better anyways zzz cute artwork tho :)

Inkede_li-convertimage%20(1)
joined May 10, 2018

I cried????

Gay
joined Jun 13, 2016

pretty

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Brutal on all sides. Smh... Life man... So many missed opportunities.

last edited at Feb 12, 2021 3:32AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.