Forum › Asumi-chan Is Interested In Lesbian Brothels! discussion

joined May 24, 2019

Meanwhile, immigrant women and kids are sold in some back-alleys. You can hammer that it's illegal, but then, brothels enabled that way of thinking: bodies can be bought and sold.

Nya-chan in 1930:

"Legal drinking is bad! The legalization of alcohol has enabled the rise of an army of moonshiners and bootleggers! Inspired by the legal market, a violent black market for illegal liquor has flourished! Mob wars ravage our cities! People die from lead and methanol poisoning! Homicides have increased 20%! Drug addiction has increased 50%! Organized crime has increased to a level never seen before! It's all the fault of legal drinking!"
"...."
"Oh oopsies never mind, it was PROHIBITION that brought all that! It's THE OTHER WAY AROUND!!! Shucks, I was all mixed up! Teehee, my bad!"

last edited at Feb 5, 2021 6:21PM

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

I can't fathom the reasons someone does that kind of job.

Even when people who do that job tell you their reasons. You do understand that those studies were made by actually talking to sex workers themselves, right?

I am not going to go into prostitution in countries where it is illegal, because such places legitimately are rife with problems, and I am not disputing that. But when it comes to legal prostitution, most of those dark stereotypes do not seem to apply.

Primary reason why people go into legal prostitution is money, but not in the sense "I am desperate for cash and this was the only thing available to me", instead it is "this pays really well". If the Australian example is anything to go by, sex work is basically in the top 9% of best payed professions and many of the women in it have college degrees (meaning, they have other options, they just do not want to take those options).

I don't believe the bullshit of people who say it's just like any other job. In my opinion, our body isn't something that can be sold.

Again, you apparently do not believe it even when it comes from those who do it.

Sources?

Because I think you can find "official studies and scientific surveys" that go both ways, or a little more nuanced than "prostitution good" or "prostitution bad".

How about providing those studies that point to the contrary? I am not even baiting, I think an interesting discussion could be had if you actually provided something to go on.

Here is the thing, over the years you have made it abundantly clear in this Forum that you have a visceral hatred for prostitution. You always make it explicit that you do not judge those who are in said line of work (even though such takes are then almost without fail followed by "but", bonus points for you literally doing it here as well, verbatim), but you obviously hate the profession itself.

That is fine, it is your opinion, and to be honest, I do not really care about it. What does pique my interest, though, is that anytime someone provides a positive take, you dismiss it entirely. When someone actually bothers to provide studies on the subject, you dismiss those as well, and here is the point: you do so without providing any sources of your own that would run contrary to those studies, you just state that such sources must exist. That is what makes it so easy to write off your takes, because all anyone basically sees is "I hate this, I really hate this, I do not care what anyone says, including the people in the actual profession, this is wrong."

In my opinion, our body isn't something that can be sold.

And this is the root of it all. Technically, it is not even selling, it is renting. But the point is, you do understand this is just your personal opinion, right? I mean, you even said as much yourself. You do understand that other people, including those who work in prostitution, do not necessarily share your viewpoint?

last edited at Feb 5, 2021 12:53PM

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

loved this chapter, bottoms being switch deserve recognition in word

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins posted:

That is fine, it is your opinion, and to be honest, I do not really care about it. What does pique my interest, though, is that anytime someone provides a positive take, you dismiss it entirely. When someone actually bothers to provide studies on the subject, you dismiss those as well, and here is the point: you do so without providing any sources of your own that would run contrary to those studies, you just state that such sources must exist. That is what makes it so easy to write off your takes, because all anyone basically sees is "I hate this, I really hate this, I do not care what anyone says, including the people in the actual profession, this is wrong."

In my opinion (again), women who claim to enjoy (or at least to not mind) prostituting themselves to men, are just internalizing a submissive role in the patriarchy. So, if you dig around, you will obviously find women who say that "renting" their body to men is a job like any other. But in my opinion (again) they are fooling themselves. Once passed the "expiry date", their job will end and they will understand where their true "value" lied: in the male gaze.

You may rant all you want about the freedom of women, or progress, but our societies are still definitely driven by what males need or want. And it's not going to end anytime soon.

Now, don't misunderstand me: I'm not into misandry and a lot of men are perfectly nice to women, love them for who they are and these women are as happy as can be to love them. Men are an important part of humanity. Without one, I wouldn't exist anyway.

But as long as the overall power balance is the way it is, in my opinion (again), there's no way that prostitution will be a "normal" job.

If prostitution was a "normal" job, brothels for women wouldn't be oddities that mostly exist in fiction.

last edited at Feb 6, 2021 6:15AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Jeanne Mathison posted:

Meanwhile, immigrant women and kids are sold in some back-alleys. You can hammer that it's illegal, but then, brothels enabled that way of thinking: bodies can be bought and sold.

Nya-chan in 1930:

"Legal drinking is bad! The legalization of alcohol has enabled the rise of an army of moonshiners and bootleggers! Inspired by the legal market, a violent black market for illegal liquor has flourished! Mob wars ravage our cities! People die from lead and methanol poisoning! Homicides have increased 20%! Drug addiction has increased 50%! Organized crime has increased to a level never seen before! It's all the fault of legal drinking!"
"...."
"Oh oopsies never mind, it was PROHIBITION that brought all that! It's THE OTHER WAY AROUND!!! Shucks, I was all mixed up! Teehee, my bad!"

You can make your point without having to make a personal attack on another user. You could have simply compared the mindset of people who supported prohibition to what was being said without having to put words in Nya-chan's mouth.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

This thread has been cleaned up. While we tolerate and may even appreciate healthy discussion that touches on only specific aspects of a given fictional work, I think we're quite past the point of any discussion worth having. No further posts on general topics or Nya-chan's opinions will be entertained in this thread. Should you wish to continue, please take that discussion to the Prostitution thread or the Cafe thread.

In the future, please be more careful in regards to Rule 10, which states:

"If your comment on a given work could be summed up as a comment on the tag itself, please avoid making the comment."

While I am in favour of applying this rule loosely, well over a page worth of discussion is obviously far too loose. On the same note, if one is incapable of adding substance to a given discussion, it's often best to avoid participating altogether. Snarky comments are not substantive and tend to drag on conversations well past their expiry.

As always, if you have any questions or concerns you may direct them to the Help thread. Thank you, take care.

last edited at Feb 8, 2021 6:17PM

joined Jul 22, 2014

Damn kinda makes me want to go to a brothel myself lol - not just that, take a friend with me and have a dinner after that to talk about it. Thats peak friendship activities.

Chapter 4 was so cuute! For whatever reason this manga really does it for me lol

joined Jul 23, 2019

Hello, I'm the one who wrote before to warn that "ho" was a disrespectful way to refer to sex workers and asked everybody to show respect.

I'm sad to find my words were not heeded. Disrespect has gotten much, much worse.

"I don't believe the bullshit of people who say prostitution is just like any other job."

"In my opinion (again), women who claim to enjoy (or at least to not mind) prostituting themselves to men, are just internalizing a submissive role in the patriarchy."

"A sex worker, in the eyes of almost all those who buy their "service", even where it's legal, is not really a person."

I don't know what's worse: the repeated offensive generalizations that deny the agency of sex workers (whose explicit statements of goals are haughtily dismissed because, it is claimed, they are all compulsed victims) or the blanket condemnation of a whole category of independent adult women whose life choices are portrayed as wrong and bad for them.

Everything that has been written against sex workers could be used word by word against any other group of women, for example lesbians. "I don't believe the bullshit of people who say lesbian couples are just like any other couples." "Women who claim to enjoy (or at least to not mind) lesbian sex are just internalizing a fear of men." Sounds familiar? It does to me. It's like poster Nya-chan copy-pasted every sentence from some gay hate forum and changed just a few key words to turn the discriminating statements against a different group.

What really riles me up is that two moderators, TWO moderators, have already combed through this thread and they didn't seem to notice this fetid hatemongering. Get your act together, peeps! Discrimination isn't something that can be tolerated so easily. When you meet it, you've got to bring the hammer down on it!

I hope my words are not taken as a personal slight against any individual poster. My problem is with the ideas, not with the persons. I hope moderators will take action in the future against any repeat of this kind of blanket condemnation of the life choices of entire segments of women.

Harsh but true.

Last chapter is a good example of this meme: two bottoms wanting to have sex!

And it also is a shining example of why this meme is such bullshit. Sure it may be a fun joke, but in reality there's no tragedy in being a bottom and going to bed with another bottom : it just works like for Ena and Asumi.

Word. Sex is fluid, all sorts of dynamics exist, it all just matters how much compatibility and chemistry you have, and those two had it. Such a great chapter.

I've always been deeply skeptical about the top/bottom split. Or the butch/femme split for that matter.

last edited at Mar 16, 2021 1:34AM

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

gawd that was like the best sex I've ever seen. the best sex I've ever dreamed of

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I've always been deeply skeptical about the top/bottom split. Or the butch/femme split for that matter.

It's a construct people use to help them compartmentalize better. It has very little bearing on reality, and is pretty toxic, to be quite honest. Labels very rarely help when talking about human beings; they usually only divide and hurt.

last edited at Feb 11, 2021 6:07PM

Tumblr_inline_nhvrix3pa41suuiq8
joined Feb 16, 2018

Asumi gonna be so overleveled by the time she finally reaches Mai-chan.

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

Damn that was great, almost forgot she's going after Mai since she's enjoying this a lot

last edited at Feb 23, 2021 8:32PM

joined May 28, 2018

It's a construct people use to help them compartmentalize better. It has very little bearing on reality, and is pretty toxic, to be quite honest. Labels very rarely help when talking about human beings; they usually only divide and hurt.

I personally really hate these butch/fem, top/bottom splitting. I mean fictional characters who are clearly a bot or a top is still hot af, but saying two bot can't have sex is extreme.

I have seen a lot of people around me saying something like the top has to make money to feed the family and the bot must have cooking skill, or the top should not be crying, the bot should not drive, etc. I mean what? Straight men and women see gender roles as a bad thing and trying to get rid of that, and here you're trying to mimic that bad thing?

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

"Asumi-chan wa rezu fuzoku ni kyoumi ga arimasu!" chapter 5 in Spanish:

https://lectortmo.com/viewer/32b3a6a63e8f2497e4b8fddb06b1b955/cascade

THE CAT IS OUT OF THE BAG MAI KNOWS EVERYTHING AAAAAAAAAAA

(taking a deep breath) Ok I've calmed down now. Another extraordinary chapter of an absolutely extraordinary series; I think I could keep reading about the lives of these characters for years and years and never get bored. In this chapter we get to see the sex workers from the lesbian brothel going out for drinks during their free time, relaxing and talking about work and showing us those sides of them that they only reveal to their friends. The focus of the chapter, however, is on Mai. Remember her? Mai, the girl from Asumi's past, who is still as much in love with Asumi as before AND WHO FINALLY FINDS OUT THAT ASUMI IS A REGULAR CUSTOMER OF THE LESBIAN BROTHEL, AND CONFIRMS IT WHEN SHE SEES ASUMI ON A DATE WITH ANOTHER OF THE BROTHEL GIRLS!

last edited at Mar 25, 2021 11:43PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Friendly reminder that this is not the Prostitution thread. Thank you, be safe!

Ryuko
joined May 1, 2018

LMAOO bruh there are so many good brothel/prostitution themed series going around that I mixed this one up with another one. But god I can't wait for Mai and Asumi to finally meet up AHHHHHH it's gonna be so awkward and weird at first but I bet they're gonna get down to it real quick too.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Wait, didn't she reported her time with Asumi to Mei after Asumi's first visit ? Unless i misunderstand that part
Also, damn that was fast for the two to meet.

last edited at Mar 26, 2021 12:39PM

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

Holy Madokas, Mai is super thirsty for Asumi. Like wow, it's been years and yet she still lusts for the same person. I admire the dedication lol. But finally yes, the long awaited meeting. Mai has got to step up her game so she won't just be "plain". Also, it feels weird to have a chapter that didn't have any sex in it lol.

Ava%20baby
joined May 5, 2013

When can we expect the next chapter? It'll be hard to wait.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Oh fuck, here we go.

joined Mar 25, 2021

Memes

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Holy Madokas, Mai is super thirsty for Asumi. Like wow, it's been years and yet she still lusts for the same person. I admire the dedication lol.

As dedicated as Asumi herself. Let's not forget Asumi is fucking every girl under the sun to find Mai.

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

Holy Madokas, Mai is super thirsty for Asumi. Like wow, it's been years and yet she still lusts for the same person. I admire the dedication lol.

As dedicated as Asumi herself. Let's not forget Asumi is fucking every girl under the sun to find Mai.

They are truly meant for each other.

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

Asumi already booking her next visit rather quickly... Maybe even during the act. D:

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

Imagine the scene we’d get when one day Mai or maybe one of the other girls introduces their girlfriend and it’s Asumi, aka the best lay the brothel has ever gotten lol, that’d be a hectic scene I’m looking forward to

To reply you must either login or sign up.